I would be fine with the tax cut if

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
they took away pass through businesses, and allow Corps that employ greater than 50 people a lower Corp Tax but not pass through businesses.

no double taxation that hurts states with state income tax and local taxes
continue the standard and personal exemptions

just lower the corp tax that employ people.

keep the lower tax cuts for individuals.

Corps cheat anyway and pay less than the corp rate presently, so what is the difference.

Last edited:
Even quit the mandate for insurance, just give them a penalty rate when they want to buy it like with Medicare Part B (medical )and Part D prescription coverage for seniors and disabled.

No problem just pay the penalty when you decide you want health ins. Lucky for you right now they have not repealed the pre existing condition yet.

Yes that is how they treat seniors.

they took away pass through businesses, and allow Corps that employ greater than 50 people a lower Corp Tax but not pass through businesses.

no double taxation that hurts states with state income tax and local taxes = double taxation

Corps cheat anyway and pay less than the corp rate presently, so what is the difference.
You'd be fine with tax cuts if you paid any.

I agree, states like California should allow their taxpayers to deduct Federal taxes paid.

Corps cheat anyway and pay less than the corp rate presently

No they don't.

You should tell your Dem representatives and Senators to propose a bill to make the individual cuts deeper and permanent.

I agree, states like California should allow their taxpayers to deduct Federal taxes paid.

No they don't.

You should tell your Dem representatives and Senators to propose a bill to make the individual cuts deeper and permanent.
True but we all know high paid accountants like you find the loop holes which the new bill will also have, so perhaps now they will pay 5% instead of 15 or 12%.

No they don't.

True but we all know high paid accountants like you find the loop holes which the new bill will also have, so perhaps now they will pay 5% instead of 15 or 12%.

They have 100% immediate expensing, they might pay 0%!!!

Winning.......

My problems with this bill are many
1. The bigger corps don't even pay 21% as it is as they offshore and have huge loopholes. We're lucky if we're getting 10% from most big corps. What does this mean? It means that only small businesses have to pay the 21%....It is wall dressing.
2. It rewards the rich and doesn't do much for the middle class. Doesn't do a damn thing and probably will end up hurting the middle class in the long term...The middle class will have less money to start their own small business and you all know what that means.
3. It attacks healthcare of poor and middle class people

The corp tax rates were too high on corp's that actually pay tax.

And Apple, Google, Microsoft, Walmart etc are actually paying very little.

So the tax act collects back taxes on Apple, Google, Microsoft, Walmart etc and gives everyone else a tax break down to 21%.

Ergo it is a very good tax bill.

And as usual as with Reagan and Dubya the rich get another really big tax cut.

But at least the real estate industry is no longer subsidized, at least not as much.

No they don't.

The Domestic Production/Manufacturing bogus deduction goes away.

And it is no longer possible to hide profits in foreign tax havens.

So this means all corps will need to pay some tax.

It looks like a pretty good tax bill so far.

Now is the time to pass it.

When the DEM's take over Congress in 2018 then it will be too late.

1. The bigger corps don't even pay 21% as it is as they offshore and have huge loopholes. We're lucky if we're getting 10% from most big corps. What does this mean? It means that only small businesses have to pay the 21%....It is wall dressing.
2. It rewards the rich and doesn't do much for the middle class. Doesn't do a damn thing and probably will end up hurting the middle class in the long term...The middle class will have less money to start their own small business and you all know what that means.

Well the middle class is not the median income, they need to say what the middle class is, it really above the median income. Regardless it does not do anything for those under 100 grand, and when they begin to take Hud, Food Stamps, and Medicaid away from people with the huge cuts in Medicare the poor will just get poorer and the rich richer. Crap the min wage is 15 grand a year yet for a full time employee. It doesn't' matter they are going to do it, and that is why we all need to vote in 2018.

The corp tax rates were too high on corp's that actually pay tax.

And Apple, Google, Microsoft, Walmart etc are actually paying very little.

So the tax act collects back taxes on Apple, Google, Microsoft, Walmart etc and gives everyone else a tax break down to 21%.

Ergo it is a very good tax bill.

And as usual as with Reagan and Dubya the rich get another really big tax cut.

But at least the real estate industry is no longer subsidized, at least not as much.

Not its not a good tax bill. Yes the realtors get a huge tax subsidy as pass through businesses.

No they don't.

The Domestic Production/Manufacturing bogus deduction goes away.

And it is no longer possible to hide profits in foreign tax havens.

So this means all corps will need to pay some tax.

It looks like a pretty good tax bill so far.

Now is the time to pass it.

When the DEM's take over Congress in 2018 then it will be too late.

I can't wait till the Dems take over , its time to put some brains on this nightmare.

Nonsense, you will never accept anything Trump does. Never

Mom, Pop -- you're the losers in this tax plan
(CNN)As the Republican tax plan continues to advance -- and morph -- with dizzying speed, those of us in the accounting business continue to be astonished by the thickening maze of loopholes emerging from the bill.

As a CPA, I could be celebrating these loopholes. After all, I would be able to save my clients a lot on taxes and could be invited to fly along to, say, the Cayman Islands to set up an offshore account under the new regulations. Four days at the beach with a fully-stocked hotel minibar and all the HBO and Showtime programs I can watch -- all fully deductible for me and my client. Sounds nice, right?

Wrong. As someone who has served small businesses for more than 30 years, and co-chair of an organization called Businesses for Responsible Tax Reform, I am not cheering. Small business owners aren't cheering the bill either.

Quite the opposite. This bill, despite the glossy, small business-friendly language being used to sell it, would actually do more to widen the tax advantage gap between large businesses and small ones than our present -- and already tilted tax code -- does. This bill does just that, thanks to the change from a worldwide tax system, which requires US companies to pay Uncle Sam taxes on all their profits, regardless of where the income is earned, to something called a territorial one, under which companies don't owe taxes to their own governments on income they make offshore.

Small businesses lose big on GOP tax plan (Opinion) - CNN

This bill helps the rich fuck over our country even more!

The bigger corps don't even pay 21% as it is as they offshore and have huge loopholes.

What loopholes? Be specific.

We're lucky if we're getting 10% from most big corps. What does this mean?

It means you're bad at math.

Mom, Pop -- you're the losers in this tax plan
(CNN)As the Republican tax plan continues to advance -- and morph -- with dizzying speed, those of us in the accounting business continue to be astonished by the thickening maze of loopholes emerging from the bill.

As a CPA, I could be celebrating these loopholes. After all, I would be able to save my clients a lot on taxes and could be invited to fly along to, say, the Cayman Islands to set up an offshore account under the new regulations. Four days at the beach with a fully-stocked hotel minibar and all the HBO and Showtime programs I can watch -- all fully deductible for me and my client. Sounds nice, right?

Wrong. As someone who has served small businesses for more than 30 years, and co-chair of an organization called Businesses for Responsible Tax Reform, I am not cheering. Small business owners aren't cheering the bill either.

Quite the opposite. This bill, despite the glossy, small business-friendly language being used to sell it, would actually do more to widen the tax advantage gap between large businesses and small ones than our present -- and already tilted tax code -- does. This bill does just that, thanks to the change from a worldwide tax system, which requires US companies to pay Uncle Sam taxes on all their profits, regardless of where the income is earned, to something called a territorial one, under which companies don't owe taxes to their own governments on income they make offshore.

Small businesses lose big on GOP tax plan (Opinion) - CNN

This bill helps the rich fuck over our country even more!

This bill does just that, thanks to the change from a worldwide tax system, which requires US companies to pay Uncle Sam taxes on all their profits, regardless of where the income is earned, to something called a territorial one,

We're the only large economy that isn't already on a territorial tax system.
Get into the 21st century already.
We have to compete with other countries and their lower corporate tax rates.

23844577_1443375875761325_5034774119929367711_n.jpg

Specifically, who pays corporate taxes?

Why do corporations, with operations in other countries, keep their profits in those foreign countries rather than bring them home to the U.S?

Forum List

Back