I just had a epiphany about paying for public schools

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
It used to be that having quality educated children made for a strong healthy economy and you benefitted from that.

Now that's all gone so it doesn't seem to make sense to keep paying for public schools.....But it just seems that way.

For me it's worth it to keep feral children occupied most of the year.....We gladly pay for prisons to keep the unwanted off the streets and let's face it, schools are little more than Level 1 prisons anyway so we may as well turn it into a win. ;)

Indeed, we need to be pressing for year-round school due to the fact we don't allow kids to work anymore. Idle hands is the devil's workshop....I mean who knows, they might even learn to read and cypher a bit. ;)

Such a ridiculous rant. Let us start with your title.

How about, "I just had AN epiphany.." You are going to complain about schools and start with grammar errors?

Feral children, what a vulgar comment. I myself have never ever seen a child close to being, "feral". I think this reflects more upon yourself than any child.

Prisons are to keep the unwanted off the streets? Obviously, reading your comments, you consider children animals that should be in prison? Obviously we can not have feral children, on the streets.

Yes, they may learn to read and cypher a bit, and maybe they can teach you the difference between, "A" or "AN".

I'm a huge fan of the voucher system. Let parents choose the school that they feel is best for their kids.
You're a huge fan because you are clueless to the logistics involved.
A school can only hold so many students and staff.

If 500+ surrounding out of district students want to take their voucher to School X, then explain the logistics. Everything from bussing, space, staff, over-crowding, who gets chosen, who gets the boot.

You're a huge fan because you are clueless to the logistics involved.
A school can only hold so many students and staff.

If 500+ surrounding out of district students want to take their voucher to School X, then explain the logistics. Everything from bussing, space, staff, over-crowding, who gets chosen, who gets the boot.
It is possible logistically. Of course, the first thing we'd see is the public schools shrinking exponentially. Small, private schools would begin to pop up. Decent teachers from the public sector would jump at the opportunity to leave the Union led crap hole that many public schools have become. They'd love the opportunity to actually focus on necessary training instead of CRT, BLM, LGBTQ and other distractions.

At first, the parents may have to shell out some extra dough for transportation, but that could be short-lived as the private schools and the parents can work out those details. Many parents already drive their own kids to school. I'm sure many would be willing to help their neighbors out with transportation.

Bottom line: If parents truly care about their kids, they will find a way to remove them from the indoctrination centers.

I'm a huge fan of the voucher system. Let parents choose the school that they feel is best for their kids. This would promote healthy competition and force the low performing schools to step up their game or go out of business.
Food stamps for gubmint schools.

The problem is the administration and curricula, not how to shuffle the stolen loot around.

It is possible logistically. Of course, the first thing we'd see is the public schools shrinking exponentially. Small, private schools would begin to pop up. Decent teachers from the public sector would jump at the opportunity to leave the Union led crap hole that many public schools have become. They'd love the opportunity to actually focus on necessary training instead of CRT, BLM, LGBTQ and other distractions.

At first, the parents may have to shell out some extra dough for transportation, but that could be short-lived as the private schools and the parents can work out those details. Many parents already drive their own kids to school. I'm sure many would be willing to help their neighbors out with transportation.

Bottom line: If parents truly care about their kids, they will find a way to remove them from the indoctrination centers.

None of that is simple or practical, and would likely to be illegal in several respects.

I'm a huge fan of the voucher system. Let parents choose the school that they feel is best for their kids. This would promote healthy competition and force the low performing schools to step up their game or go out of business.
I'm against tbe voucher system. People choose to live in nice communities in no small part because of the good schools in those communities; and the subsequent quality of both students, and teachers. They also pay the higher property taxes that make this possible. Why would a nice well to do community like Mountain Brook want their nice, well performing schools inundated by raucous, vacuous, criminal minded, low performing students from some shithole like Ensley? They wouldnt...

I'm against tbe voucher system. People choose to live in nice communities in no small part because of the good schools in those communities; and the subsequent quality of both students, and teachers. They also pay the higher property taxes that make this possible. Why would a nice well to community like Mountain Brook want their nice, well performing schools inundated by raucous, vacuous, criminal minded, low performing students from some shithole like Ensley? They wouldnt...
In areas not effected by the woke mob, the locals could opt for keeping things status quo. But for the victims of "blue city" agendas, vouchers are about the only alternative to homeschooling or public indoctrination mills.

Just a note of reality.

Some think that vouchers mean that parents get to choose the schools. That is incorrect, in reality it means that schools get to choose the students.

Unless you support the idea that any parent showing up with a voucher much be admitted to whatever school where they present the voucher.

Is that what we are talking about hear, government forcing private schools to accept all students if they have a voucher?

WW

You simply don't want parents and kids to have an alternative to the public fool system forcing its woke agenda upon innocent minds.
See ^^^^ you are clueless.
You have no idea who or what I am, yet you paint me with the 'woke' brush you think exists.

Yes, some Cops are Bad
Yes, some Clergy are Bad
Yes, some teachers are Bad

So fuck off with you telling me what I am.
I teach public school, and the public school puts out many quality students that compete on an even level with rich children being send to private schools.
Public schools have to deal with the less fortunate.
In your view, giving those kids vouchers would just pollute your precious private school, then you'd have something else to bitch about.

Just a note of reality.

Some think that vouchers mean that parents get to choose the schools. That is incorrect, in reality it means that schools get to choose the students.

Unless you support the idea that any parent showing up with a voucher much be admitted to whatever school where they present the voucher.

Is that what we are talking about hear, government forcing private schools to accept all students if they have a voucher?

WW
I agree that the schools and the parents should mesh. If I ran a private school, I would NOT want some inner city thug with a record of bullying causing issues. So I think it's a two-way street. Parents pick a handful of schools that are acceptable to them, while the schools take in students who are levelheaded and serious about learning basic academics.

Just a note of reality.

WW
I believe that is what AJ believes.
He's clueless.

See ^^^^ you are clueless.
You have no idea who or what I am, yet you paint me with the 'woke' brush you think exists.

Yes, some Cops are Bad
Yes, some Clergy are Bad
Yes, some teachers are Bad

So fuck off with you telling me what I am.
I teach public school, and the public school puts out many quality students that compete on an even level with rich children being send to private schools.
Public schools have to deal with the less fortunate.
In your view, giving those kids vouchers would just pollute your precious private school, then you'd have something else to bitch about.
I don't care who or what you are. I care about the future of America's kids.

You actually didn't back up what you said at all, faker.

Schools don't just pop up overnight. There is so much more to it than you have even bothered to consider.

"Some parents may have to pay more for transportation." Guess what? Some parents CAN'T. So you're left with "school choice" for everyone but the poor. Illegal.

"Just catch a ride with a neighbor!" If you bothered to consider this one for even a second you would likely see several problems with such simplistic sloganeering for yourself.

I'm all for ANYTHING that is in the best interests of students, but don't burp up bumper stickers then pretend you have given the matter any thought at all.

Forum List

Back