I have decided who I will support in November

The election is a binary choice and probaly always will be in this country.

Yours is a protest vote .. no problem with that, I often cast protest votes myself .. but I also recognize that's all it is. A protest. It accomplishes nothing outside of my head.
If enough people vote for anyone but the fraudulent sicko pervert and the enabling ambitious wife, it would send a loud message to both parties to get their fucking shit together.

But the herd is too cowardly, and invariably stupid enough to drink the "lesser of two evils" Kool Aid the major parties give them.

I like you good brother .. like your posts .. but I think you're giving the American people far too much credit. What you suggest is never going to happen .. AND, what about the plethora of people who don't vote at all. What have they gained?

I'm a Green, but the Green Party isn't a real party. They believe in building a party from the top down .. which is never going to happen.

Libertarians don't know what the hell they're doing, and their nominee is on the verge of quitting.

Whether we lie it or not, the two-party system is all we're going to get .. and quite frankly, it's all we deserve as a colonized people.

The general election is too late to make a difference, I agree. I have said many, many times on this forum that the time to make a difference is during the primaries.

Crazy people have a lot of energy. They turn out in disproportionate numbers in the primaries, while the complacent sane people have extremely low turnouts.

If you don't like the two choices we have in the general, and you didn't vote in the primaries, guess whose fault it is we have two pieces of real shit on the ballot?

Nearly 3/4 of Americans stayed home during the primaries.

So take a good look in the mirror, America. Just like with every other problem we face, it is YOUR fault. Not the Mexicans. Not the Muslims. Not the extraterrestrial Jews. Not the gun toting yahoos. Not the homos. Not the homophobes. Not the media.

YOU. YOUR fault.

Yours is a protest vote .. no problem with that, I often cast protest votes myself .. but I also recognize that's all it is. A protest. It accomplishes nothing outside of my head.
It's only a binary choice because WE ARE SUCKERED INTO BELIEVING that it is. In the age of social media that myth could be easily disproven if enough people put it to the test on election day
The problem with what you're saying is that 45% or so of the country will not do that, they will vote Democrat. All you would accomplish is to get Democrats elected. But you'll still be making your statement, even though no one will ever notice it but you.
There are plenty of Democrats dissatisfied with Hillary. The choices for them are no more binary than they are for the rest of us. How else will we ever break the stranglehold of entrenched politicians?
There aren't enough disgruntled Democrats to make a difference. Most of them are happy to be receiving a monthly check and will always play it safe.
Well, we know Trump is a happy 47 percenter Democrat, that's for sure.
yes, and all those nobodies that haven't qualified for a spot on the ballot are all some former party member. only Trump is not affiliated with a party. The only one.

Evan McMullin for President

He is actually tied for first in Utah in the polls and more closely aligns with what I believe despite his religious views.
A vote for Trump will change very little because even if by some miracle he won the GOP hates him near as much as the left. Voting for Trump to merely send a message can also be accomplished by voting for McMullin and you don't have to violate your own sense of dignity or principles to do it.
Worst case scenario is if he won enough states the election would goto the House.

Consider your options. The election is not a binary choice as some would have you believe. This is my choice and will result in no regrets afterwards
In other words, you want to help Trump win. Why not be honest and just vote for Trump?
He will.

It's only a binary choice because WE ARE SUCKERED INTO BELIEVING that it is.
Bingo. No one's individual vote is more powerful or influential than yours just because they obediently voted for a party.

2016 was a badly wasted opportunity. A more serious candidate than Johnson might have gotten enough support to make it into the debates, and that has to be the first step in ending this insane duopoly.

People (not just Americans) can be sheep who are easily fooled into thinking their options are limited.

We'll keep bending over for the duopoly unless and until a better alternative candidate emerges.
Trump is a third party candidate. let's call a duck a duck.
Yep, he sure is. He just stole a major party's infrastructure.
and 40% of their supporters. At least 40% of the population understands that the two parties suck in a big way. Even Bernie Supporters the 30% there were working hard, they fell short. The thing that hurts Bernie now is that he now backs hitlery. wow, they were 180 degrees apart and he squirmed back under the party like a bad boy is supposed to I guess. Party party party, i'm done with mine, the GOP. they can take a hike. I have zero respect for them and their candidates that don't support Trump.

Yes, we should absolutely. But putting a despotic, sociopathic voyeuristic, sex-obsessed misogynist in the White House is not the way to go.

I agree with that as well .. which is why I'm voting for Clinton although I'm not a democrat.

I had the luxury of not voting for Obama .. and I didn't either time he ran. He's a corporatist and I don't vote for corporatists. However, had he been running against Donald Trump, I would have voted for Obama.

Voting 3rd party is a luxury, that we sometimes don't have.
I'm done voting for politicians. Period. they are do nothings, and only get in office and tune out the public. Obummer, Bush, all of em. they are useless. Trump can make a difference, he can, and I am voting for him for that reason and that reason alone. I don't want more politicians in the white-house.

No, he can't, it is the system itself, that's the problem.
no, no it's not. it's called grassroots and it will splinter off.

Never worked before, got ye here.
it's my first protest vote. I protest both parties.

Forum List

Back