Zone1 If Biden Issued a Gun Control EO That Included Forced Confiscation, Would You Support This?

Well by comparison I feel inadequate. I only went through 13 weeks of basic and advanced training for Combat Engineers. I went to Jump School at Fort Benning and earned my wings. I was assigned to the 307th Engineers at Fort Bragg. 82nd Airborne Division. I had 21 jumps with the division.

I attended the Machine Gunners Development course. A week of intensive machine gun training. I was on the Battalion and Brigade Pistol team. But I only finished in the top third at the Division Competition.

I was an expert with Pistol, Rifle, and Machine Gun. I attended Jungle Warfare Training at Fort Sherman Panama. NTC at Fort Irwin. NRTC in Arkansas. Sapper School at Fort Leonard Wood. Participated in Training with Green Berets and Navy Seals. Attended the Amphibious Warfare training rotation at Camp LeJune NC. PLDC at Fort Bragg. I could go on.

As for how good we were my mates and I were. We got our clocks cleaned by the Green Beanies and the Seals. But that means they were really good. Otherwise they would not train against us.

We did twelve mile marches with full combat gear. About sixty pounds in three hours. We did that every single quarter. We did six mile runs every day.

But you say I would wash out. Curious. Less than ten percent of the army tries for Airborne. Half of those wash out. I got the wings. Sapper School is for the top ten percent of Engineers. A platoon a month goes through. Sleep deprivation, starvation, and exhaustion are your constant companions. Most people who wash out do so on the Land Navigation course. You are given a map, and compass, and told to find certain points in the woods. Day and night. No GPS or other tech.

Now I admit my wars were the easy ones. Desert Shield/Storm. I spent most of my time clearing booby traps from enemy bunkers. I was the first in looking for holdouts and things that would kill our guys.

I wasn’t a hero. I was just another soldier. One of over a hundred in our company who went and did the job we were trained to do. When Hurricane Andrew ravaged South Florida it was the Division who went down to restore order and provide succor. I was one of those who spent eighteen hours a day pushing supplies out to the people down there.

The motto of the 82nd is All the Way. And that is what you did. You didn’t go until you were tired. You went all the way. You didn’t stop because it was hard. You went all the way.

I also have a CCW. I attended the training courses. Since I had been tactically trained by the army I focused on my weakest area. The law. This way I would understand the legal implications and situations I would face.

I see folks like you at the range. I show up and shoot at bullseye targets. They scoff and tell me the bad guy won’t be wearing a target. I spent years shooting at human targets and even shot at humans. If I’m pulling the trigger the baddie might as well be wearing a target.

Then they want to explain that most gunfights take place inside fifteen feet. I’m running the target out to fifty yards. I have the wrong pistol. I need an Sig, or a Smith. I pull out my .357 and load it up. I put bullets in the black. A few bullseye’s. But more than 80% end up in the black. When I pull the target back in the tactical heroes are practicing their quick draws. Because why wouldn’t they?

I shoot the snub nose at twenty five yards. I’m reasonable and know fifty yards is too far for a two inch barrel. That’s the weapon I usually carry. The gun range experts tell me that is a bad choice. I carry it in the wrong kind of holster. I need high capacity and all that.

As I said. Compared to you and your friends who dream of the day civilization falls, I feel so inadequate.
We are realists you are ok with your Social Liberalism and Never Trumper / Never GOPer Turd Party ideals which only enable Democommies . ( BTW at least im
Better armed & equipped than you and I’m in California )

I have no doubt the "liberals" on here will support this by a wide margin but can you foresee any obvious consequences?
Keep in mind, a confiscation would require taking the guns from otherwise law abiding citizens protected by the 2A.

1-Do you support forced gun confiscation & why?

2-Do you feel every law abiding 2A supporter would hand in their guns willingly & why?

3-What do you feel would happen to the crime rate if the law abiding turned in their weapons & why?

4-What about other objects that can kill multiple people quickly (motor vehicles, planes, trains, explosive materials, swords, axes, knives, hammers, Hudson sprayer, gas & a lighter, etc), do you favor a ban on those as well & why?

5-Finally, would you still support it if you had to personally go out & confiscate the guns that some would refuse to surrender?
In other words, if it was your life on the line, would you walk the walk & why not?

I'll get it started-
1-I'm totally opposed to virtually all gun control except for in cases where there is an obvious mental illness involved.
Example- trannies

2-I know many of us will never hand in our guns & will defend our rights with our lives, so that means many people will end up dead.
Much more than the occasional mass shooting by the lunatic fringe.

3-I know crime rates have declined as the percentage of gun ownership increased. I also know most mass shooters seek gun free targets of opportunity & that's why they go after the schools all the time.
Crime rates will increase following any attempt at confiscation.

4-I don't want any other inanimate objects or tools banned either.

5-Obviously, I would never demand someone else do something dangerous on my behalf that I'd refuse to do myself.
I can't see how anyone justifies that attitude but you can give it a shot.

And yes, I personally would be willing to physically fight a fire/person or take down either a criminal or enemy soldier.
They may not support it publicly

Instead they will go into hiding, or even issue a tepid statement of mild disapproval

But then vote democrat anyway in the next election

We are realists you are ok with your Social Liberalism and Never Trumper / Never GOPer Turd Party ideals which only enable Democommies . ( BTW at least im
Better armed & equipped than you and I’m in California )

Maybe you are. I’ve got other guns. I just usually carry the snub nosed revolver concealed. After all that is what it was designed for.

What Rifle do you use for 700 + yards ?

Oh good lord. You’re going to get into a dick measuring contest now?

I don’t know. My AR is a target variant. It can reach that far if only barely. I could use the Remington 700. Or my Grandfathers Winchester 70. Pre 64. I’ve shot that far with them with a buddy of mine. He shoots a custom chambered for .300 RUM. He likes to shoot out to a thousand.

I could use a car and drive closer to your hide. Or since if we ever did fight I’d be on the side of the Constitution. I’d watch the soldiers drop a missile on you from a drone. That would probably be the easiest.

Scooter. There is 2500 miles separation between us. And you ain’t going crawl out of mommy’s basement and come looking for me. So this is not even academic. I already said I felt inadequate compared to you. So go on back to fondling your guns and feeling manly. I’m sure you are the next Audie Murphy if you had ever joined the Army. Or Carlos Hathcock if you had become a Marine.

One page in, and am out of here,
I sure don't want guns taken away from responsible gun owners,
What I want to know is where in the hell did all these gun nut bags come from?

I have no doubt the "liberals" on here will support this by a wide margin but can you foresee any obvious consequences?
Keep in mind, a confiscation would require taking the guns from otherwise law abiding citizens protected by the 2A.

2-Do you feel every law abiding 2A supporter would hand in their guns willingly & why?

3-What do you feel would happen to the crime rate if the law abiding turned in their weapons & why?

4-What about other objects that can kill multiple people quickly (motor vehicles, planes, trains, explosive materials, swords, axes, knives, hammers, Hudson sprayer, gas & a lighter, etc), do you favor a ban on those as well & why?

5-Finally, would you still support it if you had to personally go out & confiscate the guns that some would refuse to surrender?
In other words, if it was your life on the line, would you walk the walk & why not?

I'll get it started-
1-I'm totally opposed to virtually all gun control except for in cases where there is an obvious mental illness involved.
Example- trannies

2-I know many of us will never hand in our guns & will defend our rights with our lives, so that means many people will end up dead.

3-I know crime rates have declined as the percentage of gun ownership increased. I also know most mass shooters seek gun free targets of opportunity & that's why they go after the schools all the time.

5-Obviously, I would never demand someone else do something dangerous on my behalf that I'd refuse to do myself.

And yes, I personally would be willing to physically fight a fire/person or take down either a criminal or enemy soldier.

When ownership of certain types of weapons is restricted, those who continue to keep those weapons are no longer “law-abiding gun owners”.

In Canada, we’re going to ownership is restricted, and considered and open carry is illegal, everyone knows that the guy with the gun is a criminal. He’s not just some loon taking his AR 15 for a walk.

It also makes it easy for police. Do you know who the bad guys are because there are no “good guys with guns”.

30% of our household still have guns. But they aren’t on our streets.

When ownership of certain types of weapons is restricted, those who continue to keep those weapons are no longer “law-abiding gun owners”.
In Canada, we’re going to ownership is restricted, and considered and open carry is illegal, everyone knows that the guy with the gun is a criminal. He’s not just some loon taking his AR 15 for a walk.
It also makes it easy for police. Do you know who the bad guys are because there are no “good guys with guns”.
30% of our household still have guns. But they aren’t on our streets.
Yawn.

1-Do you support forced gun confiscation & why? NO

2-Do you feel every law abiding 2A supporter would hand in their guns willingly & why? NO

3-What do you feel would happen to the crime rate if the law abiding turned in their weapons & why? No discernible rise or fall

4-What about other objects that can kill multiple people quickly (motor vehicles, planes, trains, explosive materials, swords, axes, knives, hammers, Hudson sprayer, gas & a lighter, etc), do you favor a ban on those as well & why? This is a fallacy of false equivalency

5-Finally, would you still support it if you had to personally go out & confiscate the guns that some would refuse to surrender? I don't support it.

I'll get it started-
Example- trannies

Mostly mute points because SCOTUS would shoot down any such order because it would violate the 2nd Amendment. The same is true of any law or executive order that would deny guns to the mass murders. If you live in America, then you have to live with the slaughter of the innocents.

If Biden Issued a Gun Control EO That Included Forced Confiscation, Would You Support This?​

The civil war the Democrats have pushing so hard for would happen.

Door-to-door attempted confiscation of arms would make going door-to-door in kabul trying to clean it out seem like a walk in the park.

The 2nd Amendment was written EXACTLY for such an abusive, authoritarian overreach of govt power.

Even suggesting something like that would continue to make the Democrats the top weapons / AR-15 salesmen in the US.

What's the point with this crap john?
You must be better than that sort of deliberately manufactured trolling for only the purpose of another shitfight over guns!

The point is to imagine an non-existent EO so they can beat their chests, throw their poo, and rage impotently at their windmills.

Mostly mute points because SCOTUS would shoot down any such order because it would violate the 2nd Amendment. The same is true of any law or executive order that would deny guns to the mass murders. If you live in America, then you have to live with the slaughter of the innocents.
The enshrinement of constitutional rights -- necessarily and intentionally -- takes certain policy choices off the table.
Freedom > false sense of safety

The enshrinement of constitutional rights -- necessarily and intentionally -- takes certain policy choices off the table.
Freedom > false sense of safety
The Far Left & Left will use the Constitution and States Rights to achieve their goals , same way they use the ( Judiciary ) ( Government ) ( Medicine ) ( Science ) ( Law Enforcement ) ( The Military ) ( Academia ) ( Entertainment ) ( MSM) ( Sports )

If they survive us shooting them.
Some of “ Us “ won’t ditch our Social Liberalism for even ONE election cycle to save America and some of “ Us “ will bitterly cling to our Never Trumper / Never GOPer Turd Party ways even though it only enables the Democommies who are 100% united .

I'll get it started-
Example- trannies

There's a flaw in your bizarre idea, just like in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand, guns wouldn't be banned either. I know you can only default between "all guns v no guns", but you're gonna have to start educating your brain what guns with regulations mean. Think of it as "all cars v no cars", but you have cars with regulations.

Forum List

Back