CDZ I want to present this in this forum hopefully to get some real dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
#97 reply to #23 Re: USA libs in Italian hospitals overcounting C19 patients to depose Trump.

. The temptation for libs in hospitals to count deaths as Convid-19, to undermine the President is real. Denying that, is not credible.

We do have a death count from Italy reported in the Lib Rag WSJ.

Italy’s Coronavirus Death Toll Is Far Higher Than Reported “Many are dying uncounted as nation’s stretched health-care system struggles to save the living and accurately gauge human cost”

In the areas worst hit by the pandemic, Italy is undercounting thousands of deaths caused by the virus, a Wall Street Journal analysis shows, indicating that the pandemic’s human toll may end up being much greater, and infections far more widespread, than official data indicate.​

OG-EB928_ITDEAT_4U_20200401132243.png

OG-EB929_ITDEAT_4U_20200401132315.png

Italy’s hidden death toll shows what could lie in store for the worst-hit areas of the U.S., Europe and many other countries in the weeks ahead if the coronavirus is not tamed fast. The burden that the pandemic puts on health-care systems can cause so many deaths that it is hard to gauge the full human cost.​

As stretched and sometimes overwhelmed hospitals fight to save their patients, many other people die unseen and uncounted, including elderly people in out-of-the-way locations. In addition, the health-care crisis can lead to a surge of deaths from other causes that would normally be treatable.​

Is the WSJ fake news?

It could be. Stranger things have happened.

#98 reply to Post #49 Re: comparing abnormal 2020 flu deaths to normal years’ flu deaths requires huge asterisks

. And why did you not include the normal flu numbers for comparison? Cause that is your question.

The honest truth demands that you explain to all the readers here exactly why you are demanding that this years’ flu numbers be compared to flu numbers from any previous year’s numbers.

To paraphrase the OP - any half-wit should know that there is nothing normal about this years flu numbers b....

As I stated. Numbers with no context give no actual information.

i did not ask about this years's flu numbers. I asked about LAST years flu numbers, which would be normal.

Funny, that you got such a simple thing wrong, and then call me the half wit.

Whether deaths are being inflated is a valid question, but I find it as interesting that media (FOX included) are not reporting the number of recoveries for comparison, nor reporting the increasing success with Hydroxychloroquine.

They seem to be sticking with "If it bleeds, it leads".
Good point and, they also tend to focus on the 1.8% death rate instead of the over 98% chance you may never get this virus.
Just as many here focus on the total mortality rate..and ignore the demographic breakdown. Which is to say that if you are over 60..the mortality rate jumps significantly. More people under 60 will get the virus because, well, because there are more people under 60 in the population. If you are over 60 and in a Nursing home that is careless with hygiene--your odds of both getting the virus and dying from it are much greater.
My point? That asserting that there is a 98% chance that YOU will never get the disease is, in fact, misleading and ignores all the variables that come into play. How old you are, how healthy you are and where you live all come into play.

1.8% seems such a small number...while some wish to ignore that that small number translates into millions of dead people. I'm willing to trade money for lives.

The irony of all of this..is that if the measures being implemented work..and the curve is flattened...most will say the whole thing was overblown---because that is what success will look like..of course, if the measures don't work..those same people will blame the Govt. for not doing enough--thus is human nature.

As for the media...only shallow fools believe anything that the media says..Right or Left...without fact-checking. If you start with a desire to find a conclusion you already have..odds are good...you'll find the evidence that supports your predisposition. If you start with an open mind..and are willing to go where the evidence takes you...even if it's unpalatable to your political sensibilities..you might find an approximation of the truth.

POST #104 reply to #102
i did not ask about this years's flu numbers. I asked about LAST years flu numbers, which would be normal.

Why ask for last years flu deaths if you don’t want to compare them to the current crisis.

Are you disputing the numbers out of Italy?

Italy’s Coronavirus Death Toll Is Far Higher Than Reported “Many are dying uncounted as nation’s stretched health-care system struggles to save the living and accurately gauge human cost”

In the areas worst hit by the pandemic, I​

OG-EB928_ITDEAT_4U_20200401132243.png

OG-EB929_ITDEAT_4U_20200401132315.png

Italy’s hidden death toll shows what could lie in store for the worst-hit areas​

Last edited:
1.8% seems such a small number...while some wish to ignore that that small number translates into millions of dead people. I'm willing to trade money for lives.
It is a small number, relatively speaking. You're willing for the gov't to trade OPM for lives. Gov't has no money not confiscated from voters. Forced donations is not charity nor is it being charitable. Now, if funds were redirected, from say the Education bs then there might actually be a way that would be good. Or from any of the alphabet strong arm agencies for that matter.

The irony of all of this..is that if the measures being implemented work..and the curve is flattened...most will say the whole thing was overblown---because that is what success will look like..of course, if the measures don't work..those same people will blame the Govt. for not doing enough--thus is human nature.
This depends on the definition of success and by whom. If is the biggest word in the English language and we can go down the road of if about gov't intervention any time you want. Human nature in many is lazy, take care of me, I deserve it, I demand it.

"those same people will blame the gov't for not doing enough" is assumption, presumption, speculation and/or painting with a broad brush which is not fact checking - FYI

Gov't mandates are not over blown, and rarely, if ever rescinded. They are the gov't operating outside the scope of its granted authority- nowhere in the constitution is there a caveat about the gov't being granted the authority to shut down the country- it occurs because of a lack of fact checking the presumed, assumed, ill perceived authority taken by the alleged erudite acolyte pseudo intellectual givers of facts to be checked are half-wits believing they are special- and even worse they are believed by many.

I don't easily abide monologues-

I want to talk about intellectual honesty. I posted this in another thread

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.
Can you post conspiracy crap from the nation's leading dispenser of conspiracy crap in this zone?

Can you read the thread and answer the topic or go back to your hole ?
The topic is conspiracy theory nonsense. Doesn't belong in this zone.

The temptation for libs in hospitals to count deaths as Convid-19, to undermine the President is real.

Denying that, is not credible.
:cuckoo:

You libs have shown that you invent reasons to put your partisan gain ahead of professional responsibilities at ever turn.

So, your pretense otherwise, is just you defending your side's bad behavior.
Finding it suspicious when coroner's list coronavirus as the cause of death among patients with underlying health conditions is the stuff of conspiracy nuts.

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.
Can you post conspiracy crap from the nation's leading dispenser of conspiracy crap in this zone?

The temptation for libs in hospitals to count deaths as Convid-19, to undermine the President is real.

You libs have shown that you invent reasons to put your partisan gain ahead of professional responsibilities at ever turn.

Finding it suspicious when coroner's list coronavirus as the cause of death among patients with underlying health conditions is the stuff of conspiracy nuts.

I find suspicion about a lot of things- that doesn't make me nuts- it makes me suspicious of "official" anything since this country has a history of lying, truth distortion and blatant hypocrisy.

An elderly person with heart disease who contracts coronavirus and dies because their heart is too frail to fend off the virus is counted among the victims of COVID-19 and conspiracy nuts cry foul.

An elderly person with heart disease who contracts coronavirus and dies because their heart is too frail to fend off the virus is counted among the victims of COVID-19 and conspiracy nuts cry foul.

What about an elderly patient who has the virus and is fighting it off, and dies of an unrelated stroke?

I find suspicion about a lot of things- that doesn't make me nuts- it makes me suspicious of "official" anything since this country has a history of lying, truth distortion and blatant hypocrisy.
The claim started with Italy falsely inflating the number of deaths due to the novel coronavirus. Do you think Italy did that to hurt Trump's re-election?

What about an elderly patient who has the virus and is fighting it off, and dies of an unrelated stroke?
If the stoke was brought on by them fighting the virus, COVID-19 was the cause of death.

This thread was supposed to be about Intellectual Honesty.

It now reads like a politics thread.

It's unfortunate that we can't respect the intent of the zone.

The claim started with Italy false inflating the number of deaths due to the novel coronavirus. Do you think Italy did that to hurt Trump's re-election?

Funny, I recall quite a number of threads started by people like you, talking about how the whole world hates Trump.

LIbs just say shit, don't they?

The claim started with Italy false inflating the number of deaths due to the novel coronavirus. Do you think Italy did that to hurt Trump's re-election?

Funny, I recall quite a number of threads started by people like you, talking about how the whole world hates Trump.

So your answer is, "yes?" Italy is lying about the number of coronavirus to hurt Trump's re-election?

If the stoke was brought on by them fighting the virus, COVID-19 was the cause of death.

My example. I clearly stated "unrelated" and you immediately ignore that given, and start thinking how to blame the virus so you can count it.

You just demonstrated my point. Perfectly. Thanks for playing. See the receptionist on the way out for your lovely consolation prizes.

So your answer is, "yes?" Italy is lying about the number of coronavirus to hurt Trump's re-election?

My answer is possibly. Time will tell. I am glad there are a few nations, bucking the trend, who will be acting as a "control" so we can see if they response was called for, or an unneeded panic.

I've asked the mods to clean up this thread.

It was looking good for a while, but now it's been corrupted by the people who's ADD gets the best of them.

My example. I clearly stated "unrelated" and you immediately ignore that given, and start thinking how to blame the virus so you can count it.

You just demonstrated my point. Perfectly. Thanks for playing. See the receptionist on the way out for your lovely consolation prizes.
How do you know it's unrelated? Were you the physician examining the body? Do you possess an iota of evidence that any Italians died of a totally unrelated illness but were still counted as coronavirus victims?

One in a million chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back