I think I figured it out. the real problem of this world is the wealth gap.

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands

And the easy conversion of salt water to fresh water problem, which is *easy* to fix. But the richest 10% of the world's populations fear the poorer ones, so they rather see the poor die in large numbers every 50 to 80 years. It's been this way since the time Noah, Jesus, Mohammed and Moses, or even since the times of the Neanderthals vs the modern humans :(

Fixing that salt water to fresh water problem is done I think via the filtering of pumped up salt water through sand, sand which then later can be turned into soil for farming (the very 'green' Dutch Dune sea coastline was made this way {over decades or a couple of centuries} and this process can be repeated even on the shores of the Sahara and countries like Iran or Iraq, with different plants than were used in The. Netherlands) or glass or something (we humans do love to work and play with fire sometimes. well, some of us do. we all like different types of activities in our lives of course).

written on an Android smartphone, an Android One by Nokia.

and then posted to usmessageboard using my 'famous linux laptop', Magpie-at-nicer-dot-app ;)

No it is not. The problem is, we used to say, "I'd like a car just like Larry's." Now we say, "I want Larry's car."
No, no, just give redistribute wealth and everything will be just fine, in fact, history if full of such success stories

I think he might be on to something here.........

:auiqs.jpg:

The religion of the Left is depopulation to save mother earth, which includes destroying wealth.

It is a materialistic ideology that views humans as glorified apes, ripe to be herded around and slaughtered like cattle, but all for the greater good of environmental utopia.

Here is one of their temples

Last edited:
I've never looked a person who has less than I do, and thought... " that's the problem with the world, right there"...

And the easy conversion of salt water to fresh water problem, which is *easy* to fix. But the richest 10% of the world's populations fear the poorer ones, so they rather see the poor die in large numbers every 50 to 80 years. It's been this way since the time Noah, Jesus, Mohammed and Moses, or even since the times of the Neanderthals vs the modern humans :(

Fixing that salt water to fresh water problem is done I think via the filtering of pumped up salt water through sand, sand which then later can be turned into soil for farming (the very 'green' Dutch Dune sea coastline was made this way {over decades or a couple of centuries} and this process can be repeated even on the shores of the Sahara and countries like Iran or Iraq, with different plants than were used in The. Netherlands) or glass or something (we humans do love to work and play with fire sometimes. well, some of us do. we all like different types of activities in our lives of course).

and then posted to usmessageboard using my 'famous linux laptop', Magpie-at-nicer-dot-app ;)

you can't remove salt from water by filtering through sand. The only two viable processes are distillation and reverse osmosis filtering, both of which are very energy intensive.

$24 Trillion was spent so far on LBJ's War on Poverty.

It made Zero Difference, and is interestingly the same amount The US is in Financial Debt for.

you can't remove salt from water by filtering through sand. The only two viable processes are distillation and reverse osmosis filtering, both of which are very energy intensive.
Distillation can be economical if solar heat is incorporated into the system. Also, such methods become very 'economical' if your life depends on it.

Distillation can be economical if solar heat is incorporated into the system. Also, such methods become very 'economical' if your life depends on it.

Mass scale desalination as required currently in CA is never cheap. Plus you run into the issue of the concentrated brine. It can be diluted by a long run discharge manifold, but even then the environmentalists raise a stink.

Any by solar heat, are you talking about covered drying beds, or directed mirror heating?

No, no, just give redistribute wealth and everything will be just fine, in fact, history if full of such success stories

I think he might be on to something here.........

:auiqs.jpg:
The opportunities to build wealth are aplenty here. No need to give people other people's money.

Climate change is nothing more than taking our money and redistributing it to countries that can pollute at will...

WE distribute the world's wealth, in reality, through climate policy. Climate change has nothing to do with the environment.
^
That is right out of the mouth of the UN rep that steals our money and hands it out like candy to China and anyone else that wants some.

How is that working out? Are we all equal now? Is the environment safe after 20+ years of draining us dry?
1658938601753.png

Mass scale desalination as required currently in CA is never cheap. Plus you run into the issue of the concentrated brine. It can be diluted by a long run discharge manifold, but even then the environmentalists raise a stink.

Any by solar heat, are you talking about covered drying beds, or directed mirror heating?
First things first. What is the cost of not irrigating food crops. That will reveal the value of purifying the water. A cost/benefit analysis will determine how to proceed. Other technical issues can be resolved as they come up.

Regarding using solar heat: preheating the incoming seawater by passing it through black pipes might be worth looking at. You could conceivably raise the temp to near boiling on a good day.

First things first. What is the cost of not irrigating food crops. That will reveal the value of purifying the water. A cost/benefit analysis will determine how to proceed. Other technical issues can be resolved as they come up.

Regarding using solar heat: preheating the incoming seawater by passing it through black pipes might be worth looking at. You could conceivably raise the temp to near boiling on a good day.

Does the additional pumping needed impact this? How long of a run to get to near boiling?

Just an FYI you are discussing with a ChemE here, so I've worked on distillation and RO systems.

And the easy conversion of salt water to fresh water problem, which is *easy* to fix.
No, desalinization is not "easy". It requires a massive amount of electricity, which is very expensive. Especially since our electrical grid is already at the breaking point.

A lot of so-called 'problems' exist because those proclaiming them have no experience with them.

A friend and I cut, raked, baled, and stored a large field of hay one weekend on his in-law's recreational farm. The owner came out to check our progress, arriving as we finished storing it into the barn. He was in disbelief that we two could have done that much work in such a short time. He had virtually no experience with physical work.

For anyone who is interested, Saudi Arabia is investing in a fascinating project for a city called Neom which is supposed to be self-sustaining.

They have already wasted an ungodly amount of money on the project, but the concepts are really interesting.

Forum List

Back