I have decided who I will support in November

The election is a binary choice and probaly always will be in this country.
It's only a binary choice because WE ARE SUCKERED INTO BELIEVING that it is.
Bingo. No one's individual vote is more powerful or influential than yours just because they obediently voted for a party.

2016 was a badly wasted opportunity. A more serious candidate than Johnson might have gotten enough support to make it into the debates, and that has to be the first step in ending this insane duopoly.

People (not just Americans) can be sheep who are easily fooled into thinking their options are limited.

We'll keep bending over for the duopoly unless and until a better alternative candidate emerges.

Yours is a protest vote .. no problem with that, I often cast protest votes myself .. but I also recognize that's all it is. A protest. It accomplishes nothing outside of my head.

Not my way to protest personally, but we should all be protesting this power structure and politcal system in some manner.

Yes, we should absolutely. But putting a despotic, sociopathic voyeuristic, sex-obsessed misogynist in the White House is not the way to go.

I agree with that as well .. which is why I'm voting for Clinton although I'm not a democrat.

I had the luxury of not voting for Obama .. and I didn't either time he ran. He's a corporatist and I don't vote for corporatists. However, had he been running against Donald Trump, I would have voted for Obama.

Voting 3rd party is a luxury, that we sometimes don't have.
I'm done voting for politicians. Period. they are do nothings, and only get in office and tune out the public. Obummer, Bush, all of em. they are useless. Trump can make a difference, he can, and I am voting for him for that reason and that reason alone. I don't want more politicians in the white-house.

No, he can't, it is the system itself, that's the problem.
no, no it's not. it's called grassroots and it will splinter off.

almost every Trump event, he brings his supporters up on stage with him. he is truly acting like he is for the people. anyone who can't see that are just blinded by hate. Clinton won't go near anyone, been that way since the primaries. How can you call yourself for something when you don't include them in your routines. wow.

Who needs to touch them?

They are politicians, not rock stars or celebrities.

Clinton is an actual politician, Trump is just pretending to be one..
he let's them speak, shows he's sensitive to their concerns, socializes down on the ground with them, not from an ivory tower preaching at them. I'm so done with the preaching of politicians, i'm an individual and wish to be treated as such. He does that.

People would still buy their stuff, you couldn't get a computer or a TV otherwise, and they'll pull their funds. A terrible idea which is why you love it of course.

For a month or two...and then the electronics industries the slopes stole from us by selling below cost, would RACE back home to their shuttered facilities and they'd be American-made again. You're just terrified of being a little inconvenienced for awhile.....no guts, no America....we're losing her by the hour.

Bingo. No one's individual vote is more powerful or influential than yours just because they obediently voted for a party.

2016 was a badly wasted opportunity. A more serious candidate than Johnson might have gotten enough support to make it into the debates, and that has to be the first step in ending this insane duopoly.

People (not just Americans) can be sheep who are easily fooled into thinking their options are limited.

We'll keep bending over for the duopoly unless and until a better alternative candidate emerges.
Trump is a third party candidate. let's call a duck a duck.

Not my way to protest personally, but we should all be protesting this power structure and politcal system in some manner.

Yes, we should absolutely. But putting a despotic, sociopathic voyeuristic, sex-obsessed misogynist in the White House is not the way to go.

I agree with that as well .. which is why I'm voting for Clinton although I'm not a democrat.

I had the luxury of not voting for Obama .. and I didn't either time he ran. He's a corporatist and I don't vote for corporatists. However, had he been running against Donald Trump, I would have voted for Obama.

I'm done voting for politicians. Period. they are do nothings, and only get in office and tune out the public. Obummer, Bush, all of em. they are useless. Trump can make a difference, he can, and I am voting for him for that reason and that reason alone. I don't want more politicians in the white-house.

No, he can't, it is the system itself, that's the problem.
no, no it's not. it's called grassroots and it will splinter off.

Never worked before, got ye here.

Yours is a protest vote .. no problem with that, I often cast protest votes myself .. but I also recognize that's all it is. A protest. It accomplishes nothing outside of my head.

.And what is he going to do if he was able to get elected? How would he govern when he doesn't have a clue how to govern?

If you think he can just tell elected officials what to do .. then you don't understand the system, don't understand the value of legislative experience.

He is the republican party's standard bearer / nominee.

Yep, he sure is. He just stole a major party's infrastructure.

apparently you have no idea who purchases our bonds and why ...

I know you have no idea why...it's because although you can't make jack shit on them, they have the USMC and 1st Cav behind them....not the kind of non-existent security you get with Goldman Sachs.

.And what is he going to do if he was able to get elected? How would he govern when he doesn't have a clue how to govern?

If you think he can just tell elected officials what to do .. then you don't understand the system, don't understand the value of legislative experience.

Or the lobbying game, or corporate power, or ALEC's bullshit, or the financial "service" sector's power, and on, and on.

If enough people vote for anyone but the fraudulent sicko pervert and the enabling ambitious wife, it would send a loud message to both parties to get their fucking shit together.

But the herd is too cowardly, and invariably stupid enough to drink the "lesser of two evils" Kool Aid the major parties give them.

If enough people vote for anyone but the fraudulent sicko pervert and the enabling ambitious wife, it would send a loud message to both parties to get their fucking shit together.

But the herd is too cowardly, and invariably stupid enough to drink the "lesser of two evils" Kool Aid the major parties give them.

Save it for after Trump is inaugurated...then you can convince yourself you'd rather be right than an American.

Evan McMullin for President

He is actually tied for first in Utah in the polls and more closely aligns with what I believe despite his religious views.
A vote for Trump will change very little because even if by some miracle he won the GOP hates him near as much as the left. Voting for Trump to merely send a message can also be accomplished by voting for McMullin and you don't have to violate your own sense of dignity or principles to do it.
Worst case scenario is if he won enough states the election would goto the House.

Consider your options. The election is not a binary choice as some would have you believe. This is my choice and will result in no regrets afterwards

Fair enough.

Save it for after Trump is inaugurated...then you can convince yourself you'd rather be right than an American.
Okay. I will save it for after Trump is inaugurated. You're talking about Ivanka or Junior, right? Because The Donald is going to have his balls kicked over the moon.

It's only a binary choice because WE ARE SUCKERED INTO BELIEVING that it is. In the age of social media that myth could be easily disproven if enough people put it to the test on election day
The problem with what you're saying is that 45% or so of the country will not do that, they will vote Democrat. All you would accomplish is to get Democrats elected. But you'll still be making your statement, even though no one will ever notice it but you.
There are plenty of Democrats dissatisfied with Hillary. The choices for them are no more binary than they are for the rest of us. How else will we ever break the stranglehold of entrenched politicians?
There aren't enough disgruntled Democrats to make a difference. Most of them are happy to be receiving a monthly check and will always play it safe.

It's only a binary choice because WE ARE SUCKERED INTO BELIEVING that it is. In the age of social media that myth could be easily disproven if enough people put it to the test on election day
The problem with what you're saying is that 45% or so of the country will not do that, they will vote Democrat. All you would accomplish is to get Democrats elected. But you'll still be making your statement, even though no one will ever notice it but you.
There are plenty of Democrats dissatisfied with Hillary. The choices for them are no more binary than they are for the rest of us. How else will we ever break the stranglehold of entrenched politicians?
There aren't enough disgruntled Democrats to make a difference. Most of them are happy to be receiving a monthly check and will always play it safe.
Well, we know Trump is a happy 47 percenter Democrat, that's for sure.

Imagine if no one showed up to vote. I know, but just imagine.

apparently you have no idea who purchases our bonds and why ...

I know you have no idea why...it's because although you can't make jack shit on them, they have the USMC and 1st Cav behind them....not the kind of non-existent security you get with Goldman Sachs.

dumbass ... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Evan McMullin for President

He is actually tied for first in Utah in the polls and more closely aligns with what I believe despite his religious views.
A vote for Trump will change very little because even if by some miracle he won the GOP hates him near as much as the left. Voting for Trump to merely send a message can also be accomplished by voting for McMullin and you don't have to violate your own sense of dignity or principles to do it.
Worst case scenario is if he won enough states the election would goto the House.

Consider your options. The election is not a binary choice as some would have you believe. This is my choice and will result in no regrets afterwards
I honestly wish Romney had run this time as an Independent.

Forum List

Back