What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope Trump doesn't try that trickle down crap

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Reaction score
Obama did less spending than Reagan and the economy under Obama was much better, so a return to Reaganomics will kill the economy.

Kat

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The economy sucks. My gosh.

Rshermr

VIP Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

The economy does not suck. Unemployment is WAY down. Corporate profits are WAY up. The trade deficit is way down. Petroleum imports are way down. US Oil production is way up. S&P shows stocks have more than doubled under Obama, as has the S&P Index.
Obama’s Numbers July 2016 Update
So, why do you think the economy sucks?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The economy does not suck. ?

"Despite major increases in productivity, the median male worker in America today is making $726 dollars less than he did in 1973, while the median female worker is making $1,154 less than she did in 2007, after adjusting for inflation."- Bernie Sanders

“The problem is, 80% of the American people are still living on what they were living on the day before the [2008 finnan*cial] crash. And about half the American people, after you adjust for inflation, are living on what they were living on the last day I was president 15 years ago. So that’s what’s the matter.” -Bill Clinton

Rshermr

VIP Member
Reaction score

The economy does not suck. Unemployment is WAY down. Corporate profits are WAY up. The trade deficit is way down. Petroleum imports are way down. US Oil production is way up. S&P shows stocks have more than doubled under Obama, as has the S&P Index.
[/QUOTE]
Looks like the cat has Kats tongue.

R

rdean

The economy does not suck. ?

"Despite major increases in productivity, the median male worker in America today is making $726 dollars less than he did in 1973, while the median female worker is making $1,154 less than she did in 2007, after adjusting for inflation."- Bernie Sanders

“The problem is, 80% of the American people are still living on what they were living on the day before the [2008 finnan*cial] crash. And about half the American people, after you adjust for inflation, are living on what they were living on the last day I was president 15 years ago. So that’s what’s the matter.” -Bill Clinton
Census Bureau: Poverty Rate Down, Median Incomes Up

Kat

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks like the cat has Kats tongue.[/QUOTE]

Why does the cat have my tongue? I just saw this for the first time..this minute. I was merely going on the fact of so many people struggling to make ends meet. That is why I said it sucked. :dunno:

AnCap'n_Murica

Gold Member
Reaction score
"I hope Trump doesn't try that trickle down crap"

It would probably be better than the trickled on economics we've been suffering for the last decade or more.

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obama did less spending than Reagan and the economy under Obama was much better, so a return to Reaganomics will kill the economy.

so you want less and less spending and taxing understanding that when you strip assets from the private sector you cripple the private sector???

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Trickle down? Isnt that basically what Obama did with his corporatism?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Reaction score
trickle down is when Jobs invents the iphone and it trickles down to 100 million Americans, trickle down is when welfare trickles down to further cripple people.

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Reaction score

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. Trump opposes a free market.

Unless he can profit from it.

Trump would work to put more in the pockets of the 1%. That's why RWNJs love him - he would screw over the little guy.

shipping 30 million illegals home would open up 30 million new jobs for American little guys with huge upward pressure on wages. 1+1=2

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Trump Wins, And The Dow Tanks

Dow futures initially fell as much as 800 points in after-hours trading, but had recovered more than half of those losses by Wednesday morning as dawn began to break on the east coast of the United States.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq index futures both triggered their circuit breakers and were halted after hitting their limit down after news of Trump’s win began to spread.

It was an outcome that few saw coming. Nearly all pundits and pollsters predicted a Clinton win, many of them by a substantial margin. But in the end, Trump was able to galvanize the support of a huge group of disenfranchised U.S. workers and retirees that have largely been passed over by the economic recovery since the financial crisis of 2008-2009.

What the markets are saying

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score

That is what he is going to do. Don't forget his family members all have money and all his buddies.

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Reaction score
trickle down is when Jobs invents the iphone and it trickles down to 100 million Americans, trickle down is when welfare trickles down to further cripple people.

Wrong, just puts more money in the elites pockets.

So Henry Ford and Steve Jobs making $trillions in car wealth and phone wealth trickle down is not a good thing? You mean really because the wealth floods down rather than trickles?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Wrong, just puts more money in the elites pockets.

So Henry Ford and Steve Jobs making $trillions in car wealth and phone wealth trickle down is not a good thing? You mean really because the wealth floods down rather than trickles?

Not today. Why are you going to realize we are not an industrial nation like we use to be. We have 4X's the pop than we did in 1900. Henry Ford, slave labor, and Steve Jobs died rich. A billionaire, a multi billionaire. Yes it put many to work, but the dot com boom has also come and gone. Now we have automation and AI taking our jobs.

No one wants the wealthy food scraps.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List