I have a question for leftists. Besides having Democrats in control of everything...

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.
I somewhat agree but when the scale gets too lopsided by profits gained by the wealthy then that can lead to another set of issues
The rich always get richer, but why is that a problem? The rich don’t get rich at the expense of the poor or the middle class like the politicians pretend they do
Ummmm...Yes they do
They get rich by paying lower taxes while they hold down wages. They are asked to contribute less to society as their profits increase.
It’s the market that determines wages. Wages aren’t set arbitrarily by rich people. You guys think that wealth is a zero sum game. That’s the wrong train of thought
Not really. It takes an influential person/company to change trends for pricing and for wages. The rest follow like sheep.
No you paid get paid what you’re worth according to services you provide. There’s competition in hiring. The market decides what people in any profession are worth.
In some cases yes but in others no. A business owner has the choice to invest profits in their personal accounts, back into their business or into their employee wages. It’s not the market forcing their hand.

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.
I somewhat agree but when the scale gets too lopsided by profits gained by the wealthy then that can lead to another set of issues
The rich always get richer, but why is that a problem? The rich don’t get rich at the expense of the poor or the middle class like the politicians pretend they do
Ummmm...Yes they do
They get rich by paying lower taxes while they hold down wages. They are asked to contribute less to society as their profits increase.
It’s the market that determines wages. Wages aren’t set arbitrarily by rich people. You guys think that wealth is a zero sum game. That’s the wrong train of thought
Not really. It takes an influential person/company to change trends for pricing and for wages. The rest follow like sheep.
No you paid get paid what you’re worth according to services you provide. There’s competition in hiring. The market decides what people in any profession are worth.
You get paid what you can get

Those with marketable skills can play the free market. Those with no skills or easily replaced skills get exploited

They don’t?? Well if the government did not deficit spending then what do you think would happen to the poor and middle class as the wealthy keep getting richer?
What does government spending have to do with it? How do the rich get richer off the poor or middle class? The answer is they don’t. You look at wealthy capitalists as exploiters, which isn’t the case.
Think of it as a game of monopoly... there is a reason why that game ends with one person owning everything.
I'm sorry, but monopoly is nothing like real life. Other people's success does not harm anyone else. That is a seductive line of reasoning, but it is not true. It is actually quite the opposite. When people are allowed to succeed, it creates opportunity for many others.

Ummmm...Yes they do
In some cases yes but in others no. A business owner has the choice to invest profits in their personal accounts, back into their business or into their employee wages. It’s not the market forcing their hand.
A business owner is looking to maximize his return on his business. His choices revolves around that. Very simply that’s what’s created wealth for more people than any other system we’ve seen

They don’t?? Well if the government did not deficit spending then what do you think would happen to the poor and middle class as the wealthy keep getting richer?
What does government spending have to do with it? How do the rich get richer off the poor or middle class? The answer is they don’t. You look at wealthy capitalists as exploiters, which isn’t the case.
Think of it as a game of monopoly... there is a reason why that game ends with one person owning everything.
Only in the real world one person doesn’t own everything. And capitalism has nothing to do with the simple board game of monopoly
One person doesn’t own everything in the real world you are correct. But 10% of people own most things... the reason why they don’t own more and more and eventually everything is because they pay taxes and there is a government regulating the economy

Only in the real world one person doesn’t own everything. And capitalism has nothing to do with the simple board game of monopoly
One person doesn’t own everything in the real world syou are correct. But 10% of people own most things... the reason why they don’t own more and more and eventually everything is because they pay taxes and there is a government regulating the economy
If a government breaks up monopolies, why does it need to cap how successful people can be?

I'm sorry, but monopoly is nothing like real life. Other people's success does not harm anyone else. That is a seductive line of reasoning, but it is not true. It is actually quite the opposite. When people are allowed to succeed, it creates opportunity for many others.
The game of monopoly shows in a very basic way what would happen if the wealth distribution gets too lopsided. You make it sound like I don’t want people to succeed. That’s not even close my point. Of course I want people to succeed.

Ummmm...Yes they do
You get paid what you can get

Those with marketable skills can play the free market. Those with no skills or easily replaced skills get exploited
How do they get exploited? If you work a bad job it’s not because you’re being exploited it’s because you haven’t acquired the skill set to put yourself higher on the totem pole. In life there’s always going to be winners and losers in every aspect of life.

I don’t think my healthcare decisions should be in the hands of my employer.
You have always had the ability to make your own healthcare decisions. If you decide to accept access into your employer's group policy, you've chosen to live within the parameters of said policy.

Yes it does

If you succeed because Government allows you to pay low taxes and pay low wages and ignore labor and environmental rules it harms others

is there anything else that you want for America?

Let’s see.....

Affordable Healthcare available to all
A Clean Environment
Affordable higher education
A comprehensive immigration policy
Modernize American Infrastructure
Wages people can live off of
Healthcare has risen since obamacare.
Education cost are out of control and rising.
Open borders isn't a plan.
10% of 2 trillion isn't shit.
The costs of healthcare have been rising for 30 years
Obama promised we would save $2500 a year.

Get government out of "education" if you dont like the cost
Government has ALWAYS been involved in education

it is what made America Great
Now we have kids who graduate who can't read, know nothing about geography or history, and all many can do is practice for and take a test.
Public School Education is the great equalizer in our society

It allows the richest kid in town to sit next to the poorest kid in town and receive the same education.
I agree everyone needs access to affordable education, but are you worried about its long history of mediocrity, and do you think it is ok to hold people back like cancelling higher math in Virginia? What if people want to create institutions that teach advanced things beyond government boundaries? Will we keep people down to be fair?

One person doesn’t own everything in the real world you are correct. But 10% of people own most things... the reason why they don’t own more and more and eventually everything is because they pay taxes and there is a government regulating the economy
What do you mean 10% own most things? That’s fundamentally not true. Yes billionaires own the majority of the wealth. They also happen to employ a lot of people, and provide goods and services to a lot of people. It’s not a zero sum game.

The game of monopoly shows in a very basic way what would happen if the wealth distribution gets too lopsided. You make it sound like I don’t want people to succeed. That’s not even close my point. Of course I want people to succeed.
If monopolies are broken up, why are you so concerned with how rich people can become?

...is there anything else that you want for America? It seems to me that, as long as Democrats are in office, nothing else really matters to you. Do you have any hopes for poor and middle-class Americans?
No, thanks. We're good. Now, go away!

Forum List

Back