If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

Jesus, Yahweh to some, said he came to serve us and not to have us serve him. That is what I describe as unconditional love.

Yahweh, on the other hand, seems to put a condition of us serving him on his love. If we do not love Yahweh, off to hell we go.

I call that a condition to his love, which is negated when he tortures us in hell, then kills us in hell’s second death.

This appears to be a huge contradiction in the Christian ideology.

Is Yahweh’s love unconditional to you, or is our having to love him back and serve him a condition?

Am I bound for hell because I cannot love or serve a genocidal demiurge like Jesus or Yahweh?

Is Jesus showing unconditional love for us when he kills us instead of curing us?

Regards
DL

The mother of all questions....we don't know......we are told we do not die...that our souls continue on without our physical bodies.....all we can do is have faith that it is true...what sense does it make to not have that faith?....
I wish I had the answer for you...GreatestIam....

Jesus, Yahweh to some, said he came to serve us and not to have us serve him. That is what I describe as unconditional love.

Yahweh, on the other hand, seems to put a condition of us serving him on his love. If we do not love Yahweh, off to hell we go.

I call that a condition to his love, which is negated when he tortures us in hell, then kills us in hell’s second death.

Is Yahweh’s love unconditional to you, or is our having to love him back and serve him a condition?

Am I bound for hell because I cannot love or serve a genocidal demiurge like Jesus or Yahweh?

Is Jesus showing unconditional love for us when he kills us instead of curing us?

Regards
DL

Free will. He left everything to us.

All moral people will reject the genocidal son murdering...

Atheists have never had a "moral" issue with murdering people. Atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century was oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies. If I want a lesson on morality, I certainly won't be getting it from an atheist.

Get it from your bible then. God kill for many infractions that are minor but theists do not care as long as they get to stone unruly children.

Regards
DL
Gnostics believe that mankind is wholly evil.

Regards
DL

The mother of all questions....we don't know......we are told we do not die...that our souls continue on without our physical bodies.....all we can do is have faith that it is true...what sense does it make to not have that faith?....

Faith without facts is for fools.

You are letting your faith accept that a genocidal son murdering God is somehow good.

Hitler loved those who had faith in him. Your God is no better.

Can you not find a moral God to have faith in?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

B.S.

Scriptures are clear that God decides who will believe or not depending on who he gives grace to.

Read your bible. It is clear on this point.

Further, if any of us had the free will to not sin, we would have some examples of these non-sinners.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

B.S.

Scriptures are clear that God decides who will believe or not depending on who he gives grace to.

Further, if any of us had the free will to not sin, we would have some examples of these non-sinners.

Regards
DL

Not BS, you just don't want to hear truth.

Regards
DL

B.S.

Regards
DL

Not BS, you just don't want to hear truth.

Faith is not wanting to know the truth.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes their mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

Atheists have never had a "moral" issue with murdering people. Atheism's gift to humanity in the 20th century was oceans of blood and mountains of dead bodies. If I want a lesson on morality, I certainly won't be getting it from an atheist.

Get it from your bible then. God kill for many infractions that are minor but theists do not care as long as they get to stone unruly children.

Regards
DL

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide. "It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

You live in one of the poorest condition that I have found.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide. "It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
You can write whatever bullshit you want to write, but there is plenty of information out there that says otherwise.

Gnostic Christianity

A fool says in his heart, there is no God.

A wise man says it out loud.

Only fools have faith is something without any evidence or proof.

What do you have faith in?

Regards
DL
I have faith that one day you will find that you were wrong....

Regards
DL

You are letting your faith accept that a genocidal son murdering God is somehow good.

Regards
DL
And yet you worship who? Yourself?

Regards
DL

The Christian reality.

-----------

Regards
DL
You can write whatever bullshit you want to write, but there is plenty of information out there that says otherwise.

Gnostic Christianity

It is logic and reason, fool, that can only be confirmed as it is irrefutable.

That is why the dimwitted like you cannot understand things.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
And yet you worship who? Yourself?

Gnostic Christians do not worship. Only idol worshipers worship and as esoteric ecumenists, we remain perpetual seekers the way Jesus asked of us.

Contrast that with those who idol worship a genocidal son murdering demiurge.

Regards
DL

Apparently, God must be the architect of evolution. His “design” reflects the need to fornicate (or propagate), then die off with age.

Regards
DL

The Christian reality.

-----------

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christianity
As you noted, “information” does not equate to reality.

God looks after our eternal welfare. This mortal life is only an experience that will give us knowledge, wisdom, experience, compassion, etc in the world to come. In the end we will all live forever in eternity. We will look back on this mortal life as short time when we went through the school of hard knocks. We will be grateful for what we learned while on this earth. The experience will be for our eternal welfare. There we will never die and can never be killed. Death is a temporary experience that we only go through once at the end of this mortal probation. Death is overcome by Jesus Christ. In the eternities, we will never experience it. But by going through it in this mortal life we gain understanding and learn the greatness of immortality.

It is often the mistake of many to assume that God would coddle us at all moments and never give us hard knock experiences that will enhance our eternal lives. But that is not the case. Learning to conform to a celestial law through the process of repentance and reconciliation to God is also part of this mortal existence. For us to become more like him and have eternal joy and happiness we have to learn to conduct ourselves through free will to the principles of eternal joy and happiness. God gives us the law and the atoning sacrifice of his Only Begotten Son and lets us work out our salvation by trial and error. As we strive in this life to become more like God we can become eligible for the eternal blessings of eternal joy and happiness by overcoming evil and taking upon ourselves a character of goodness and love.

Forum List

Back