I have a new theory about the origin of earth

totally agree but water is not a naturally occurring element; it is a molecule.
:)-
Practically every bit of oxygen in the universe is locked up with something as it is one of the most reactive elements. Since hydrogen is the most abundant element it follows that water is going to be the most abundant oxide. As far as anyone knows free Oxygen is exclusively the product of life.

WRONG. All matter in our solar system was originally part of a dark nebula that was hit by the compression bow shock wave from another star
A wave is created when a string of elements strikes another string of elements that collide with other elements creating a cascading reaction. No such elements exist in the void of outer space. I’m not disputing your view; I just want a clearer explanation.

A wave is created when a string of elements strikes another string of elements that collide with other elements creating a cascading reaction. No such elements exist in the void of outer space. I’m not disputing your view; I just want a clearer explanation.

I didn't know astrophysics was a "view." Maybe you need to go back and get a refund from your local school district who failed to teach you basic physics 101? Ever hear of kinetic energy?

I didn't know astrophysics was a "view." Maybe you need to go back and get a refund from your local school district who failed to teach you basic physics 101? Ever hear of kinetic energy?

Ever hear of kinetic energy?

He doesn't understand entropy either.

Ever hear of kinetic energy?
Yes; I have heard of the term. To have kinetic energy you must have mass in motion. Mass at rest has no kinetic energy. Outer space has no mass; therefore, it cannot carry a wave.
Well, the above is not totally true. Gravity is pulling mass towards the center of out planet therefore, even a rock sitting on the ground has kinetic energy.
I seem to continuously correcting my own posts.

Yes; I have heard of the term. To have kinetic energy you must have mass in motion. Mass at rest has no kinetic energy. Outer space has no mass; therefore, it cannot carry a wave.
Well, the above is not totally true. Gravity is pulling mass towards the center of out planet therefore, even a rock sitting on the ground has kinetic energy.
I seem to continuously correcting my own posts.

To have kinetic energy you must have mass in motion.

Like the gas expelled from a supernova?

The OP is right, the solar system can capture passing debris and bring it into a stable orbit ... but just mathematical possibilities doesn't replace hard evidence ... of which the OP has none ... in fact, the frozen Earth evidence runs on the thin side as well, and a lot of that gives more of a slushy Earth ... and it depends on geologists pinpointing perfectly the continents 1 billion years ago ... these are vague terms, what would we call solid ice sheets down to 45ºN ... like just recently ...

The compositions of the various materials in our solar system all indicate common origin, including the Earth ... and there's enough evidence on Earth's surface of the Late Heavy Bombardment to clearly put Earth in her position 4 billion years ago, with a rather large Moon ...

Water is H2O. When a water molecule is created heat is released. The heat created from the creation of water resulted in the earths molten core.
There are cubic miles of water on our planet. When those water molecules were created it created our molten core.
End of story
bye

I have a new theory about the origin of earth. I believe our planet came from someplace else and when it passed our sun it was caught up in the gravity pull of our sun and now circles our sun like the other planets.
https://www.solarsystemscope.com/sp...nd-rotational-characteristics-of-earth_02.jpg

Our planet began totally covered in ice. The frozen state could not have occurred in its current orbit because of the heat our suns radiation.

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen, sometime earlier than 650 Mya (million years ago) during the Cryogenian period.
TinyURL.com: ybzpbae7

Snowball Earth: The times our planet was covered in ice

Ancient rocks suggest that ice entirely covered our planet on at least two occasions. This theory may help explain the rise of complex life that followed.
The story of Snowball Earth

Once our planet began circling our sun the ice covering our earth began to slowly melt, creating the oceans we see today and even today this ice continues to melt.

Anyone agree/disagree-?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd say the chances you're right is very small. Chances are the planet formed like all other planets. There's no reason to think we came from outside. If we were a gas giant, then yes.
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, they're similar in size, they're similar in make up, we're very much like Venus, only we're in the Goldilocks Zone and they're cooking.

There's nothing abnormal about the Earth being where it is.

Water is H2O. When a water molecule is created heat is released. The heat created from the creation of water resulted in the earths molten core.
There are cubic miles of water on our planet. When those water molecules were created it created our molten core.
End of story
bye

With all due respect ... most of the Earth's heat comes from the original gravitational collapse ... and next comes radioactive decay ... perhaps your mistake is thinking there's an abundance of atomic oxygen floating around in space ... anyplace that's cool enough for water to exist, the oxygen WILL combine with the hydrogen, (or rarely with itself) ... the energy released would be trivial compared to the energy from collapse and radioactivity ...

The water was water when our nebula was still a nebula ... if that makes any sense ...

The theory is bizarre and has NO Basis.
The several reasons laid out previous including your own late google about water.
I suggest better use off google.
ie,

and

Your theory is like those who answer how life came about with ancient astronauts planting it here: 'Transpermia.'
But that doesn't answer the Life question at all, it just kicks it down the universe.. just like your baseless travelling earth water/life theory.

Comet showering is a much more likely source and that water conserved by the conditions of our earth both temperature and gravity wise.
The planet has much more solid/non-water materials that forms the 99.9% of it's center/volume.

another Google

1) Water covers 70% of the Earth, but it's only 1/1000th of the Earth's volume. Sep 6, 2013

7 Things You May Not Know About Water - World Bank Blogs

Learn to Google.
all of this took me minutes
`
`
`

Last edited:
I have a new theory about the origin of earth. I believe our planet came from someplace else and when it passed our sun it was caught up in the gravity pull of our sun and now circles our sun like the other planets.
https://www.solarsystemscope.com/sp...nd-rotational-characteristics-of-earth_02.jpg

Our planet began totally covered in ice. The frozen state could not have occurred in its current orbit because of the heat our suns radiation.

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen, sometime earlier than 650 Mya (million years ago) during the Cryogenian period.
TinyURL.com: ybzpbae7

Snowball Earth: The times our planet was covered in ice

Ancient rocks suggest that ice entirely covered our planet on at least two occasions. This theory may help explain the rise of complex life that followed.
The story of Snowball Earth

Once our planet began circling our sun the ice covering our earth began to slowly melt, creating the oceans we see today and even today this ice continues to melt.

Anyone agree/disagree-?
Then , even simpler, (my bad), we already Know::

So WTF do you have to spin a tale that the earth just blew in?
It's a 'fantastical' fantasy syndrome because you lack the learning/knowledge and prefer to fabricate rather than investigate.

`

Last edited:
"Much more likely"
I accept that, one guess is as good as another.
The earth did not just blow in to the system
Here IS it's history timeline
Aslo watch the atmospheric content on the upper right.
We didn't get over 2% Oxygen until app 650 MYA.

`
`

No it does not. Please explain further.

Only very high temperatures keep oxygen and hydrogen from bonding ... at nebula temperatures, these elements routinely combine forming water ... and we see this throughout the visible universe ... water is common, so it makes more sense that Earth's water has been with us since the beginning ... it doesn't have to "come from" anyplace ... it was already here ...

Forum List

Back