I was wrong... the health of the mother is not valid for an abortion.

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Watching Schumer threaten SCOTUS judges if they rule against Roe VS Wade made me wonder about my own knowledge regarding my position... abortion OK only in case of health of money, rape or incest.
I am wrong!
Even in 1981, former Surgeon General of the United States Dr. C. Everett Koop said, “The fact of the matter is that abortion as a necessity to save the life of the mother is so rare as to be nonexistent.”

But as former abortionist Dr. Anthony Levatino has affirmed on the record:
During my time at Albany Medical Center I managed hundreds of such cases by “terminating” pregnancies to save mother’s lives. In all those cases, the number of unborn children that I had to deliberately kill was zero.
What Percentage of Abortions Are Medically Necessary?

But the biased MSM has never shared that with us.
Consequently since 1973 over 61,781,054 lives were destroyed.
Think about that...what baby among those 62 million could have discovered cures for cancer? Or made other fantastic contributions...all because a woman wasn't responsible enough.
Number of Abortions in US & Worldwide - Number of abortions since 1973

Just consider that: 46% of all abortions were performed on women who had one or more abortions before!
Think about it... There is an excuse for first timers... but 2nd, or 3 or more previous abortions?

Planned Parenthood Turns 99 Today: Has Killed 7 Million Babies in Abortions

Watching Schumer threaten SCOTUS judges if they rule against Roe VS Wade made me wonder about my own knowledge regarding my position... abortion OK only in case of health of money, rape or incest.
I am wrong!
Even in 1981, former Surgeon General of the United States Dr. C. Everett Koop said, “The fact of the matter is that abortion as a necessity to save the life of the mother is so rare as to be nonexistent.”

During my time at Albany Medical Center I managed hundreds of such cases by “terminating” pregnancies to save mother’s lives. In all those cases, the number of unborn children that I had to deliberately kill was zero.

Think about that...what baby among those 62 million could have discovered cures for cancer? Or made other fantastic contributions...all because a woman wasn't responsible enough.

Just consider that: 46% of all abortions were performed on women who had one or more abortions before!
Think about it... There is an excuse for first timers... but 2nd, or 3 or more previous abortions?

Are you a male or female, I bet a male.

I am wrong!

I was originally ok with abortions in case of mother's health, rape or incest, based on the statistics, the murder of a person
that was NOT going to affect a woman's health is wrong.
Then I find out that really DUMB women who already had a 2nd or 3rd abortion?
That is shear murder because the women couldn't say NO!
It was evidently OK for a few moments of pleasure to terminate an especially innocent baby.
That makes my sex irrelevant.
But what is more relevant is you approve of dumb women who have already had abortions? That is shear stupidity on theirs and your part!

I am wrong!

I was originally ok with abortions in case of mother's health, rape or incest, based on the statistics, the murder of a person
It was evidently OK for a few moments of pleasure to terminate an especially innocent baby.
But what is more relevant is you approve of dumb women who have already had abortions? That is shear stupidity on theirs and your part!
To me a fertilized egg is not yet a human being, any more than a blueprint is a house. A baby at birth is a person and has the right to live. Somewhere between those two extremes is a line where abortions (except in very rare cases) should be banned. I'm not sure where that line is but it is our brains that make us different from any other animal, a heart is just not the same. Once that brain truly begins to function, that is a person. IMHO of course.

I am wrong!

To me a fertilized egg is not yet a human being, any more than a blueprint is a house. A baby at birth is a person and has the right to live. Somewhere between those two extremes is a line where abortions (except in very rare cases) should be banned. I'm not sure where that line is but it is our brains that make us different from any other animal, a heart is just not the same. Once that brain truly begins to function, that is a person. IMHO of course.

As I've heard, a baby isn't viable until the 7th month when a chemical is release into the lungs so they can expand upon birth. That's the line in my opinion. Third trimester is off limits. The baby can survive on its own and is viable.

I am wrong!

As I've heard, a baby isn't viable until the 7th month when a chemical is release into the lungs so they can expand upon birth. That's the line in my opinion. Third trimester is off limits. The baby can survive on its own and is viable.
Not unreasonable but medicine is progressing rapidly. The chance of survival at 22 weeks is about 6%, while at 23 weeks it is 26%, 24 weeks 55% and 25 weeks about 72%.

I am wrong!

If I ever see someone murder you, I'll ask first if they are male or female, before determining if it is wrong.

I am wrong!

youve never been a very smart person,,,

what a fertilized egg is is the earliest stages of human life,,,key words being HUMAN LIFE,,,

I am wrong!

If somebody has an abortion it’s none of your damn business. Worry about your own life and stay out of others.

Probably a compassionate human being. You wouldn't understand.

Why do we continue to allow the left to call Murder "PRO-CHOICE" ?

So, if someone robs a bank, can they be called 'PRO-CASH" ?

If someone burns down a church, can they be called "PRO-WARMTH"

Why not call Charles Manson "PRO-CHOICE" ......his victims had more opportunity to defend themselves than ANY of the victims of "pro-choice" ever did.

I am wrong!

Not unreasonable but medicine is progressing rapidly. The chance of survival at 22 weeks is about 6%, while at 23 weeks it is 26%, 24 weeks 55% and 25 weeks about 72%.

DID YOU KNOW A CHILD THE DAY AFTER BIRTH CANT SURVIVE WITHOUT HELP???

I am wrong!

a newborn isnt viable and cant survive on its own without help from others,,,

I am wrong!

7 months? So premature babies born at 6 months aren't "viable"? What is your definition of "viable"? Should premature babies be killed?

Fathers are required by Law to support the children they father.

Women who freely choose to abort a viable child of which they freely conceived should be similarly indebted to society for that transgression.

$400 a month per aborted child for 18 years payable to one of numerous Children's Hospitals or Children's health care services would do. If the father agreed to the abortion, he should pay half.

This would greatly benefit children and at the same time, put a damper on irresponsible behavior that causes suffering and loss of innocent life.

I am wrong!

You're being purposefully ignorant. That's the fucking worst of humanity in a civil discussion. You know I'm referring to the fetus surviving outside the mother womb. Don't be such an asshole.

I am wrong!

7 months? So premature babies born at 6 months aren't "viable"? What is your definition of "viable"? Should premature babies be killed?

I'm not speaking of premature births. Don't be a fucking idiot on purpose. I"m speaking of purposefully removing the fetus from the womb in a procedure which is called abortion.

You fucking people are stupid. Seriously. You think that kind of response is going to even begin to fly? Wake the fuck up.

You're being purposefully ignorant. That's the fucking worst of humanity in a civil discussion. You know I'm referring to the fetus surviving outside the mother womb. Don't be such an asshole.

whats ignorant???

a newborn cant survive outside the mother without help,,,

whats ignorant???

Is that within the scope of discussion? You seriously can't be that stupid, are you? We're talking about abortion which has nothing to do with what happens after the birth of the baby and it lives. Fuck you're dumb.

whats ignorant???

Is that within the scope of discussion? You seriously can't be that stupid, are you? We're talking about abortion which has nothing to do with what happens after the birth of the baby and it lives. Fuck you're dumb.

dont be such a bitchy asshole and accept facts when they are presented,,

and the scope of the discussion is when is it moral to murder an innocent child,,,

whats ignorant???

dont be such a bitchy asshole and accept facts when they are presented,,
Your facts are useless to moving the discussion forward. You are a troll and like to throw wrenches into a discussion. Probably because you are a narcissist and love getting the attention that your point has validity. But it is, none the less, completely useless.

Forum List

Back