I won the lottery of life, I am English.

Welcome and enjoy yourself. Do you sense English people swinging decisively Conservative or more evenly divided Liberal/Conservative?

Thats a very good question. Home owners like myself would hate to see a Labour or Liberal high spending £billions borrowing government, it would mean extra taxation to pay for their wild ideas, Labour and the Liberal parties are like your Democrats, the have nots will vote for them.
The Brexit voters will vote Conservative, even the Labour voters of the past will vote Tory.
In my opinion Labour will be wiped out at the ballot box.
Interesting. One more question, what is your opinion of the London mayor?

He is exactly what London deserves.
So do you like him or not? It SOUNDS like you don't.

The London Mayor was elected by the people of London, they knew what he was before the election yet they still voted for him. My statement was simple... they deserve him.

Hello to everyone, I’m here t to make new friends and discuss topical political news.
After a career working for the British government i am a tired civil servant. Living in London I think I have a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the U.K.

Welcome. I hope you wash that finger often, and I always wanted to know who Emerson, Lake, and Palmer wrote their song Lucky Man about.

You should blog about your experiences in govt. It's usually the civil servants who make it all work, no matter how diligently the politicians try and screw it all up.

Hello to everyone, I’m here t to make new friends and discuss topical political news.
After a career working for the British government i am a tired civil servant. Living in London I think I have a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the U.K.

Welcome. I hope you wash that finger often, and I always wanted to know who Emerson, Lake, and Palmer wrote their song Lucky Man about.

You should blog about your experiences in govt. It's usually the civil servants who make it all work, no matter how diligently the politicians try and screw it all up.
Lucky Man died.

Lucky Man died.

No! The “Lucky Man” that the song was composed about died before the man who wrote the song died. ;)

In the civil service one signs a contract of secrecy, good God man, I’m not an American that lets secrets go for peanuts. :)

In the civil service one signs a contract of secrecy, good God man, I’m not an American that lets secrets go for peanuts. :)

we can up the ante'.......maybe bangers & mash?
1db7625fbce1d07c166b8dd63a2ef039.jpg

~S~

we can up the ante'.......maybe bangers & mash?
1db7625fbce1d07c166b8dd63a2ef039.jpg

~S~

Why you “sneaky bugger” all Brits would sell their mothers to a sex starved Mullah for a plate of that.

Lucky Man died.

No! The “Lucky Man” that the song was composed about died before the man who wrote the song died. ;)
Listen, buster. You might as well get this clear from the start: When Old Lady gives you a cup of tea, you thank her and throw it in the potted plant if you don't care for tea. You don't ask for buttered biscuits or a cup of coffee. And you DON'T say stupid shit just to poke sticks at her. She is a venerable Liberal Queen on this flippin' board and no one who gives her a hard time survives.
Word to the wise.

Great...When’s the new remix of Revolver?

Lucky Man died.

Listen, buster. You might as well get this clear from the start: When Old Lady gives you a cup of tea, you thank her and throw it in the potted plant if you don't care for tea. You don't ask for buttered biscuits or a cup of coffee. And you DON'T say stupid shit just to poke sticks at her. She is a venerable Liberal Queen on this flippin' board and no one who gives her a hard time survives.
Word to the wise.
Yes excuse my poor judgment in asking for a buttered tea cake, I should have asked for jam on it as well.
Of course, as every Englishman was taught “the lady is always right, and should be treated as a lady!”
But when a lady doesn’t behave like a lady she isn’t expected to be treated as such! :)

Welcome to someone who lives where my roots derived.

First off, did you vote for Brexit?

I look at the UK weather daily. Brrr.

Yes! I voted for Brexit. We really should be out of the EU now, we were let down by the Conservatives, Theresa May was a remainer who simply ran down the clock.
Boris Johnson will take us out of the EU once he is elected, only one other party remotely worth voting for against the Tories is the Brexit party.
I was born in an era where there was no foreigners, no black people, only white Anglo Saxon. Knowing we can never put the genie back in the bottle we must try to preserve our white way of life and stop all immigration.
Can I get a hell yeah!

Sorry old chum, can’t say I’ve seen it. :(

Lucky Man died.

Word to the wise.
Yes excuse my poor judgment in asking for a buttered tea cake, I should have asked for jam on it as well.
Of course, as every Englishman was taught “the lady is always right, and should be treated as a lady!”
But when a lady doesn’t behave like a lady she isn’t expected to be treated as such! :)
Haven't we met somewhere before?

Forum List

Back