I wonder why most beer drinkers never heard of mead or ale

You know that the fact you feel the need to tell us that puts it in doubt, right?
I'm merely pointing out that anyone who'd play such a game is someone who'll never end up with a girlfriend, with the possible exception of Rosy Palm and her five sisters...

Because those are supposedly the oldest drinks known to man. One is a drink known from Beowulf and the Norse Berserkers who plundered most of Europe 1000 AD.

Also if you have played Skyrim, you would know of mead.
??
Where have you been?
In the past 10 years craft beer (overwhelmingly all ales) has went from less than 1% to now just barely under 25% of total beer sales. Ales are taking over...and it is about time.
I have been a craft brewer since well before it was cool.

As for mead, it is hard to get it right and when it is not right... it taste terrible. And when it IS done right - it taste like a cheap wine. It will never be popular.

I still don't know what it is.

That looks like something a 45 year old virgin, living in someone's basement, would be into...

The term "basement dweller" doesn't make any sense for someone who lives in Hawaii.

Cause in Hawaii, houses no more basements.

I'm merely pointing out that anyone who'd play such a game is someone who'll never end up with a girlfriend, with the possible exception of Rosy Palm and her five sisters...

Also ironic you would say that typing on a computer, talking to other people on the internet.

I remember when the internet was really new back in the 1990's and when most people stayed away from the internet because they found it confusing or such.

Back when the internet was new, you needed to know how a computer worked before you could get on.

Bring back Geocities.

Also ironic you would say that typing on a computer, talking to other people on the internet.

I remember when the internet was really new back in the 1990's and when most people stayed away from the internet because they found it confusing or such.

Back when the internet was new, you needed to know how a computer worked before you could get on.

Bring back Geocities.

Yes, but the difference is I just got out of the shower, got dressed and am now heading out to hang with friends for the evening.

People who play those games, like "Skyrim", are the types of people who have no real friends, no real life, and no real reason to justify their existence except to other people who are desperately trying to justify theirs...

Skyrim?

You are embarrassing yourself.
Says the guy who proclaimed "mead" wasn't readily available in the States.

How do I embarrass myself by not knowing about some video game which is played by people who wished they had a life which was fulfilled enough that they didn't need a video game to feel as though they mean something...

Yes, but the difference is I just got out of the shower, got dressed and am now heading out to hang with friends for the evening.

People who play those games, like "Skyrim", are the types of people who have no real friends, no real life, and no real reason to justify their existence except to other people who are desperately trying to justify theirs...

But, But, isn't like clubs all shut down due to covid or only 50 or more or such?

But, But, isn't like clubs all shut down due to covid or only 50 or more or such?

Um, no.

I rarely do "clubs". My local hang is the local biker dive bar. The beer is cold and cheap and the kiddies from the local college know to keep their distance. There might be 30 people there tonight, or there might be 100.

And masks will be scarce...

Um, no.

I rarely do "clubs". My local hang is the local biker dive bar. The beer is cold and cheap and the kiddies from the local college know to keep their distance. There might be 30 people there tonight, or there might be 100.

And masks will be scarce...

Where i live, seems some bars are closed.

Because those are supposedly the oldest drinks known to man. One is a drink known from Beowulf and the Norse Berserkers who plundered most of Europe 1000 AD.

Also if you have played Skyrim, you would know of mead.
what makes you think we havent??

ale is on the shelves right next to the beer and mead isnt regularly available everywhere if it were I would drink it,
if fact I have several quarts of honey in the basement I plan on making some with

Last edited:
??
Where have you been?
In the past 10 years craft beer (overwhelmingly all ales) has went from less than 1% to now just barely under 25% of total beer sales. Ales are taking over...and it is about time.
I have been a craft brewer since well before it was cool.

As for mead, it is hard to get it right and when it is not right... it taste terrible. And when it IS done right - it taste like a cheap wine. It will never be popular.
The biggest thing about Mead is that it's destroyed if it is bottled..it's only good if it's draft and naturally fermented and drawn instead of CO² charged. It's great when you can taste the grain as well....and NO hops...
Americans want too much hops to help cover up the chemical putrid taste most of the mass produced beer tastes like without it.
Ale draft is good as well... again with extremely limited hops.

Stonebrew is good stuff... again draft and not overly hopped garbage in a bottle.

The crap in cans and bottles is little more than water with alcohol and chemical flavorings then carbonated like a soda...and that's literally how they make it.

It's not beer...it's crap.

I've had real beer. Quaffer's League (home brewer's club) leftover rejects taste better than anything in the store. And once you have had the real thing...and know how good it really is you can't go back or stand the crap they put in the store.

Forum List

Back