I hate Catholicism

The Great Goose

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2015
I've been non-practicing for years, but now I've finally found a small measure of peace in admitting to myself that it's a giant stick up your arse.

It's nothing but keeping up appearances. What a life ruining nasty religion it is. Jesus would have loathed it.

Odd. I don't feel any stick up there.

Catholicism: I could take it or leave it. It'd be nice if it were aligned more with the Scriptures, though.

Odd. I don't feel any stick up there. Catholicism: I could take it or leave it. It'd be nice if it were aligned more with the Scriptures, though.
Full disclosure, I'm a comfy agnostic, but I'm curious here - could you provide examples?

And, I know that it has its detractors within the Christian community. Are those examples the main reason why this is so?

Odd. I don't feel any stick up there. Catholicism: I could take it or leave it. It'd be nice if it were aligned more with the Scriptures, though.
Full disclosure, I'm a comfy agnostic, but I'm curious here - could you provide examples?

And, I know that it has its detractors within the Christian community. Are those examples the main reason why this is so?
We don't need to meet with intercessors to the Father in a confessional; we have the Son, Jesus.

What is the point of supplication to Mary? Is she divine?

Did Peter consider himself a pope?

"..giant stick up your arse.."

Interesting choice of words.

14956573_10153948624062797_8242434834188113812_n.jpg

I hate anything that tries to use society to limit me. Fuck fascistic crap!
Religion is all about limiting bad behavior....and on the whole it only benefits society.
On a whole . . . you just made a silly comment.

Catholics, Jews, and Muslims, children of Father Abraham, have probably killed a cool billion souls in the last 2000 years.

Religion is all about limiting bad behavior....and on the whole it only benefits society.
Indeed, Christianity is a bedrock of American virtue.

Even Catholicism, in competing with more Calvinistic and Presbyterian systems for converts, has imparted some measure of Christian liberty to the country's value system.

Not a Catholic, and they certainly have some notions that give me pause, but they seem like pretty good folks...at least the rural Midwestern variety, the only variety with which I have had sustained personal interaction.

Catholics, Jews, and Muslims, children of Father Abraham, have probably killed a cool billion souls in the last 2000 years.
Maybe it would be silly if terrorist and other violent acts didn't fall under extreme "bad behavior."

I think Buddhism is the way to go, or something involving Krishna.

I've been non-practicing for years, but now I've finally found a small measure of peace in admitting to myself that it's a giant stick up your arse.

It's nothing but keeping up appearances. What a life ruining nasty religion it is. Jesus would have loathed it.
Perhaps you've been doing it wrong?

We don't need to meet with intercessors to the Father in a confessional; we have the Son, Jesus.

What is the point of supplication to Mary? Is she divine?

Did Peter consider himself a pope?
There is a practical application of speaking one's sins out loud to another person. It doesn't have to be a priest but by doing so it releases the power that sin holds over us. We are only as sick as the secrets we keep. That's why we have confession.

Every religion if taken to extreme causes counterproductive results. It depends on each individual

"..giant stick up your arse.."

Interesting choice of words.

View attachment 104901
Although the Catholic church was wrong in the way they handled pervert priests; pedophile teachers and coaches far out-number pedophile priests.
Yes, we should have done something about it back in the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's and we should not have tried to cover it up. That was wrong. But what people do not realize is that it was not really a pedophile problem, it was really a homosexuality problem.

It's not for everyone. Good luck on your journey.

Forum List

Back