I Never Figured Out 'HOW' They Know, But They Know.

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
I seen this identical concentrated stare on our does faces for two seasons when they were looking for a secure place to throw their fawn(s). Incredibly this home owner RECOGNISED this doe as the fawn that was thrown in his backyard 2 years prior. More amazingly the fawn turned adult doe that is now getting ready to throw her own fawn OBVIOUSLY recognizes the home owner(even thru a closed window!). She is casing him out closely but senses him for who she REMEMBERED HIM to be from her memory as a FAWN!!! I am eye locked directly INTO this doe's dark blue colored pupils @ 0:42 into the vid & it gives me chills, like makes me feel like it's spring 1967/68 again down in Redland Oregon.

It's again OBVIOUS that the doe was content to leave her little Baboo with her former baby sitter, as she cased him out one more time then jumped the gate with her lil Baboo left right in plain sight of the home owner. There were times in Redland Oregon that I felt like the members of our herd could look right through me, or probably better said they could look into my mind/being. What I have been telling unbelieving folks for decades about deer we now are finally seeing it right before our eyes in the below vid. The words I used in this post's header just deepens the mystery: "I Never Figured Out How They Know, But They Know."

I've had generations of deer raised in my back yard and yeah, they remember from one generation to the next that it's a safe place.

Even the bucks remember long after they have grown and went off on their own when they pass through from time to time.

The old resident doe has dropped two bucks each of the last two Springs....She will run them off about a month before she gives birth again.

I seen this identical concentrated stare on our does faces for two seasons when they were looking for a secure place to throw their fawn(s). Incredibly this home owner RECOGNISED this doe as the fawn that was thrown in his backyard 2 years prior. More amazingly the fawn turned adult doe that is now getting ready to throw her own fawn OBVIOUSLY recognizes the home owner(even thru a closed window!). She is casing him out closely but senses him for who she REMEMBERED HIM to be from her memory as a FAWN!!! I am eye locked directly INTO this doe's dark blue colored pupils @ 0:42 into the vid & it gives me chills, like makes me feel like it's spring 1967/68 again down in Redland Oregon.

It's again OBVIOUS that the doe was content to leave her little Baboo with her former baby sitter, as she cased him out one more time then jumped the gate with her lil Baboo left right in plain sight of the home owner. There were times in Redland Oregon that I felt like the members of our herd could look right through me, or probably better said they could look into my mind/being. What I have been telling unbelieving folks for decades about deer we now are finally seeing it right before our eyes in the below vid. The words I used in this post's header just deepens the mystery: "I Never Figured Out How They Know, But They Know."

seems to be evolving as a child care system . felines seem to be evolving the same way.

i am not friends with deer, but have often ben pleasantly surprised at the intelligence and creativity of cats and dogs among others.

Just depends on the history. I had a doe who would follow me around, sometimes getting too close because I had been feeding the deer. I could recognize her out of a several deer because of a dark spot in her fur and the way she held her head (she would always lower her head when she saw me). Not sure what happened to her but don't think she was shot as she stopped showing up more toward spring. Assume she just moved onto new territory or got chased away. The grove up behind my field is a popular fawn raising area.

I've had generations of deer raised in my back yard and yeah, they remember from one generation to the next that it's a safe place.

Even the bucks remember long after they have grown and went off on their own when they pass through from time to time.

The old resident doe has dropped two bucks each of the last two Springs....She will run them off about a month before she gives birth again.
Yeah, our does ran their buck fawns/turned/ing into spikes out of the herd. The does are obviously not interested in engaging in incestuous relationships with their offspring for sure.

Forum List

Back