I have a question for leftists. Besides having Democrats in control of everything...

Get government out of "education" if you dont like the cost
Government has ALWAYS been involved in education

it is what made America Great
Now we have kids who graduate who can't read, know nothing about geography or history, and all many can do is practice for and take a test.
Public School Education is the great equalizer in our society

It allows the richest kid in town to sit next to the poorest kid in town and receive the same education.
I agree everyone needs access to affordable education, but are you worried about its long history of mediocrity, and do you think it is ok to hold people back like cancelling higher math in Virginia? What if people want to create institutions that teach advanced things beyond government boundaries? Will we keep people down to be fair?
I don’t think we keep our best students down. They will always find a way to succeed.
But Education is more than pandering to our finest students.
If we can turn an F student into a C student we are helping his chances to succeed in life
This post is so misguided it shows the stupidity of so many voters. Dude, you're a loser and you want people who succeed to dumb themselves down to your level. People like you are eliminating the honor roll from my kids school because the kids who didn't achieve it, their parents felt bad. Boooo hooo. People like you make me ill.
You know what?
The honor roll kids are going to be OK.

The kids who are struggling to get Cs do not deserve to be ignored just so your honor roll kid can get into a better school.

If you can take a failing student or struggling student and teach them the skills to succeed in life, it is just as important as getting your Honor Roll student into Harvard
Loser mentality. What does "Be OK" mean? You're saying my kids don't work hard and are gifted those grades? Maybe the student is failing due to poor study habits. How about giving them an incentive, which is the honor roll vs. saying its OK to be mediocre? You really are a fucking waste of space. Thankfully you're old.

Affordable as in you donot lose your house if you get sick.
Affordable as in you dont have to decide whether you pay for your life saving prescriptions or your electric bill.
Those are not definitions of "affordable" as they generalize things that are subjective.
I've been sick many times and never lost my house over it. So has everyone I know.
Do you think electricity should be free?
Damn...are you Stupid

We should have a society where people should not fear getting sick.
You get cancer or heart failure or MS you should not have to sell your house to pay for treatment.

Electricity is not free. But if you have to pay a thousand a month for a rare cancer drug, you should not have to choose between paying for your cancer medication and your other bills
Strawman....outstanding. We have the best healthcare in the world and you're bitching. I want free plumbing. Without it, I don't have water to shower or use the toilet. Is that not a right? You're a moron.

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.
I somewhat agree but when the scale gets too lopsided by profits gained by the wealthy then that can lead to another set of issues
The rich always get richer, but why is that a problem? The rich don’t get rich at the expense of the poor or the middle class like the politicians pretend they do
They don’t?? Well if the government did not deficit spending then what do you think would happen to the poor and middle class as the wealthy keep getting richer?
What does government spending have to do with it? How do the rich get richer off the poor or middle class? The answer is they don’t. You look at wealthy capitalists as exploiters, which isn’t the case.
Think of it as a game of monopoly... there is a reason why that game ends with one person owning everything.
Only in the real world one person doesn’t own everything. And capitalism has nothing to do with the simple board game of monopoly
One person doesn’t own everything in the real world syou are correct. But 10% of people own most things... the reason why they don’t own more and more and eventually everything is because they pay taxes and there is a government regulating the economy
If a government breaks up monopolies, why does it need to cap how successful people can be?
I dont think the government should cap how successful a business can be

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.
I somewhat agree but when the scale gets too lopsided by profits gained by the wealthy then that can lead to another set of issues
The rich always get richer, but why is that a problem? The rich don’t get rich at the expense of the poor or the middle class like the politicians pretend they do
They don’t?? Well if the government did not deficit spending then what do you think would happen to the poor and middle class as the wealthy keep getting richer?
What does government spending have to do with it? How do the rich get richer off the poor or middle class? The answer is they don’t. You look at wealthy capitalists as exploiters, which isn’t the case.
Think of it as a game of monopoly... there is a reason why that game ends with one person owning everything.
Only in the real world one person doesn’t own everything. And capitalism has nothing to do with the simple board game of monopoly
One person doesn’t own everything in the real world you are correct. But 10% of people own most things... the reason why they don’t own more and more and eventually everything is because they pay taxes and there is a government regulating the economy
What do you mean 10% own most things? That’s fundamentally not true. Yes billionaires own the majority of the wealth. They also happen to employ a lot of people, and provide goods and services to a lot of people. It’s not a zero sum game.
I mean the majority of wealth. And yes they employ a lot of people. And yes it is not a zero sum game. We are in agreement.

Wait so Donald Trump gets more benefits than I do from the military?
259 Military Crews Refueled at the Airport Closest to Trump ...

Trump's Turnberry resort has made nearly $200,000 from US military ... for the military crews that arrive in C-130 Hercules transport aircraft

Wait so Donald Trump gets more benefits than I do from the military?
259 Military Crews Refueled at the Airport Closest to Trump ...

Trump's Turnberry resort has made nearly $200,000 from US military ... for the military crews that arrive in C-130 Hercules transport aircraft
Trump donated his annual $400k salary to charity. Thoughts?

Now we have kids who graduate who can't read, know nothing about geography or history, and all many can do is practice for and take a test.

It allows the richest kid in town to sit next to the poorest kid in town and receive the same education.
I agree everyone needs access to affordable education, but are you worried about its long history of mediocrity, and do you think it is ok to hold people back like cancelling higher math in Virginia? What if people want to create institutions that teach advanced things beyond government boundaries? Will we keep people down to be fair?
I don’t think we keep our best students down. They will always find a way to succeed.
If we can turn an F student into a C student we are helping his chances to succeed in life
This post is so misguided it shows the stupidity of so many voters. Dude, you're a loser and you want people who succeed to dumb themselves down to your level. People like you are eliminating the honor roll from my kids school because the kids who didn't achieve it, their parents felt bad. Boooo hooo. People like you make me ill.
You know what?

The kids who are struggling to get Cs do not deserve to be ignored just so your honor roll kid can get into a better school.

If you can take a failing student or struggling student and teach them the skills to succeed in life, it is just as important as getting your Honor Roll student into Harvard
Loser mentality. What does "Be OK" mean? You're saying my kids don't work hard and are gifted those grades? Maybe the student is failing due to poor study habits. How about giving them an incentive, which is the honor roll vs. saying its OK to be mediocre? You really are a fucking waste of space. Thankfully you're old.
Your kids are going to be OK
They will get into a good school and succeed in life.

But to put our educational resources solely into helping them do better at the expense of struggling students is misguided.

Helping a kid who is destined to be a burden in society to become a functioning member of society is JUST as important as inflating the resume of your honor roll student.

You know what?

Your kids are going to be OK
They will get into a good school and succeed in life.

But to put our educational resources solely into helping them do better at the expense of struggling students is misguided.

Helping a kid who is destined to be a burden in society to become a functioning member of society is JUST as important as inflating the resume of your honor roll student.
Again, why do my kids do better? You're saying its on a whim? Bullshit. And why do certain kids struggle? Some kids also mature later. You are an idiot. You and your stupid Equity for all. Not how the world works. If my kid is in an accident I want the best doctor treating her. Someone who went to Harvard Med and I am taking her to the best hospital. Children's in Boston.

We want to take the best students and make them even better so that they can help us when we need them. Your idiocy is off the charts. Dude, you're stupid.

Affordable as in you donot lose your house if you get sick.
Affordable as in you dont have to decide whether you pay for your life saving prescriptions or your electric bill.
Those are not definitions of "affordable" as they generalize things that are subjective.
I've been sick many times and never lost my house over it. So has everyone I know.
Do you think electricity should be free?
Damn...are you Stupid

You get cancer or heart failure or MS you should not have to sell your house to pay for treatment.

Electricity is not free. But if you have to pay a thousand a month for a rare cancer drug, you should not have to choose between paying for your cancer medication and your other bills
Strawman....outstanding. We have the best healthcare in the world and you're bitching. I want free plumbing. Without it, I don't have water to shower or use the toilet. Is that not a right? You're a moron.
We have the best healthcare in the world if you can afford it.

Those who can’t must make life altering decisions. Other industrialized nations in the world don’t make you make that decision

Damn...are you Stupid
No, you're just projecting.
So no more masks or social distancing? We agree.

Why not? If you haven't got any other way to pay for the commodity of healthcare? You always have the choice to keep your house and go without, or find another way to pay. Why is your health issue now a bill for your neighbors? Did they smoke your cigarettes, eat your shitty diet, and/or force you to watch TV instead of exercise?
You said no one should have to choose between medicine and electricity, yet you don't want electricity to be free? You're terrible at thinking, kid.

The truth is, you clowns are the useful idiots of marxism.
You feel that someone else's money should be redistributed to you to cover your personal bills. Fuck off.

Trump donated his annual $400k salary to charity. Thoughts?
Trump's Trips To Mar-a-Lago Cost Taxpayers $3.4 Million ...
Feb 5, 2019 — According to the Washington Post, Trump has taken some 19 trips to Mar-a-Lago during his presidency so far. If the average cost of $3.4 million ...

Let's do the math. Trump donates $400K in return for $3 million in free travel.

It's sobering to come to these threads to see the selfishness that is the heart of the American dream on full display.

Oh well.

Forum List

Back