CDZ I want to present this in this forum hopefully to get some real dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through all these posts..it seems ridiculous that some are arguing that one must die directly of Covid-19 to be counted as one of the victims of the virus. It is like saying that those who die of Pneumonia after contracting Covid-19 were not killed by the virus. They were. A person with heart disease who contracts Covid-19 and dies of heart failure was killed by Covid-19. It was the proximate cause of death. Everyone with a brain knows that this disease afflicts those with underlying medical issues worse than those without..like most diseases. If someone would be alive today..who is not because of contracting Covid-19..then they are a victim of Covid-19.
That is not over-inflating the statistics..that is the simple truth. IMHO..of course.

My concern is not for people dying of pneumonia they caught because of the virus. Obviously.

Reading through all these posts..it seems ridiculous that some are arguing that one must die directly of Covid-19 to be counted as one of the victims of the virus. It is like saying that those who die of Pneumonia after contracting Covid-19 were not killed by the virus. They were. A person with heart disease who contracts Covid-19 and dies of heart failure was killed by Covid-19. It was the proximate cause of death. Everyone with a brain knows that this disease afflicts those with underlying medical issues worse than those without..like most diseases. If someone would be alive today..who is not because of contracting Covid-19..then they are a victim of Covid-19.
That is not over-inflating the statistics..that is the simple truth. IMHO..of course.
Many people get Covid-19 and never know they have it. It is a very weak virus however, it is (according to medical experts) highly contagious. A person with a weakened immune system is, therefore, more apt to contract it and become sick.

I don't easily abide monologues-

I want to talk about intellectual honesty. I posted this in another thread

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.

Yet how can you have an honest argument when someone makes claims and presents arguable no evidence to support his claims other than other stories written by someone else. He has an audience and he tells them what they want to hear. Thus intellectually he in it for the money and fame which indicates a very large ego. Intellectually he could find stories that contradict the stories he reports and present both sides without commentary. Yet he just presents one side with commentary. He knows his audience. This is his livelihood. To say he is intellectual, no he uses intellectualism. Its not about right or wrong. Its for his audience. I don't blame him. Yet I don't respect anything he says unless he has facts that are verifiable and he does the research.

He is in it for the money and really does not have to work hard for it. Thus is why he had his maid get him pain killers to use from various sources and used 4 doctors to get prescriptions . He then pleads to the judge that he is a drug addict. Yet he has always said drug crimes deserve punishment. Now he continues on his stellar career. Intelligence can be used for good or bad. I would say you would have to have moral consciousness with intelligence as no moral consciousness is really bad.

Last edited:
Whether deaths are being inflated is a valid question, but I find it as interesting that media (FOX included) are not reporting the number of recoveries for comparison, nor reporting the increasing success with Hydroxychloroquine.

They seem to be sticking with "If it bleeds, it leads".
Good point and, they also tend to focus on the 1.8% death rate instead of the over 98% chance you may never get this virus.
Just as many here focus on the total mortality rate..and ignore the demographic breakdown. Which is to say that if you are over 60..the mortality rate jumps significantly. More people under 60 will get the virus because, well, because there are more people under 60 in the population. If you are over 60 and in a Nursing home that is careless with hygiene--your odds of both getting the virus and dying from it are much greater.
My point? That asserting that there is a 98% chance that YOU will never get the disease is, in fact, misleading and ignores all the variables that come into play. How old you are, how healthy you are and where you live all come into play.

1.8% seems such a small number...while some wish to ignore that that small number translates into millions of dead people. I'm willing to trade money for lives.

The irony of all of this..is that if the measures being implemented work..and the curve is flattened...most will say the whole thing was overblown---because that is what success will look like..of course, if the measures don't work..those same people will blame the Govt. for not doing enough--thus is human nature.

As for the media...only shallow fools believe anything that the media says..Right or Left...without fact-checking. If you start with a desire to find a conclusion you already have..odds are good...you'll find the evidence that supports your predisposition. If you start with an open mind..and are willing to go where the evidence takes you...even if it's unpalatable to your political sensibilities..you might find an approximation of the truth.
"many people seemed surprised that two-thirds of the Americans known to be infected were under 65, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control"

Opinion | ‘Covid-19 Kills Only Old People.’ Only?

Maybe you should do some more reading.
You sure that response was meant for my post? As I said..contagion rates echo the demographic..while mortality rates are skewed above 60.

Perhaps you might elaborate on your point..and how it relates to my post?

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.
Can you post conspiracy crap from the nation's leading dispenser of conspiracy crap in this zone?

Can you read the thread and answer the topic or go back to your hole ?
The topic is conspiracy theory nonsense. Doesn't belong in this zone.

The temptation for libs in hospitals to count deaths as Convid-19, to undermine the President is real.

Denying that, is not credible.
:cuckoo:

You libs have shown that you invent reasons to put your partisan gain ahead of professional responsibilities at ever turn.

So, your pretense otherwise, is just you defending your side's bad behavior.
Finding it suspicious when coroner's list coronavirus as the cause of death among patients with underlying health conditions is the stuff of conspiracy nuts.

You libs have shown that you invent reasons to put your partisan gain ahead of professional responsibilities at ever turn.

An elderly person with heart disease who contracts coronavirus and dies because their heart is too frail to fend off the virus is counted among the victims of COVID-19 and conspiracy nuts cry foul.

What about an elderly patient who has the virus and is fighting it off, and dies of an unrelated stroke?
If the stoke was brought on by them fighting the virus, COVID-19 was the cause of death.

My example. I clearly stated "unrelated" and you immediately ignore that given, and start thinking how to blame the virus so you can count it.

You just demonstrated my point. Perfectly. Thanks for playing. See the receptionist on the way out for your lovely consolation prizes.
Your point is silly. The chances of that just coincidentally happening are vanishingly small.

Actually, it's not. And you've demonstrated my point.
You've got no point. It's a trivial chance that they would have an unrelated death while suffering from COVID19.

Can you post conspiracy crap from the nation's leading dispenser of conspiracy crap in this zone?

The temptation for libs in hospitals to count deaths as Convid-19, to undermine the President is real.

Finding it suspicious when coroner's list coronavirus as the cause of death among patients with underlying health conditions is the stuff of conspiracy nuts.

An elderly person with heart disease who contracts coronavirus and dies because their heart is too frail to fend off the virus is counted among the victims of COVID-19 and conspiracy nuts cry foul.

What about an elderly patient who has the virus and is fighting it off, and dies of an unrelated stroke?
If the stoke was brought on by them fighting the virus, COVID-19 was the cause of death.

My example. I clearly stated "unrelated" and you immediately ignore that given, and start thinking how to blame the virus so you can count it.

You just demonstrated my point. Perfectly. Thanks for playing. See the receptionist on the way out for your lovely consolation prizes.
Your point is silly. The chances of that just coincidentally happening are vanishingly small.

I've yet to see you post any evidence at all showing people are being wrongly identified as coronavirus deaths.

I didn't claim to have such evidence.

BUt I did just get two libs to demonstrate that they would inflate the numbers if given the opportunity.
Well that's a lie.

Interesting that I challenged you about a point you made about flu deaths here in the states, and you support it, with numbers from some city in Italy.

You did not challenge the point I made because you can’t. Is this it?

Post #49.
. And why did you not include the normal flu numbers for comparison? Cause that is your question.

Asking me why I did not include irrelevant numbers to the point I made is not a challenge to the point I made.

HERE IS THE POINT I MADE. Answer this time.

What are you seeing, IM SEEING THIS:

On Saturday, the state had its deadliest 24-hour period since the outbreak started at the beginning of March, with 630 patients succumbing to the disease. Since March 1, 3,565 New Yorkers have died.

There are now over 113,704 confirmed cases statewide, with over 15,000 people hospitalized. More than half of those are concentrated in New York City, now the global epicenter of the pandemic.

www.google.com

'The scary things that this virus can do': Doctors across NYC share the harrowing reality of caring for oxygen-starved coronavirus patients as equipment runs short
"The hospital is basically turning into one giant COVID unit." New York's medical centers face a surge of coronavirus patients.

I’m seeing COVID-19 to be much worse and more deadly than seasonal flu. 7500 patients in a few weeks time - doubling new cases every few days.

What are you seeing?

Last edited:
In 1918, the U.S. population was about 103 million.
You didn't address H1N1- I guarondamntee had Hillary been POTUS the hype wouldn't be near as damning- that said- This is one thing that concerns me-
What Comes After the Coronavirus, Freedom or Despotism?

Not to mention Only One Way Out of the Coronavirus Crisis

Never mind that this crap is happening world wide making it a purely political hype to advance despotism in the US which would more than please many here- the "many" are demanding godvernment "do something", which historically leads to "unintended" (by whom is the question) consequences- since, historically our godvernments from local to national don't rescind decisions made in a panic- i'e. the panic of 9/11 evisceration of, at minimum, the 4th amendment.

I also (in other threads) posted some interesting observations about the 1918 "crisis" which using the "scholarly logic" now being applied to it points us to a different *origin* of this latest "crisis"-

My points being multi faceted, thus the plural of points-
However, so few bother themselves with reading opposing points of view I conclude, we are screwed, blued and all that remains is being tattooed in so far as Liberty goes and very little, if any, dialogue has occurred, whci is as I suspected- although a lot of Dogma continues for 8 pages currently-
I used that article about Rush as an opportunity to present that him and our very own beloved, I'm sure PoliticacalChic, are more than intelligent enough to see the error of their political bias- I don't listen to Rush anymore so I don't know about his sincerity, I see PoliticalChic is still biased though, which is a shame as she is a sharp gal-

But thanks for you thought through comment.

In 1918, the U.S. population was about 103 million.
You didn't address H1N1- I guarondamntee had Hillary been POTUS the hype wouldn't be near as damning- that said- This is one thing that concerns me-
What Comes After the Coronavirus, Freedom or Despotism?

Not to mention Only One Way Out of the Coronavirus Crisis

Never mind that this crap is happening world wide making it a purely political hype to advance despotism in the US which would more than please many here- the "many" are demanding godvernment "do something", which historically leads to "unintended" (by whom is the question) consequences- since, historically our godvernments from local to national don't rescind decisions made in a panic- i'e. the panic of 9/11 evisceration of, at minimum, the 4th amendment.

I also (in other threads) posted some interesting observations about the 1918 "crisis" which using the "scholarly logic" now being applied to it points us to a different *origin* of this latest "crisis"-

My points being multi faceted, thus the plural of points-
However, so few bother themselves with reading opposing points of view I conclude, we are screwed, blued and all that remains is being tattooed in so far as Liberty goes and very little, if any, dialogue has occurred, whci is as I suspected- although a lot of Dogma continues for 8 pages currently-
I used that article about Rush as an opportunity to present that him and our very own beloved, I'm sure PoliticacalChic, are more than intelligent enough to see the error of their political bias- I don't listen to Rush anymore so I don't know about his sincerity, I see PoliticalChic is still biased though, which is a shame as she is a sharp gal-

But thanks for you thought through comment.

I'm concerned just like you are. The precedents we set, by our actions, will affect us for many years to come. There are always alternatives to tyranny. But, change does not start with politicians in Washington, Wonderland, District of Corruption. Grass roots action can determine the future.

Rush is a brilliant Auto Salesman.,,
The man can massage facts like no one else and his fan base, who don't actually listen to his sentences, will buy his message of, "R GOOD! D BAAAAAAAD!"
Ask 99% of Rush fans (I have) to paraphrase his daily schpiel and they'll just stare at you like a deer in the headlights and say, "Ds BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!".

#151 reply to #148.
You didn't address H1N1- I guarondamntee had Hillary been POTUS the hype wouldn't be near as damning-

An intellectually honest poster would recognize the pure mathematical FACT that COVID-19 in the US right now this moment 11:2O PM APRIL 06 has a fatality per case rate of 2.9737 % .

For intellectual honesty and wholesome bipartisanship I will quote a righty so there can be no disputing what the CFR was for H1N1.

Post #349
I’ve been researching the issue, and the numbers are all over the place. 13,000 is the lowest number I've found for the number of deaths in the United States out of 60,000,000 cases, which comes to a death rate of 0.02%

Obana’s Swine Flu Pandemic has a CFR of 0.02%. C19 is 2.97 %.

On this day in Trump’s America Covid-19 is 148.5 times more deadly than OBAMA’s H1N1.

Last edited:
#151 reply to #148.
You didn't address H1N1- I guarondamntee had Hillary been POTUS the hype wouldn't be near as damning-

An intellectually honest poster would recognize the pure mathematical FACT that COVID-19 in the US right now this moment 11:2O PM APRIL 06 has a fatality per case rate of 2.9737 % .

For intellectual honesty and wholesome bipartisanship I will quote a righty so there can be no disputing what the CFR was for H1N1.

Post #349
I’ve been researching the issue, and the numbers are all over the place. 13,000 is the lowest number I've found for the number of deaths in the United States out of 60,000,000 cases, which comes to a death rate of 0.02%

Obana’s Swine Flu Pandemic has a CFR of 0.02%. C19 is 2.97 %.

On this day in Trump’s America Covid-19 is 148.5 times more deadly than OBAMA’s H1N1.
C19 is not 2.97%. dumbass.

Rush is a brilliant Auto Salesman.,,
The man can massage facts like no one else and his fan base, who don't actually listen to his sentences, will buy his message of, "R GOOD! D BAAAAAAAD!"
Ask 99% of Rush fans (I have) to paraphrase his daily schpiel and they'll just stare at you like a deer in the headlights and say, "Ds BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!".
Are you working on the opposite to say the D is sainthood and R is devil?

Rush is very intelligent- denying that is being intellectually dishonest which is what this entire thread was about- but, one would have to actually read to know that. The actors, in the District of Criminals, are the used car salesmen. Rush is like a campaign manager for Republicans, just like the talking heads and journalist are the campaign workers for the Democrats. Believing them, or you, as one's source for clarity is silly. Words mean things. If one doesn't understand simple English get a dictionary.

Intellectually honest? Really? Okee, dokee- here we go.
Lets be objective so we can come to an objective conclusion through intellectual honesty-
For starters, the fatality rate (no matter what the number) is not going to be accurately reported. But, suppose it is. You are, at this point, comparing a snap shot in time to an overall effect.
At this point in time the "fatality" rate is allegedly those who have contracted this particular strain of flu which is mostly in certain areas in a short period of time (snap shot). As time goes on obviously more people are subjected to exposure and *may* display their symptons and many will certainly die though the cause of death isn't really known it may be said to be "related" to or from. With this hysteria, and intellectually dishonest media spoon feeding skewed numbers and allegations, you, nor I, nor anyone else knows for sure- but, we have the option of being skeptic and not trusting any source since most sources skew to suit their political persuasion.
In this case, it's fairly well documented the media hates Trump- hell he can't even breathe right as far as they're concerned and their Russian Collusion failed miserably so now they've latched onto this in hopes of making him look worse- or, if
Now, you claim the fatality per case rate- ok- what is the fatality per case rate of the flu in general?
Also, how many cases are we talking about? Numbers do matter just as words mean things.

Intellectually honest? Really? Okee, dokee- here we go.
Lets be objective so we can come to an objective conclusion through intellectual honesty-
For starters, the fatality rate (no matter what the number) is not going to be accurately reported. But, suppose it is. You are, at this point, comparing a snap shot in time to an overall effect.
At this point in time the "fatality" rate is allegedly those who have contracted this particular strain of flu which is mostly in certain areas in a short period of time (snap shot). As time goes on obviously more people are subjected to exposure and *may* display their symptons and many will certainly die though the cause of death isn't really known it may be said to be "related" to or from. With this hysteria, and intellectually dishonest media spoon feeding skewed numbers and allegations, you, nor I, nor anyone else knows for sure- but, we have the option of being skeptic and not trusting any source since most sources skew to suit their political persuasion.
In this case, it's fairly well documented the media hates Trump- hell he can't even breathe right as far as they're concerned and their Russian Collusion failed miserably so now they've latched onto this in hopes of making him look worse- or, if
Now, you claim the fatality per case rate- ok- what is the fatality per case rate of the flu in general?
Also, how many cases are we talking about? Numbers do matter just as words mean things.
They post the highest rates they can find for the Fear Factor. The rates are much lower and they know it. They are pushing for a higher body count so they can play it at the elections on Trump.

Only good sample studies was the Cruise ship and good early testing from South Korea. which are FAR LESS than the numbers posted by this guy.

Pretty Pathetic and Sad that they care more for political power than the lives of the country they live in.................Hating Trump so bad that Governors Banned a possible life saving drug......INSANITY.

You've got no point. It's a trivial chance that they would have an unrelated death while suffering from COVID19.

No, it is not, not in the elderly population, or the at risk population of people with co-morbidities.

Your answer reveals that you, or liberals like you, are likely to just assume, and thus inflate the count.

My point validated. Thank you.

I've yet to see you post any evidence at all showing people are being wrongly identified as coronavirus deaths.

I didn't claim to have such evidence.

BUt I did just get two libs to demonstrate that they would inflate the numbers if given the opportunity.
Well that's a lie.

Said the man who's position is that any death, WITH CONVID must have been caused by the virus.

And should be counted as such. LOL!!!!

Interesting that I challenged you about a point you made about flu deaths here in the states, and you support it, with numbers from some city in Italy.

You did not challenge the point I made because you can’t. Is this it?

Post #49.
. And why did you not include the normal flu numbers for comparison? Cause that is your question.

Asking me why I did not include irrelevant numbers to the point I made is not a challenge to the point I made.

HERE IS THE POINT I MADE. Answer this time.

What are you seeing, IM SEEING THIS:

On Saturday, the state had its deadliest 24-hour period since the outbreak started at the beginning of March, with 630 patients succumbing to the disease. Since March 1, 3,565 New Yorkers have died.

There are now over 113,704 confirmed cases statewide, with over 15,000 people hospitalized. More than half of those are concentrated in New York City, now the global epicenter of the pandemic.

www.google.com

'The scary things that this virus can do': Doctors across NYC share the harrowing reality of caring for oxygen-starved coronavirus patients as equipment runs short
"The hospital is basically turning into one giant COVID unit." New York's medical centers face a surge of coronavirus patients.

I’m seeing COVID-19 to be much worse and more deadly than seasonal flu. 7500 patients in a few weeks time - doubling new cases every few days.

What are you seeing?

A complete lack of context to compare it to. As I said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back