I have a question for leftists. Besides having Democrats in control of everything...

How do the rich get richer off the poor or middle class? The answer is they don’t. You look at wealthy capitalists as exploiters, which isn’t the case.
Just look at Jeff Bezos. He doesn't drive a truck, he does't sort packages, and he doesn't distribute any of the goods. That's all done by the people who work for him. And in the end those workers made tens of thousands of dollars, while Bezos made $40 billion.

Police and fire aren’t free. Taxes pay for them.

And you stumbled on why the rich should pay more in taxes. They get more benefits from those basic services.
A big part of the military is for the purpose of protecting American assets abroad. Which is a benefit enjoyed by those rich enough to be able to own overseas assets.
If the military was reduced to homeland protection, it would be 1/10th the size it is now.
OK and do they pay less in taxes in terms of absolute dollars or more? So now you want to reduce our military? How do you think it will impact business here that relies on military contracts?

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.
I somewhat agree but when the scale gets too lopsided by profits gained by the wealthy then that can lead to another set of issues
The rich always get richer, but why is that a problem? The rich don’t get rich at the expense of the poor or the middle class like the politicians pretend they do
They don’t?? Well if the government did not deficit spending then what do you think would happen to the poor and middle class as the wealthy keep getting richer?
What does government spending have to do with it? How do the rich get richer off the poor or middle class? The answer is they don’t. You look at wealthy capitalists as exploiters, which isn’t the case.
Think of it as a game of monopoly... there is a reason why that game ends with one person owning everything.
I'm sorry, but monopoly is nothing like real life. Other people's success does not harm anyone else. That is a seductive line of reasoning, but it is not true. It is actually quite the opposite. When people are allowed to succeed, it creates opportunity for many others.
Yes it does

If you succeed because Government allows you to pay low taxes and pay low wages and ignore labor and environmental rules it harms others
The government doesn't 'allow' anyone to succeed. That is not its job. People earn their success. I agree people should follow environmental laws, and they are. Everyone should pay low taxes, and the government should get out of people's way with its spending, republicans included. I still don't see how you can fix wages without opening a Pandora's Box of problems. Finally, I will repeat my desire that government breaks up monopolies instead of getting fat on bribes.

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.
I somewhat agree but when the scale gets too lopsided by profits gained by the wealthy then that can lead to another set of issues
The rich always get richer, but why is that a problem? The rich don’t get rich at the expense of the poor or the middle class like the politicians pretend they do
Ummmm...Yes they do
They get rich by paying lower taxes while they hold down wages. They are asked to contribute less to society as their profits increase.
It’s the market that determines wages. Wages aren’t set arbitrarily by rich people. You guys think that wealth is a zero sum game. That’s the wrong train of thought
Not really. It takes an influential person/company to change trends for pricing and for wages. The rest follow like sheep.
No you paid get paid what you’re worth according to services you provide. There’s competition in hiring. The market decides what people in any profession are worth.
You get paid what you can get

Those with marketable skills can play the free market. Those with no skills or easily replaced skills get exploited
How do they get exploited? If you work a bad job it’s not because you’re being exploited it’s because you haven’t acquired the skill set to put yourself higher on the totem pole. In life there’s always going to be winners and losers in every aspect of life.
Well, not everyone can become a Rocket Scientist

Most will develop basic skills that allow them to eke out a living.

But a large segment will not have the intellectual skills or life experiences or just plain drive to demand higher wages.

Those are the workers that are easy to exploit.

is there anything else that you want for America?

Let’s see.....

Affordable Healthcare available to all
A Clean Environment
Affordable higher education
A comprehensive immigration policy
Modernize American Infrastructure
Wages people can live off of
Healthcare has risen since obamacare.
Education cost are out of control and rising.
Open borders isn't a plan.
10% of 2 trillion isn't shit.
The costs of healthcare have been rising for 30 years
Obama promised we would save $2500 a year.
No, he didn’t

...is there anything else that you want for America? It seems to me that, as long as Democrats are in office, nothing else really matters to you. Do you have any hopes for poor and middle-class Americans?
No, thanks. We're good. Now, go away!
Says the resident USMB coward. You're such a pussy. LOL
Whatever, it's just a board, get over yourself. You don't know me any better than I know you.

OK and do they pay less in taxes in terms of absolute dollars or more? So now you want to reduce our military? How do you think it will impact business here that relies on military contracts?
I'm not saying to reduce the military, i'm saying those who get 90% of it's benefits, should pay 90% of it's cost.

Affordable as in you donot lose your house if you get sick.
Affordable as in you dont have to decide whether you pay for your life saving prescriptions or your electric bill.
Those are not definitions of "affordable" as they generalize things that are subjective.
I've been sick many times and never lost my house over it. So has everyone I know.
Do you think electricity should be free?

...is there anything else that you want for America? It seems to me that, as long as Democrats are in office, nothing else really matters to you. Do you have any hopes for poor and middle-class Americans?
No, thanks. We're good. Now, go away!
Says the resident USMB coward. You're such a pussy. LOL
Whatever, it's just a board, get over yourself. You don't know me any better than I know you.
I know you very well. In a war you would be running the other way. Coward.

Get government out of "education" if you dont like the cost
Government has ALWAYS been involved in education

it is what made America Great
Now we have kids who graduate who can't read, know nothing about geography or history, and all many can do is practice for and take a test.
Public School Education is the great equalizer in our society

It allows the richest kid in town to sit next to the poorest kid in town and receive the same education.
I agree everyone needs access to affordable education, but are you worried about its long history of mediocrity, and do you think it is ok to hold people back like cancelling higher math in Virginia? What if people want to create institutions that teach advanced things beyond government boundaries? Will we keep people down to be fair?
I don’t think we keep our best students down. They will always find a way to succeed.
But Education is more than pandering to our finest students.
If we can turn an F student into a C student we are helping his chances to succeed in life

I'm not saying to reduce the military, i'm saying those who get 90% of it's benefits, should pay 90% of it's cost.
Wait so Donald Trump gets more benefits than I do from the military? I have two little kids at home, he has one. So because he is rich he deserves more protection? But again who pays more in absolute dollars? Me or a 22 year old college graduate. In terms of taxes. I support a 2% federal tax on all new goods bought. Rich buy more expensive goods so they will pay more that way. Including drug dealers.

is there anything else that you want for America?

Let’s see.....

Affordable Healthcare available to all
A Clean Environment
Affordable higher education
A comprehensive immigration policy
Modernize American Infrastructure
Wages people can live off of
Healthcare has risen since obamacare.
Education cost are out of control and rising.
Open borders isn't a plan.
10% of 2 trillion isn't shit.
The costs of healthcare have been rising for 30 years
Obama promised we would save $2500 a year.
No, he didn’t
Yes he did, he campaigned on every family of four would save $2500 a year on his plan. That was a huge lie that affected millions. Of course you swallowed it.

Now we have kids who graduate who can't read, know nothing about geography or history, and all many can do is practice for and take a test.

It allows the richest kid in town to sit next to the poorest kid in town and receive the same education.
I agree everyone needs access to affordable education, but are you worried about its long history of mediocrity, and do you think it is ok to hold people back like cancelling higher math in Virginia? What if people want to create institutions that teach advanced things beyond government boundaries? Will we keep people down to be fair?
I don’t think we keep our best students down. They will always find a way to succeed.
If we can turn an F student into a C student we are helping his chances to succeed in life
This post is so misguided it shows the stupidity of so many voters. Dude, you're a loser and you want people who succeed to dumb themselves down to your level. People like you are eliminating the honor roll from my kids school because the kids who didn't achieve it, their parents felt bad. Boooo hooo. People like you make me ill.

You want the government to dictate to private people the wages and salaries that they must pay to other private people. That is fascism.
Seeing the American government already does that, the US must be a fascist state. You just want it to be a fascist state with a lot of destitute people.

Ummmm...Yes they do
They get rich by paying lower taxes while they hold down wages. They are asked to contribute less to society as their profits increase.
It’s the market that determines wages. Wages aren’t set arbitrarily by rich people. You guys think that wealth is a zero sum game. That’s the wrong train of thought
Not really. It takes an influential person/company to change trends for pricing and for wages. The rest follow like sheep.
No you paid get paid what you’re worth according to services you provide. There’s competition in hiring. The market decides what people in any profession are worth.
In some cases yes but in others no. A business owner has the choice to invest profits in their personal accounts, back into their business or into their employee wages. It’s not the market forcing their hand.
A business owner is looking to maximize his return on his business. His choices revolves around that. Very simply that’s what’s created wealth for more people than any other system we’ve seen
Yes and that is driven by his choices and not entirely by the market. This includes wages and product pricing

Affordable as in you donot lose your house if you get sick.
Affordable as in you dont have to decide whether you pay for your life saving prescriptions or your electric bill.
Those are not definitions of "affordable" as they generalize things that are subjective.
I've been sick many times and never lost my house over it. So has everyone I know.
Do you think electricity should be free?
Damn...are you Stupid

We should have a society where people should not fear getting sick.
You get cancer or heart failure or MS you should not have to sell your house to pay for treatment.

Electricity is not free. But if you have to pay a thousand a month for a rare cancer drug, you should not have to choose between paying for your cancer medication and your other bills

This post is so misguided it shows the stupidity of so many voters. Dude, you're a loser and you want people who succeed to dumb themselves down to your level. People like you are eliminating the honor roll from my kids school because the kids who didn't achieve it, their parents felt bad. Boooo hooo. People like you make me ill.
You know what?
The honor roll kids are going to be OK.

The kids who are struggling to get Cs do not deserve to be ignored just so your honor roll kid can get into a better school.

If you can take a failing student or struggling student and teach them the skills to succeed in life, it is just as important as getting your Honor Roll student into Harvard

Forum List

Back