I have a question for leftists. Besides having Democrats in control of everything...

Get government out of "education" if you dont like the cost
Government has ALWAYS been involved in education

it is what made America Great
Now we have kids who graduate who can't read, know nothing about geography or history, and all many can do is practice for and take a test.
Public School Education is the great equalizer in our society

It allows the richest kid in town to sit next to the poorest kid in town and receive the same education.
I agree everyone needs access to affordable education, but are you worried about its long history of mediocrity, and do you think it is ok to hold people back like cancelling higher math in Virginia? What if people want to create institutions that teach advanced things beyond government boundaries? Will we keep people down to be fair?
I don’t think we keep our best students down. They will always find a way to succeed.
But Education is more than pandering to our finest students.
If we can turn an F student into a C student we are helping his chances to succeed in life
This post is so misguided it shows the stupidity of so many voters. Dude, you're a loser and you want people who succeed to dumb themselves down to your level. People like you are eliminating the honor roll from my kids school because the kids who didn't achieve it, their parents felt bad. Boooo hooo. People like you make me ill.
You know what?
The honor roll kids are going to be OK.

The kids who are struggling to get Cs do not deserve to be ignored just so your honor roll kid can get into a better school.

If you can take a failing student or struggling student and teach them the skills to succeed in life, it is just as important as getting your Honor Roll student into Harvard
Loser mentality. What does "Be OK" mean? You're saying my kids don't work hard and are gifted those grades? Maybe the student is failing due to poor study habits. How about giving them an incentive, which is the honor roll vs. saying its OK to be mediocre? You really are a fucking waste of space. Thankfully you're old.
Your kids are going to be OK
They will get into a good school and succeed in life.

But to put our educational resources solely into helping them do better at the expense of struggling students is misguided.

Helping a kid who is destined to be a burden in society to become a functioning member of society is JUST as important as inflating the resume of your honor roll student.
Again, why do my kids do better? You're saying its on a whim? Bullshit. And why do certain kids struggle? Some kids also mature later. You are an idiot. You and your stupid Equity for all. Not how the world works. If my kid is in an accident I want the best doctor treating her. Someone who went to Harvard Med and I am taking her to the best hospital. Children's in Boston.

We want to take the best students and make them even better so that they can help us when we need them. Your idiocy is off the charts. Dude, you're stupid.
I imagine you are a good parent and your kids do well in school.

But what about the kids from broken homes and have parents who do not give a shit?

Do we spend all of our educational resources on helping those who are already succeeding or help those who are in danger of falling through the cracks to become functioning members of society?
I volunteer nonstop to help those kids. We have outreach programs, we have travel sports where we pay for other kids uniforms. I not only help my kids I help many others along with my best friend and another coach, who shockingly is black. We call ourselves the Independence Day team. The best way to help is people like us not the loser Gov't.

Bezos makes billions because he built a company that provides a popular service and employs tens of thousands of people who have voluntarily agreed to perform a task for a set wage.
Or Bezos could share the fruits of his workers labor with his workers. If you take what Bezos made, he could give each employee a $50,000 bonus, and still make billions of dollars.
Why should he? He took the risk to build the business, he should reap the rewards.

Damn...are you Stupid
No, you're just projecting.
We should have a society where people should not fear getting sick.
So no more masks or social distancing? We agree.

You get cancer or heart failure or MS you should not have to sell your house to pay for treatment.
Why not? If you haven't got any other way to pay for the commodity of healthcare? You always have the choice to keep your house and go without, or find another way to pay. Why is your health issue now a bill for your neighbors? Did they smoke your cigarettes, eat your shitty diet, and/or force you to watch TV instead of exercise?
Electricity is not free. But if you have to pay a thousand a month for a rare cancer drug, you should not have to choose between paying for your cancer medication and your other bills
You said no one should have to choose between medicine and electricity, yet you don't want electricity to be free? You're terrible at thinking, kid.

The truth is, you clowns are the useful idiots of marxism.
You feel that someone else's money should be redistributed to you to cover your personal bills. Fuck off.
Damn...You are one sick Fuk

You want to punish those who dare to get sick

Yes. There is something called the National Honor Society. SAT scores are 1/4

SATs
Grades
Recommendations
Sports/Clubs
Interesting

The National Honor Society (NHS) is a nationwide organization for high school students in the United States and outlying territories, which consists of many chapters in high schools. Selection is based on four criteria: scholarship (academic achievement), leadership, service, and character. The National Honor Society requires some sort of service to the community, school, or other organizations.
Correct. And? What is your point? That is #4....sports/clubs....

Damn...are you Stupid

You get cancer or heart failure or MS you should not have to sell your house to pay for treatment.
Why not? If you haven't got any other way to pay for the commodity of healthcare? You always have the choice to keep your house and go without, or find another way to pay. Why is your health issue now a bill for your neighbors? Did they smoke your cigarettes, eat your shitty diet, and/or force you to watch TV instead of exercise?
Electricity is not free. But if you have to pay a thousand a month for a rare cancer drug, you should not have to choose between paying for your cancer medication and your other bills
You said no one should have to choose between medicine and electricity, yet you don't want electricity to be free? You're terrible at thinking, kid.

You feel that someone else's money should be redistributed to you to cover your personal bills. Fuck off.

How did you come to that conclusion? So someone who smokes and drinks all the time and gets sick, I should pay for them? LOL

Wait so Donald Trump gets more benefits than I do from the military?
259 Military Crews Refueled at the Airport Closest to Trump ...

Trump's Turnberry resort has made nearly $200,000 from US military ... for the military crews that arrive in C-130 Hercules transport aircraft
Trump donated his annual $400k salary to charity. Thoughts?
Trump's golfing cost was $141 million when all expenses included.
So is it $140mil or $340mil?

Affordable as in you donot lose your house if you get sick.
Affordable as in you dont have to decide whether you pay for your life saving prescriptions or your electric bill.
Those are not definitions of "affordable" as they generalize things that are subjective.
I've been sick many times and never lost my house over it. So has everyone I know.
Do you think electricity should be free?
Damn...are you Stupid

Strawman....outstanding. We have the best healthcare in the world and you're bitching. I want free plumbing. Without it, I don't have water to shower or use the toilet. Is that not a right? You're a moron.
We have the best healthcare in the world if you can afford it.

Those who can’t must make life altering decisions. Other industrialized nations in the world don’t make you make that decision
And in those nations people die before they can see a doctor.

You have two/three choices for healthcare:

#1) Affordability
#2) Exceptional Quality
#3) Universality

Pick two...not one single country has all three
That is not true.

They receive critical healthcare. They do NOT die and they do not receive a bill that bankrupts them afterwards

Affordable as in you dont have to decide whether you pay for your life saving prescriptions or your electric bill.
Those are not definitions of "affordable" as they generalize things that are subjective.
I've been sick many times and never lost my house over it. So has everyone I know.
Damn...are you Stupid

Strawman....outstanding. We have the best healthcare in the world and you're bitching. I want free plumbing. Without it, I don't have water to shower or use the toilet. Is that not a right? You're a moron.

Those who can’t must make life altering decisions. Other industrialized nations in the world don’t make you make that decision

#1) Affordability
#2) Exceptional Quality
#3) Universality

That is not true.

They receive critical healthcare. They do NOT die and they do not receive a bill that bankrupts them afterwards
Nope. My dad's sister lived in Russia. Got sick. My dad paid nearly $50k as they moved her to a private hospital as the public hospitals suck and she still died. Would have made it here and medicare would have paid for her.

Damn...are you Stupid

How did you come to that conclusion? So someone who smokes and drinks all the time and gets sick, I should pay for them? LOL
Nice misdirection
Blame the victim

No, not all victims deserve it
Most do not

Damn...are you Stupid

Nice misdirection
Blame the victim

No, not all victims deserve it
Most do not
Victim? If someone is a drug user they are victim? Spare me. You're such a leftist. Link that "most don't"...most Americans are obese. Did they become fat by accident or due to poor eating habits?

Or Bezos could share the fruits of his workers labor with his workers.
Yes, he could. That would be his choice, though, not yours. You can decide how to spend your own money.
If you take what Bezos made, he could give each employee a $50,000 bonus, and still make billions of dollars.
Taking someone's money without consent is called theft, and it's illegal.

Damn...are you Stupid

#1) Affordability
#2) Exceptional Quality
#3) Universality

That is not true.

Nope. My dad's sister lived in Russia. Got sick. My dad paid nearly $50k as they moved her to a private hospital as the public hospitals suck and she still died. Would have made it here and medicare would have paid for her.
Russia is not the free world

How would she do in Canada?

You're an illiterate asshole.
I don't want to punish anyone.
Paying your own bills is only punishment to marxist dipshits like yourself. It's the price of adulthood to the competent members of society.

...is there anything else that you want for America? It seems to me that, as long as Democrats are in office, nothing else really matters to you. Do you have any hopes for poor and middle-class Americans?
So why are we the only modern country without a living wage health care daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations ID card to end illegal immigration, and mainly taxing the rich more like their fair share, brainwashed functional moron? Everything you know is pure garbage hate and missinformation GOP propaganda dumbass. Give away to the rich and screw job for everyone else for 30 years now, only your imaginary propaganda world of phony scandals and ridiculous conspiracies distracts you idiots....

"Once again, Trump brags about donating his $400,000 presidential salary. Somehow he forgot to mention that his golf trips have cost taxpayers $141,000,000," says a screenshot of a tweet Reich posted that same day.

You're an illiterate asshole.
I don't want to punish anyone.
Paying your own bills is only punishment to marxist dipshits like yourself. It's the price of adulthood to the competent members of society.
God will not be amused, brainwashed functional moron. People did not magically get lazy and stupid the last 40 years, it is the GOP giveaway to the rich and screw job for everyone else that of course you don't know about dumbass..

New Topics

Forum List

Back