I voted for Carter and it was a mistake...Biden is Carter 2.0 and I didn't vote for Biden...I learned my lesson!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I stupidly voted for Carter in 1976 because I thought "hey... here is a smart guy! Graduate of Naval Academy...worked for the father of Nuclear submarines, Admiral Rickover...governor of Ga... what could go wrong!
FACT about Carter... Misery Index leader...(Misery Index is combination of inflation and unemployment rate).
Was President in June 1980 when the index hit the record High: 21.98 US Misery Index
So when Biden ran for president much as I disliked Trump's personal characteristics, Trump was draining the swamp and the swamp and MSM were pissed. Because they donated to Hillary in 2016 96% of their donations. Pissed for 4 years and in doing everything to tear down the bombastic, Trump... wrote the most negative news for 4 years. In 2020 they donated 90% to Biden knowing their efforts plus the pandemic which encouraged JUNK MAIL voting by Democrats would put Biden in...and it did!
Biden is worse than Carter!
A) He is no where near as smart as Carter!
B) He has been a swamp rat for over 40 years.
C) Biden appears sexually attracted to under age girls as he kisses on lips, smells their hair, strokes their shoulders all grossly disgusting!
D) Finally at 79 Biden is cognitively challenged...Biden's idiotic statements..."United Steaks of America"... "I drove semi trucks"..."

‘a zero price tag’,​

These and many more really dumb statements..."We are with you, Jussie." are even more reasons PLUS finally, who will the Democrats run in 2024? Surely not Harris? Biden will not be the 2024 candidate.

I stupidly voted for Carter in 1976 because I thought "hey... here is a smart guy! Graduate of Naval Academy...worked for the father of Nuclear submarines, Admiral Rickover...governor of Ga... what could go wrong!
FACT about Carter... Misery Index leader...(Misery Index is combination of inflation and unemployment rate).
Was President in June 1980 when the index hit the record High: 21.98 US Misery Index
So when Biden ran for president much as I disliked Trump's personal characteristics, Trump was draining the swamp and the swamp and MSM were pissed. Because they donated to Hillary in 2016 96% of their donations. Pissed for 4 years and in doing everything to tear down the bombastic, Trump... wrote the most negative news for 4 years. In 2020 they donated 90% to Biden knowing their efforts plus the pandemic which encouraged JUNK MAIL voting by Democrats would put Biden in...and it did!
C) Biden appears sexually attracted to under age girls as he kisses on lips, smells their hair, strokes their shoulders all grossly disgusting!
D) Finally at 79 Biden is cognitively challenged...Biden's idiotic statements..."United Steaks of America"... "I drove semi trucks"..."

‘a zero price tag’,​

These and many more really dumb statements..."We are with you, Jussie." are even more reasons PLUS finally, who will the Democrats run in 2024? Surely not Harris? Biden will not be the 2024 candidate.
Don't be stupid or ashamed of whom you vote for with the best information of the time. Think back. Nixon committed illegal crimes of conspiracy against the democrat national headquarters at the Watergate, in the run-up to his election, then tried to cover it up and got caught, forcing him to resign in national/international disgrace. He was corrupt, as was his Vice President Spiro Agnew, who also resigned in disgrace facing criminal prosecution. On Dick's way out the door, he appointed Gerald Ford VP, who became president, with Nixon's resignation and then pardoned Nixon. You had no choice, but to vote Carter over Ford, any more than I did, and you know it. A majority of Americans made the same decision. He was certainly no superstar, but at least he was honest, and the majority of his problems came from inflation, flamed by the oil embargo of OPEC. He came to office planning to clean up Washington, which garnered no friends there on either side. He met with circumstance and didn't handle it well. The man couldn't get lucky in a two dollar whore house, and that was what most people thought Washington was at the time. We weren't wrong about Washington, you know? Look at it today.

Last edited:
Don't be stupid or ashamed of whom you vote for with the best information of the time. Think back. Nixon committed illegal crimes of conspiracy against the democrat national headquartes at the Watergate, in the run-up to his election, then tried to cover it up and got caught, forcing him to resign in national/international disgrace. He was corrupt, as was his Vice President Spiro Agnew, who also resigned in disgrace facing criminal prosecution. On Dick's way out the door, he appointed Gerald Ford VP, who became president, with Nixon's resignation and then pardoned Nixon. You had no choice, but to vote Carter over Ford, any more than I did, and you know it. A majority of Americans made the same decision. He was certainly no superstar, but at least he was honest, and the majority of his problems came from inflation, flamed by the oil embargo of OPEC. He came to office planning to clean up Washington, which garnered no friends there on either side. He met with circumstance and didn't handle it well. The man couldn't get luck in a two dollar whore house, and that was what most people thought Washington was at the time. We weren't wrong about Washington, you know? Look at it today.
If you listened to Carter he may have made a comment or two that cringed, but he was not stupid and was articulate. He managed us like we were in good times. And we were not. He did not come through on issues and it hurt him.

If you listened to Carter he may have made a comment or two that cringed, but he was not stupid and was articulate. He managed us like we were in good times. And we were not. He did not come through on issues and it hurt him.
Hey, don't get me wrong. I like and respect Jimmy Carter, the man, but he was extremely unlucky in time and circumstance. I still liked him for the man he is and was in 1980, but in 1980 had to change course and went Reagan. Turned out Reagan not only knew how to bluff, but occasionally could fill an inside straight. Very lucky in time and timing.

It's humorous, and sad, that people come on here and bleat and wail about how bad Jimmy Carter was for one term, and yet they think Trump was absolutely outstanding for his one term.

Of course, much of the reason for this is Republican messaging, which as abhorrent as it is, is also very effective, and always has been. Republicans are experts at shaping the opinions of their poorly educated and very gullible base.

It's humorous, and sad, that people come on here and bleat and wail about how bad Jimmy Carter was for one term, and yet they think Trump was absolutely outstanding for his one term.

Of course, much of the reason for this is Republican messaging, which as abhorrent as it is, is also very effective, and always has been. Republicans are experts at shaping the opinions of their poorly educated and very gullible base.
Really? Tell me, if a man cuts off his schmeckel and cahones, takes hormones and puts on makeup is he really a woman?

Hey, don't get me wrong. I like and respect Jimmy Carter, the man, but he was extremely unlucky in time and circumstance. I still liked him for the man he is and was in 1980, but in 1980 had to change course and went Reagan. Turned out Reagan not only knew how to bluff, but occasionally could fill an inside straight. Very lucky in time and timing.

Nah, Carter was sabotaged.
He was going to make CA start paying for all that water that was subsidized, and the crooks freaked out on him.
Operation Eagle Talon was not his fault either.
Nor were the high oil prices.

if you take away the last year of Trumps term (because anyone with any intellectual honesty at al has to admit he had ZERO control over the release of that virus and the resulting liberal shutdown of jobs and cities) there is absolutely NO COMPARISON of the two Presidents. Trumps American absolutely CRUSHES Carters America in every single way and by every single measure.

put down the crack pipe.

healthmyths Like you I naively voted for Carter and watched him fumble his way through a one term disaster. Biden is WAY WORSE than Carter. Jimmy Carter was a man of impeccable integrity. Biden has no integrity whatsoever. Carter was also a true American. Biden is selling America out to the highest bidders.
Amen to that. And I think that at 97 years old, Carter is still more cognitive than Biden. He's certainly smarter but that isn't saying much.

if you take away the last year of Trumps term (because anyone with any intellectual honesty at al has to admit he had ZERO control over the release of that virus and the resulting liberal shutdown of jobs and cities) there is absolutely NO COMPARISON of the two Presidents. Trumps American absolutely CRUSHES Carters America in every single way and by every single measure.

put down the crack pipe.

Nah.
Presidents have almost no ability to affect anything.
Congress does it all, not presidents.
The Iranian embassy hostage situation was not of Carter's making, nor were the high oil prices.

Although I do not mind most of what Trump did, he clearly screwed up the SCOTUS, or even we would not have states violating individual Roe V Wade rights.

He was going to make CA start paying for all that water that was subsidized, and the crooks freaked out on him.
:thankusmile:

And that's kinda what happened with Trump calling out the globalist China-loving sluts. They freaked out on him too.

Compared to all the asswipe presidents from Reagan all the way up to Obama,i long fir the carter years,he did not start any wars unlike them.
Evidently you weren't an adult during Carter's time as I was!
First of all I VOTED for Carter because I thought he was a smart (Annapolis and nuclear sub experience) person.
But I lived through his destructive 4 years.
You obviously never heard of the "Misery Index"
FACTS:
The misery index is meant to measure the degree of economic distress felt by everyday people, due to the risk of (or actual) joblessness combined with an increasing cost of living. The misery index is calculated by adding the unemployment rate to the inflation rate. Misery Index Definition
Carter has had the highest misery index at 19.72% in 1980 --- Unemployment-- 7.20% Consumer Price Index (CPI) - 12.50%
Reagan got Carter's unemployment/CP in 1981 with Unemployment- 8.50% Consumer Price Index (CPI) 8.90%
At the end of 1988 the Misery index was 9.70% consisting of--- Unemployment- 5.30% & Consumer Price Index (CPI) -4.40%
Nearly half of what it was after Carter.
FACTS.. not lies.
Deal with FACTS not guesses!
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 9.06.14 AM.png

Last edited:

‘a zero price tag’,​

Rule one.
There hasn't been a president as intelligent as Carter since JFK. "They" cured JFK.
Carter was the best person ever elected president. You had a chance with Ross Perot. As usual the flagwashing got rid of that.
You may have stood a chance with Ron Paul...Dunno.They may have just killed him quickly.
Carter was a complete pResidencial failure due to having morals. Morals dont work when Satan is the real boss.

Forum List

Back