I have a question for leftists. Besides having Democrats in control of everything...

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.
I somewhat agree but when the scale gets too lopsided by profits gained by the wealthy then that can lead to another set of issues
The rich always get richer, but why is that a problem? The rich don’t get rich at the expense of the poor or the middle class like the politicians pretend they do
Ummmm...Yes they do
They get rich by paying lower taxes while they hold down wages. They are asked to contribute less to society as their profits increase.
It’s the market that determines wages. Wages aren’t set arbitrarily by rich people. You guys think that wealth is a zero sum game. That’s the wrong train of thought

Get government out of "education" if you dont like the cost
Government has ALWAYS been involved in education

it is what made America Great
Now we have kids who graduate who can't read, know nothing about geography or history, and all many can do is practice for and take a test.
Public School Education is the great equalizer in our society

It allows the richest kid in town to sit next to the poorest kid in town and receive the same education.

Police and fire aren’t free. Taxes pay for them.

And you stumbled on why the rich should pay more in taxes. They get more benefits from those basic services.
A big part of the military is for the purpose of protecting American assets abroad. Which is a benefit enjoyed by those rich enough to be able to own overseas assets.
If the military was reduced to homeland protection, it would be 1/10th the size it is now.

I’m sure some are... others I’m sure provide funds and support that help people succeed. Depends on the case we are looking at
Keep in mind that, anytime you take money from the private sector, you REDUCE economic activity. If you want a better and more vibrant economy, let people keep their money and then they'll invest it or spend it.
I somewhat agree but when the scale gets too lopsided by profits gained by the wealthy then that can lead to another set of issues
The rich always get richer, but why is that a problem? The rich don’t get rich at the expense of the poor or the middle class like the politicians pretend they do
Ummmm...Yes they do
They get rich by paying lower taxes while they hold down wages. They are asked to contribute less to society as their profits increase.
It’s the market that determines wages. Wages aren’t set arbitrarily by rich people. You guys think that wealth is a zero sum game. That’s the wrong train of thought
I agree
Up till the point where taxpayers have to subsidize YOUR employees with housing, food and healthcare.
The market has been manipulated to reduce wages, benefits and expenses related to healthcare and education

Now we have kids who graduate who can't read, know nothing about geography or history, and all many can do is practice for and take a test.
Apparently that is not a recent thing, since many on this forum know little about geography and history, and even less about math and science.

You guys think that wealth is a zero sum game. That’s the wrong train of thought
Wealth is a zero sum game, except during a fast growing economy. And during a recession it's actually fighting over a shrinking pie.

They don’t?? Well if the government did not deficit spending then what do you think would happen to the poor and middle class as the wealthy keep getting richer?

is there anything else that you want for America?

Let’s see.....

Affordable Healthcare available to all
A Clean Environment
Affordable higher education
A comprehensive immigration policy
Modernize American Infrastructure
Wages people can live off of
I really appreciate that you made an argument. I already asked about why we should create a universal health system instead of just improve things we already have, such as Medicaid. Who would it help, and what would it do to the healthcare of everyone else? Everyone wants a clean environment. I'm open to making higher education more attainable, but I worry about parents paying for other people's kids to go to school. I would hope that there would be at least some standards or merits to get aid, so that we don't have kids who don't give a fart going to free school just to party. Democrats have no willingness to do anything about immigration. What does infrastructure actually mean? They are coming up with massive bills that don't seem to have much to do with infrastructure? Many are already discussing the government setting people's incomes. I don't see how it is possible.

If I may ask, how much of the work force should be directly funded by the federal government? How much of a role will private companies be allowed? I find it very worrisome that people whose only skills are getting elected are getting mountains of cash and building bridges to nowhere. I'm not sure how you can optimistically view increased government involvement in people's lives. PS - I wish the government would break up monopolies like it is supposed to, instead of just grabbing more cash.

Let’s see.....

A Clean Environment
Healthcare has risen since obamacare.
Education cost are out of control and rising.
Open borders isn't a plan.
10% of 2 trillion isn't shit.

Ummmm...Yes they do
Not really. It takes an influential person/company to change trends for pricing and for wages. The rest follow like sheep.

You guys think that wealth is a zero sum game. That’s the wrong train of thought
Wealth is a zero sum game, except during a fast growing economy. And during a recession it's actually fighting over a shrinking pie.
Wealth is a commodity that is up for grabs

Our society favors those who already have the bulk of the wealth to determine how it gets distributed.
The workers in our society, who actually generate the wealth get little influence in how it gets distributed

...is there anything else that you want for America? It seems to me that, as long as Democrats are in office, nothing else really matters to you. Do you have any hopes for poor and middle-class Americans?
I would like to end the rule of this country being in the hands of a minority of the voters. Our republican system is designed to safeguard the rights of the minority, fine, but it should not enable the minority to dictate to the majority.

Let’s see.....

A Clean Environment
Healthcare has risen since obamacare.
Education cost are out of control and rising.
Open borders isn't a plan.
10% of 2 trillion isn't shit.
The costs of healthcare have been rising for 30 years

When you say "affordable", you mean you want citizens to be on the hook for another citizen's healthcare costs, right?
Naaaaaah, he wants a Universal Basic Income so incompetents on the Dem side never have to work: they just live off all the smartest Americans, the few who pay all the taxes. Hey, what could go wrong with that?

They don’t?? Well if the government did not deficit spending then what do you think would happen to the poor and middle class as the wealthy keep getting richer?
What does government spending have to do with it? How do the rich get richer off the poor or middle class? The answer is they don’t. You look at wealthy capitalists as exploiters, which isn’t the case.

What does government spending have to do with it? How do the rich get richer off the poor or middle class? The answer is they don’t. You look at wealthy capitalists as exploiters, which isn’t the case.
Think of it as a game of monopoly... there is a reason why that game ends with one person owning everything.

...is there anything else that you want for America? It seems to me that, as long as Democrats are in office, nothing else really matters to you. Do you have any hopes for poor and middle-class Americans?
I would like to end the rule of this country being in the hands of a minority of the voters. Our republican system is designed to safeguard the rights of the minority, fine, but it should not enable the minority to dictate to the majority.
Republicans have learned to rule from the minority.
Gerrymandering, winning low population states have gotten them the power they now have.

They are now stocking the courts with young conservatives to allow them to maintain influence after they have lost the vote

Ummmm...Yes they do
Not really. It takes an influential person/company to change trends for pricing and for wages. The rest follow like sheep.
No you paid get paid what you’re worth according to services you provide. There’s competition in hiring. The market decides what people in any profession are worth.

Think of it as a game of monopoly... there is a reason why that game ends with one person owning everything.
Only in the real world one person doesn’t own everything. And capitalism has nothing to do with the simple board game of monopoly

Forum List

Back