I have a new theory about the origin of earth

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
I have a new theory about the origin of earth. I believe our planet came from someplace else and when it passed our sun it was caught up in the gravity pull of our sun and now circles our sun like the other planets.
https://www.solarsystemscope.com/sp...nd-rotational-characteristics-of-earth_02.jpg

Our planet began totally covered in ice. The frozen state could not have occurred in its current orbit because of the heat our suns radiation.

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen, sometime earlier than 650 Mya (million years ago) during the Cryogenian period.
TinyURL.com: ybzpbae7

Snowball Earth: The times our planet was covered in ice

Ancient rocks suggest that ice entirely covered our planet on at least two occasions. This theory may help explain the rise of complex life that followed.
The story of Snowball Earth

Once our planet began circling our sun the ice covering our earth began to slowly melt, creating the oceans we see today and even today this ice continues to melt.

Anyone agree/disagree-?

Originally all matter in our solar system was the remnants of a powerful supernova explosion. All known solar system bodies condensed out of debris gravitationally bound to the sun. Anything traveling fast enough to have been anywhere else will just keep on going out of the other side. Objects that become captured in a gravity well have highly elliptical and eccentric orbits. Primordial objects all have circular orbits on the plane of the elliptical.

I have a new theory about the origin of earth. I believe our planet came from someplace else and when it passed our sun it was caught up in the gravity pull of our sun and now circles our sun like the other planets.
https://www.solarsystemscope.com/sp...nd-rotational-characteristics-of-earth_02.jpg

Our planet began totally covered in ice. The frozen state could not have occurred in its current orbit because of the heat our suns radiation.

The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that during one or more of earth's icehouse climates, Earth's surface became entirely or nearly entirely frozen, sometime earlier than 650 Mya (million years ago) during the Cryogenian period.

Ancient rocks suggest that ice entirely covered our planet on at least two occasions. This theory may help explain the rise of complex life that followed.

Once our planet began circling our sun the ice covering our earth began to slowly melt, creating the oceans we see today and even today this ice continues to melt.

Anyone agree/disagree-?
Nope. The three brothers Odin, Vili and Ve, slew the giant Ymir and created the ordered world from Ymir's carcass.........

Originally all matter in our solar system was the remnants of a powerful supernova explosion. All known solar system bodies condensed out of debris gravitationally bound to the sun. Anything traveling fast enough to have been anywhere else will just keep on going out of the other side. Objects that become captured in a gravity well have highly elliptical and eccentric orbits. Primordial objects all have circular orbits on the plane of the elliptical.

Objects that become captured in a gravity well have highly elliptical and eccentric orbits. Primordial objects all have circular orbits on the plane of the elliptical ecliptic.

Yes!

Zero proof for extrasolar origin of Earth.

According to your theory earth has always circled the sun just as it does today. Having said that how can you explain the simple fact that no other planet in our solar system has oceans and ice sheets all at the same time-?
solar system.jpg

While all orbits are mathematically elliptical a circular orbit refers to one that remains a fairly stable distance from the primary.
I agree but this does not disqualify my theory that our planet came from someplace else and then as it passed our sun it got caught up in the sun’s gravity placing it in an orbit around our sun. We have satellite’s circling our earth today as well as other planets in our solar system.
(;-

I am just floating out an idea, you can agree or disagree with this theory.

Now that I have introduced this theory, I am off to bash trump wherever I can.
:)-

Zero proof for extrasolar origin of Earth.

According to your theory earth has always circled the sun just as it does today. Having said that how can you explain the simple fact that no other planet in our solar system has oceans and ice sheets all at the same time-?
View attachment 352717

earth has always circled the sun just as it does today.

Pretty much.

Having said that how can you explain the simple fact that no other planet in our solar system has oceans and ice sheets

No other planets are in the Circumstellar Habitable Zone.

Several moons in our solar system are thought to have liquid oceans under a layer of ice.

While all orbits are mathematically elliptical a circular orbit refers to one that remains a fairly stable distance from the primary.
I agree but this does not disqualify my theory that our planet came from someplace else and then as it passed our sun it got caught up in the sun’s gravity placing it in an orbit around our sun. We have satellite’s circling our earth today as well as other planets in our solar system.
(;-

If your "theory" were correct, the Earth would likely have a less regular / more eccentric orbit.

Anyone agree/disagree-?
Idiot, Earth was made in China like everything else.

Our planet began totally covered in ice.

No, it began molten. The snowball phase came billions of years later.

The frozen state could not have occurred in its current orbit because of the heat our suns radiation.

The sun was about 5% dimmer then, and CO2 levels were lower. Hence, snowball. The sun warmed, CO2 rose, no more snowball.

View attachment 352717
Because no other planet is in the liquid water zone, sometimes called the Goldilocks zone, because it's not too hot and not too cold.

Forum List

Back