CDZ I want to present this in this forum hopefully to get some real dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
13#241 reply to 04#71
Trump is doing a great job ?

Correll liked your Trump praise, Flash! Hope he likes this update on the polls.

Trump’s handling of Covid-19 is back to “cult-only” status.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll this week found approval of Trump’s handling of Covid-19 had dipped to 42%, down from 48% the week before. Trump’s overall approval rating was at 40%, close to where it has been for much of his presidency.​

Some Dems and Indies tried to give TrumpO the benefit of the doubt a few weeks back when Trump traded in his golf carts for his two hour non-reality daily TV Show. But they are a flop for him and worse yet, they are chock full of ammunition for his opposition. And they are loading up the Howitzers with anti-Trump political ads like this:

The spot then ends with video of Trump telling reporters on March 13 that "I don't take responsibility at all" when asked about the delays in testing.

Dem super PAC launches ads hitting Trump on coronavirus response
WASHINGTON — Priorities USA Action, the biggest Democratic super PAC working to deny President Trump re-election, is out with a new ad campaign that criticizes the president's handling of the coronavirus outbreak.

The group released two television ads Monday — one on coronavirus and one aimed at contrasting Trump with former Vice President Joe Biden, who is leading the Democratic primary race.

The first spot includes various comments of President Trump talking about the virus over a span of months run one after another as a graphic shows the number of coronavirus cases in America rising exponentially.

Every stupid thing Trump says in those press briefings will be inserted into effective ads all the way to November.
The first spot includes various comments of President Trump talking about the virus over a span of months run one after another as a graphic shows the number of coronavirus cases in America rising exponentially.​

"The coronavirus...this is their new hoax...we have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China...One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear...When you have 15 people...and within a couple of days, it's going to be close to down to zero," Trump can be heard saying in those spliced-together comments.​

The spot then ends with video of Trump telling reporters on March 13 that "I don't take responsibility at all" when asked about the delays in testing.​

Since TrumpO does not take responsibility for anything except for the good economy that Obama left him, to come out on film and tape saying "I don't take responsibility at all" for the testing failures, (the YD is second to last place among countries on a per capita basis) he is handing off the running of the country to Democrats in seven months.

And that will be a great thing DEMOCRATS getting SUPPORT from most all working Americans from sea to shining seas.

Last edited:
. Is the average of 10 to 15 rock solid? or is it something 8 to 12 and other years 17 to 20? If the latter, than 22.5 is not that shocking. I

the 22.5 is deaths per day in this crisis.

the - Pre-crisis normal was 10 to 15 per week.

that’s 158 vs 12.5 per week

Are you shocked into reality yet?

Is saving two million American lives worth the mitigation effort yet?

A "normal" that just assumes the death rate is the same though out the year is not a good number.

When you take steps like that, it looks like you are actively working to make the situation look as bad as possible, and that lulls me into thinking that might not be that far out of normal.

I don't easily abide monologues-

I want to talk about intellectual honesty. I posted this in another thread

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.
As you say, it really is about intellectual honesty.

These people, hardcore Left and hardcore Right, all follow the same approach. Particularly in the media, and particularly those who appear to think they're in the media:
  1. Begin with a simplistic, shallow, one-sided, highly partisan premise
  2. Highlight, focus on, and expand all information, data and news that supports your premise
  3. Avoid, ignore, diminish, dismiss and/or distort all information that is contrary to your premise
  4. Jump to dishonest conclusions, make assumptions, and belch out simplistic extrapolations based on the above purposely twisted reality
  5. When challenged, defend yourself by saying "everything I said was true" - which purposely overlooks all the information and facts you have avoided, distorted and ignored.
That is intellectual dishonesty in its purest form: Purposely mixing fact and fiction to push an ideological "point". And they do it so often that it appears to come naturally to them.

It can be Limbaugh, it can be Maddow, it can be any of their peers or any of their fans. These people are a malignancy on this country, and they're winning.

Who would you say is more likely to tell you the truth of a given matter? Limbaugh or Maddow?

Who would you say is more likely to tell you the truth of a given matter? Limbaugh or Maddow?
I don't know how to answer that question, because I don't yet have enough information. I'm afraid that I don't yet fully understand how you people define "the truth".

But when I think I have it accurately figured out, I'll certainly let you know.

I don't know how to answer that question, because I don't yet have enough information. I'm afraid that I don't yet fully understand how you people define "the truth".

But when I think I have it accurately figured out, I'll certainly let you know.

Well done.

#. reply to #225
Seems to be the case. If that information is supported by later events, it will make me feel better about the scale of the reaction.

If you are going to vote for Trump you will have to flip on the value of shutting the economy down to save lives.

The hate I see from people like you, for people like me, is all the reason I need to vote against your guy.

Better an alleged incompetent on my side, than a possibly competent enemy.

13#247 reply to 13#242
A "normal" that just assumes the death rate is the same though out the year is not a good number.

When you take steps like that, it looks like you are actively working to make the situation look as bad as possible, and that lulls me into thinking that might not be that far out of normal.

(1) Why are there makeshift morgues in NYC right now since the hospital system logged its first C19 death on March 14, if as you say the past couple weeks “might not be that far out of normal.”?

PLease explain why you cannot find one single news report or state, federal or city from the past since 2001 where it’s hospital system called on FEMA to send 40ft long refrigerated tractor trailiors where deceased C19 patients bodies are already being stacked makeshift racks or laying on the floor?

Novel virus pandemics hit in waves during a period that could be years until a vaccine is developed or herd immunity is developed among the survivors.

C19 is highly and more easily contagious than than most experienced before, and the rate of spread causes Hospitalization and deaths to increase exponentially in a matter of hours or days.

That is why leaders like Governor Cuomo listen to epidemiologists like my wife instead of people like you and Trump who pitcher to go by common sense and gut instinct.

There is a global crisis going on. Trump at first was in denial that it would happen here. He was wrong he revised his gut instinct to reality.

I dont see you getting to where Trump is. And that is a low bar.

13#241 reply to 04#71
Trump is doing a great job ?

Correll liked your Trump praise, Flash! Hope he likes this update on the polls.

Trump’s handling of Covid-19 is back to “cult-only” status.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll this week found approval of Trump’s handling of Covid-19 had dipped to 42%, down from 48% the week before. Trump’s overall approval rating was at 40%, close to where it has been for much of his presidency.​

Some Dems and Indies tried to give TrumpO the benefit of the doubt a few weeks back when Trump traded in his golf carts for his two hour non-reality daily TV Show. But they are a flop for him and worse yet, they are chock full of ammunition for his opposition. And they are loading up the Howitzers with anti-Trump political ads like this:

The spot then ends with video of Trump telling reporters on March 13 that "I don't take responsibility at all" when asked about the delays in testing.

Dem super PAC launches ads hitting Trump on coronavirus response
WASHINGTON — Priorities USA Action, the biggest Democratic super PAC working to deny President Trump re-election, is out with a new ad campaign that criticizes the president's handling of the coronavirus outbreak.

The group released two television ads Monday — one on coronavirus and one aimed at contrasting Trump with former Vice President Joe Biden, who is leading the Democratic primary race.

The first spot includes various comments of President Trump talking about the virus over a span of months run one after another as a graphic shows the number of coronavirus cases in America rising exponentially.

Every stupid thing Trump says in those press briefings will be inserted into effective ads all the way to November.
The first spot includes various comments of President Trump talking about the virus over a span of months run one after another as a graphic shows the number of coronavirus cases in America rising exponentially.​

"The coronavirus...this is their new hoax...we have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China...One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear...When you have 15 people...and within a couple of days, it's going to be close to down to zero," Trump can be heard saying in those spliced-together comments.​

The spot then ends with video of Trump telling reporters on March 13 that "I don't take responsibility at all" when asked about the delays in testing.​

Since TrumpO does not take responsibility for anything except for the good economy that Obama left him, to come out on film and tape saying "I don't take responsibility at all" for the testing failures, (the YD is second to last place among countries on a per capita basis) he is handing off the running of the country to Democrats in seven months.

And that will be a great thing DEMOCRATS getting SUPPORT from most all working Americans from sea to shining seas.

Been listening to CNN or Rachael Maddow too much, eh?

What is absolutely a hoot and a half is the mindset of these stupid TDS afflict nitwits that that think that either Crooked Hillary or that clown Biden would/could do a better job than Trump.

Both of these shitheads were part of an administration that increased poverty, decreased family income, really ran up debt, increased taxes, let millions of illegals flood in, weaken the military, had dismal economic growth and sat on their asses doing nothing while thousands of Americans died from H1N1.

Thank god that Trump came in and fixed Obama's disastrous economy and we went into this with a booming economy. Thank god that Trump didn't listen to the stupid Democrats and not take decisive action against China like they said was racist. Thank god Trump is President who can get us back on track after the Pandemic passes.

If anybody is so stupid as to think the Democrats can get this country back on track then they are delusional as hell. The TDS mental illness does that to the Moon Bats. Makes them delusional.

Thank god that Trump didn't listen to the stupid Democrats and not take decisive action against China like they said was racist.

I Thank god the airlines shut down flights to China before Trump set up his late & toothless China travel ban.

I THANK GOD we have technology today that cannot be refuted when showman Trump bloviates in front of international cameras:

"The coronavirus...this is their new hoax...we have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China...One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear...When you have 15 people...and within a couple of days, it's going to be close to down to zero," Trump can be heard saying in those spliced-together comments.

Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!

13#reply to 13#242

I did not and am not assuming the C19 death rate will be the same throughout the year.

Where do you get those idiotic mental fits?

I am trying to show the current daily rate of hospital deaths at 800 per 24 hours is hopefully near a peak level and will slowly revert to normal.

137F4950-A1A3-4164-A44B-61F38BAFFFC8.jpeg

It will help if you concentrate on your responses (rather than misquoting mine) that you don’t have enough information to confirm in your Trump addled brain that Trump was correct to switch from stating there would be zero American C19 deaths on February 25 to stating his actions will save 2.2 million American lives after he realized he was wrong.

As far as I can tell you are still with the Feb25 Trump believing seasonal flu kills fifty thousand a year and C19 is no big deal because he had it all under control.

if you think the chart shows what is a normal yearly occurrence, then show me charts with that level of the Daily Death rate on an exponential curve that is haunting Trump’s watch.

Show us something for god’s sake instead of crying because you think intelligent people hate people like you. Just show a chart.

NYC is in a pandemic crisis.

I only hate idiots that refuse to see it.

You will have to accept some day because the president you will vote for had this reality forced on him.

Last edited:
13#reply to 13#242

I did not and am not assuming the C19 death rate will be the same throughout the year.

I was obviously referring to your math on the previous years' death rate.

Where you did do that.

Exactly that, except for other causes of death. So don't put on airs.

13#255 reply to #254

Sorry, calculating the average daily rate of pneumonia deaths in a previous year in order to have a snapshot of a normal daily death rate is not saying it is the same throughout the year. Pertinent to our discussion it does not require a March/April to March/April comparison.

New York has just reported four days in a row with around 800 deaths every 24 hours.

They’ve had over 7800 C19 deaths in four weeks, they have tractor trailers overflowing with dead bodies, and you sit there whining over the method of comparing Trump’s crisis to previous years. Still not sure if mitigation is worth it. Come, on.

I told you to dig up a report showing a crisis of this magnitude in New York since 2001.

OBAMA’s 2009 pandemic must have been this bad according to right wing propaganda. Flash Why no reports.

Who do you think you can impress with such ridiculous posting of meaningless thoughts?

16104B9A-5268-4C69-BB8B-A5849F156150.jpeg

Last edited:
13#255 reply to #254

Sorry, calculating the average daily rate of pneumonia deaths in a previous year in order to have a snapshot of a normal daily death rate is not saying it is the same throughout the year. ...

You compared an annual average to an average from the peak of a disease outbreak.

That was you either making a mistake or purposefully being misleading.

13#257 reply to 13#256
You compared an annual average to an average from the peak of a disease outbreak.

That was you either making a mistake or purposefully being misleading.

Yes. And that it exactly what was presented. So it was not a mistake. If you think it was misleading that is a problem with your mental abilities.

New York will be over 8000 C19 deaths in the first four weeks from the start. That’s approaching double the normal number of deaths in 2017 for a full year. And you
need more statistics to accept Trump is facing a real crisis that he is not equipped to deal with.

Trump tried to blame Obama for the testing failures but it’s not working. That’s not what the suffering and not so suffering wish to hear during a health and economic crisis.

So give it up. If you can’t see it now you never will.

Thank god that Trump didn't listen to the stupid Democrats and not take decisive action against China like they said was racist.

C19 went around Trump’s blockade and snuck into NYC while TrumpO was bragging he had it all under control.

Born in a China the C19 virus has no brain but they outsmarted Trump all the way. Even snuck into Mar-A-Lago.
Trump can’t deal with what scientists can figure out.

“So now the Fake News The New York Times is tracing the CoronaVirus origins back to Europe, NOT China. This is a first! I wonder where (sic) the Failing New York Times got for this one? Are there any NAMED sources?”

13 Post #259

TRUMP says it all the time; “Think of the number — potentially 2.2 million [dead Americans] people if we did nothing, if we didn’t do the distancing, if we didn’t do all of the things that we’re doing,”

Limbaugh said Feb. 24 on his radio show: "It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump," I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks."

NFBW April 12: Limbaugh was dead wrong but in an attempt to keep his dittohead frump base in “deer in the headlights” line he found this shining object for them. Dr, James Lee.

Limbaugh said APRIL 02 “.what if we are recording a bunch of deaths to coronavirus which really should not be chalked up to coronavirus? People die on this planet every day from a wide variety of things. But because the coronavirus is out there, got everybody paranoid, governments are eager, almost, to chalk up as many deaths to coronavirus as they can because then it furthers the policies they have put in place by virtue of their models.” Random Thoughts to Open the Program

01#2
. For one thing, Rush isn't so much hyper-partisan as much as simply honest how wrong the Left really are. And he is right, the evidence supports the fact that this has been deliberately blown out of proportion by not only how many good things we have gotten wrong, but the number of wrong and ineffective things they have mandated! There is no doubt now that they want this pandemic to appear as bad and as large as they can.

01#1
I want to talk about intellectual honesty.

4#72
That's the democrat plan and it has been the democrat plan since 1966

03#46
The Liberals have tried to blow this Pandemic out of proportion in the hopes of getting everybody pissed off to the point they distrust the government and the people running it, no matter what they do.

10#195
This is why the issue of what they died of and the area you're coving is important to know. Otherwise the numbers become skewed, resources are wasted, and people become unsympathetic and unaffected about the information presented.

03#57
3 And I want numbers for anyone that died WITH the flu, cause I would bet money that that is the count we are getting for convid 19.

01#52
- this is all media bullshit because they don't like Trump and will sell their souls just to be able to hate him publicly

This question is for all of you.

Do you agree with RL that, “The coronavirus is the common cold, folks." but the “governments are eager, almost, to chalk up as many deaths to coronavirus as they can because then it furthers the policies they have put in place”??????????

Last edited:
TRUMP says it all the time; “Think of the number — potentially 2.2 million [dead Americans] people if we did nothing, if we didn’t do the distancing, if we didn’t do all of the things that we’re doing,”

Limbaugh said Feb. 24 on his radio show: "It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump," I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks."

NFBW April 12: Limbaugh was dead wrong but in an attempt to keep his dittohead frump base in “deer in the headlights” line he found this shining object for them. Dr, James Lee.

Limbaugh said APRIL 02 “.what if we are recording a bunch of deaths to coronavirus which really should not be chalked up to coronavirus? People die on this planet every day from a wide variety of things. But because the coronavirus is out there, got everybody paranoid, governments are eager, almost, to chalk up as many deaths to coronavirus as they can because then it furthers the policies they have put in place by virtue of their models.” Random Thoughts to Open the Program

01#2
. For one thing, Rush isn't so much hyper-partisan as much as simply honest how wrong the Left really are. And he is right, the evidence supports the fact that this has been deliberately blown out of proportion by not only how many good things we have gotten wrong, but the number of wrong and ineffective things they have mandated! There is no doubt now that they want this pandemic to appear as bad and as large as they can.

01#1
I want to talk about intellectual honesty.

4#72
That's the democrat plan and it has been the democrat plan since 1966

03#46
The Liberals have tried to blow this Pandemic out of proportion in the hopes of getting everybody pissed off to the point they distrust the government and the people running it, no matter what they do.

10#195
This is why the issue of what they died of and the area you're coving is important to know. Otherwise the numbers become skewed, resources are wasted, and people become unsympathetic and unaffected about the information presented.

03#57
3 And I want numbers for anyone that died WITH the flu, cause I would bet money that that is the count we are getting for convid 19.

01#52
- this is all media bullshit because they don't like Trump and will sell their souls just to be able to hate him publicly

This question is for all of you.

Do you agree with RL that, “The coronavirus is the common cold, folks." but the “governments are eager, almost, to chalk up as many deaths to coronavirus as they can because then it furthers the policies they have put in place”??????????

I don't think that the coronavirus is the common cold. I don't know that it is as bad as it is being made out.

I know that libs in government positions have a motive to inflate the numbers, and have demonstrated that they put partisan advantage over their jobs in plenty of other examples.

Indeed, I had one lib admit that he would assume that anyone that died with convid-19 died FROM it, and another just do it, with an hypothetical I presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back