Idaho Fish & Game Commish brags about shooting entire family of baboons

why not if its legal and if Baboons are considered to be pests . See my post number 79 to see if you agree or disagree and let me ask , why shoot crows or Groundhogs when they are seen in hunting or farmers fields in the USA Claudette .

Is he gonna eat that? I only kill nuisance animals or something I'm going to eat.

Thanks. I'm not a hunter but have no issues with hunters who kill for meat they plan on eating. Killing an entire family of primates purely for sport and then posing them with the baby in Mama's lap just for fun and then emailing the photo to over 100 people is as sick as it gets. Little question that this asshole left them in a pile to rot.

It's none of your business what legal activities he emails to his friends.

I bet you emailed pictures of your pussy hat after knitting it.

lots of people probably are amused . I look at the event as a Legal event thats neither funny nor sad . Plus i do not put any values to Baboons being primates that are seen by some to be human like OldLady . ------------------ these Baboons are only troublesome and vicious animals .
Almost as troublesome and vicious as the human who shot them all in cold blood as a joke. Maybe the baboons need to learn how to operate firearms, too, to make it fair.

And that is the most retarded statement of the day.

So lions and other predators kill "in cold blood"?
I don't follow.

I'm not sure why people get enjoyment out of hunting and killing?
What exactly is it about taking a rifle and taking the life of an animal from 100 yards that people find so satisfying??

I have an assortment of rifles. I enjoy target shooting. I often go to the range. I have MANY trophies from when I was involved in competitive marksmanship. so I'm not a gun hater by any stretch.

what's more, if you show ANY inclination to care about animals, you're shunned and labeled all kinds of names? Why is that? I'm not a bit ashamed to say I love my pets dearly.

I once came across a group of baby opossums on a dark road one night because they came out in the road as I approached and I wondered what they were.
Then I saw that their mother had apparently been run over and they were literally screaming and running back and forth obviously (and understandably very upset).
There were 6 of them and they couldn't have been much bigger than a softball. It bothered me but there was nothing I could do.
even a 5 year old could rationalize that the baby opossums were grieving over their mother....the exact same as a human child would grieve over it's parents deaths.

while many here would find that amusing and probably laugh about running over the rest of them, I find it hard to believe that intelligent humans can be so cold and disconnected and not realize that even animals feel emotional pain and anguish and want to live, just like humans.

Sometimes it's easy to see why through the centuries, mankind has inflicted immeasurable pain on fellow humans. They have it in them to totally not care. Sad epitaph to human existence imo..

Last edited:
why not if its legal and if Baboons are considered to be pests . See my post number 79 to see if you agree or disagree and let me ask , why shoot crows or Groundhogs when they are seen in hunting or farmers fields in the USA Claudette .

I agree with you 100% on political issues.
But we differ here. I would bet the baboons don't consider themselves "pests".

Animals are "pests" in the same way some consider an unwanted fetus a pest.
Of course, being human one might scoff and feel, well...it's different because we're humans. But how does that negate the real suffering animals endure?
It largely depends on perspective.

If an American were captured by ISIS, I doubt they'd see you as much more than a rat to be tormented then skinned alive....to their enjoyment and amusement.

Can one of you "sport hunters" explain the fun of killing an animal that has no chance at defending itself ?
Sure, I can teach a 5 year old to take down a Lion from several hundred yards with a .308 or .30-06...but what does that do for me or prove?

I would consider it MUCH more manly and a "sport" to use a Nikon D810 fitted with a
Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR Lens to "shoot" incredible images.

Really. I never understood the joy of killing. maybe if it 's explained?

Last edited:
well , when killing pests here in the USA meaning crows , groundhogs , coyotes the reason was that it is or was legal and killing the pests , varmints was a good DEED that farmers appreciated because killing the pests saved the farmers money . And then as far as the shooter , well its simply target shooting and practice . See some of the 'RED MIST' videos . So , killing pests is to save money for farmers because they don't have to poison their fields in the case of burrowing animals like Groundhogs . The cows and horses in the field don't break legs stepping into burrows as they graze in the fields . In the case of crows , if the crows are nonexistant then they don't uproot or eat plants that the crows will uproot and or eat Basic .

why do land owners allow target shooters , varmint hunters on their property to shoot as many Prairies Dogs as can be shot . The PDogs put holes in the ground that livestock can step into and break legs . And also , the land owner doestn't have to poison fields to eradicate pests and a pest problem Basic.

Ok....I see the human need to remove some animals to preserve their profits.
But it still doesn't explain why hunters would go to Africa and get so much joy out of shooting an elephant for example.

Are the elephants "pests" as well?

I would much rather see those same "sport hunters" use their skills to take down poachers who are illegally decimating elephants, rhinos and other large animals in Africa just to turn a buck on the ivory.

and i don't think that it is Joy of killing . More of a 'something to do' sort of deal as far as shooting pests in the USA . And shooting pests is a worth while thing . Even in 'england' and 'autralia' one of the reasons for having a rifle is PEST CONTROL from what i hear Basic .

Ok....I see the human need to remove some animals to preserve their profits.
But it still doesn't explain why hunters would go to Africa and get so much joy out of shooting an elephant for example.

Are the elephants "pests" as well?

I would much rather see those same "sport hunters" use their skills to take down poachers who are illegally decimating elephants, rhinos and other large animals in Africa just to turn a buck on the ivory.
------------------------- i gotta go , going to the doctors office . See you in a bit Basic !!

Um.... No, he's not one step away from being a serial killer.

And they are not murderers, murder involves killing a human.

Why is it that people with positions like yours have to result to hyperbole so often?

OldLady thinks that monkeys are human and to kill them is murder, but babies are just blobs and killing them honors the gods of the democrat. Fascist democrats are fucked up.

I consider the killing of giraffes and big cats an abomination. But killing and posing an entire family of primates including the baby? There's a special place in hell - RESIGN asshole.

<snips>

Idaho Fish and Game Commissioner Blake Fischer shared photos of his guided hunting trip in Africa with friends and colleagues when he returned last month, expecting they’d appreciate his success.

Instead, several former Fish and Game commissioners are pushing for his resignation — with a photo of a “family of baboons” that Fischer shot with a recurve bow prompting most of the outrage.

The first animals were four baboons shot by Fischer, which put that photo right at the top of his email. He wrote that his wife wanted to watch him hunt at first because it was her first trip to Africa. Fischer was making his third trip.

“So I shot a whole family of baboons,” Fischer wrote below a photo of him smiling while posing with the four baboons. “I think she got the idea quick.”

Steve Alder of Idaho for Wildlife, a pro-hunting group based in Lewiston, said Fischer’s photos were his primary concern with the email. Idaho’s hunter-education manual includes a section on respecting non-hunters. The manual includes this recommendation: “Refrain from taking graphic photographs of the kill and from vividly describing the kill while within earshot of non-hunters.”

“It’s everything we preach against in hunters education,” Alder said. “... It just sends the wrong signal.

“The biggest thing is the baboon thing. I was really troubled. That’s my biggest issue. He killed the whole baboon family and you’ve got little junior laying there in mom’s lap. You just don’t do that. I hate wolves as much as anyone, but I’m not going to take a wolf family and put it on display and show the baby wolf.”​

Full:

Fish and Game commissioner hunts ‘family of baboons’ in Africa, faces calls to resign

baboons%20with%20bars.jpg

I’m sure his life must have been in danger and he needed the meat to feed his starving family

I consider the killing of giraffes and big cats an abomination. But killing and posing an entire family of primates including the baby? There's a special place in hell - RESIGN asshole.

<snips>

Idaho Fish and Game Commissioner Blake Fischer shared photos of his guided hunting trip in Africa with friends and colleagues when he returned last month, expecting they’d appreciate his success.

Instead, several former Fish and Game commissioners are pushing for his resignation — with a photo of a “family of baboons” that Fischer shot with a recurve bow prompting most of the outrage.

The first animals were four baboons shot by Fischer, which put that photo right at the top of his email. He wrote that his wife wanted to watch him hunt at first because it was her first trip to Africa. Fischer was making his third trip.

“So I shot a whole family of baboons,” Fischer wrote below a photo of him smiling while posing with the four baboons. “I think she got the idea quick.”

Steve Alder of Idaho for Wildlife, a pro-hunting group based in Lewiston, said Fischer’s photos were his primary concern with the email. Idaho’s hunter-education manual includes a section on respecting non-hunters. The manual includes this recommendation: “Refrain from taking graphic photographs of the kill and from vividly describing the kill while within earshot of non-hunters.”

“It’s everything we preach against in hunters education,” Alder said. “... It just sends the wrong signal.

“The biggest thing is the baboon thing. I was really troubled. That’s my biggest issue. He killed the whole baboon family and you’ve got little junior laying there in mom’s lap. You just don’t do that. I hate wolves as much as anyone, but I’m not going to take a wolf family and put it on display and show the baby wolf.”​

Full:

Fish and Game commissioner hunts ‘family of baboons’ in Africa, faces calls to resign

I’m sure his life must have been in danger and he needed the meat to feed his starving family
--------------------------------------- Seems to me that the Baboon killer was simply LEGALLY killing Baboons in some foreign land where he is allowed to kill Baboons RWinger .

ELEPHANTS are a valuable resource and looks like the government of the country owns them and guards them as best they can . Gov charges fees to hunt and shoot or harvest the elephant . From what i hear the elephants that are killed are culls , old , sick or troublesome . From what i hear the gov owns the Ivory and sell it for something , it is valuable . The elephant is shot and maybe the hunter keeps some of the meat preserved , frozen or made into sausage and jerky called 'biltong' . Villagers get most of the meat .

<snips>

Full:

Did they eat their brains with Fava beans?

<snips>

Full:

--------------------------------------- Seems to me that the Baboon killer was simply LEGALLY killing Baboons in some foreign land where he is allowed to kill Baboons RWinger .
Yummmmmm....Baboon is good eating
Tastes like Chicken!

Um.... No, he's not one step away from being a serial killer.

And they are not murderers, murder involves killing a human.

Why is it that people with positions like yours have to result to hyperbole so often?

OldLady thinks that monkeys are human and to kill them is murder, but babies are just blobs and killing them honors the gods of the democrat. Fascist democrats are fucked up.

Nothing like choosing a different species to champion-defend while championing the mass dark god sacrifice slaughter of the young of your own. Stone cold. Lance Henriksen says so. Yes sir!

Forum List

Back