I Had No Idea All Smokers Were Mega Wealthy

Works for me

Can‘t ban cigarettes, tax them out of existence
$8.50 a pack now
Works for me also.
Poor people make poor decisions. It is just a fact.
Like said here, and impossible to deny - most smokers are poor or low middle class.
And they smoke up anyway despite the cost, denying their children quality food and other necessities because of their selfish habits.

If one was inclined, you could go back to one of my first threads I made here way back in 2010.
I bitched about a white trash young women in the grocery line ahead of me with a child that was unkempt, frazzled hair and dirty clothes.
In her cart was a giant container of cheese balls, hot dogs, cookies, potato chips and other junk.
She paid for that with a SNAP card.
Then she rang up a carton of cigarettes separately. It took everything I had not to chastise her right then and there.
Disgusting for a number of reasons.

Tobacco and liquor taxes are known as Pigouvian taxes and meant to offset negative externalites of the things being taxed.

Carbon taxes and gas taxes are also Pigouvian taxes.

The money goes into a general revenue pool, not directly to the entities which bear the cost of the negative externalities. However, money is fungible, so in effect that is where the money is going.

Also know lately as a sin tax. Both liquor and cigarettes were taxed well before the politicians came up with the bad things tax.

Why should THEIR share of their own healthcare costs be decreased? They brought this on themselves. Why should the taxpayers bear any part of the costs of their treatment? In Canada, we pay nothing out of pocket for our physician care or hospital stays. The extra taxes over the years probably covers it, as do tobacco company legal settlements.

It's hardly a scam and hardly surprising that conservatives talk about "personal responsibility" and "choices have consequences" except when they're asked to take personal responsibility when their personal choices result in in injury or illness to themselves or others.

Every Canadian I know including my next door neighbors says your healthcare is horrible. They absolutely love it here in the US.
Your jealousy of American greatness drips from every post.

Why the fuck is the Biden administration so focused on fucking tobacco?

This is America you fucking *****

Fuck you all supporting this, i can smoke however much i want and it should be dirt fucking cheap. It's not like you're paying for my health care.

Left Vs Right terms, made simple.

Yeah, tax those fuckers, we can do stuff with the money.

Most smokers are poor to low middle class, I thought you guys were supposed to be on their side?

Yeah, but tax those fuckers to improve their health.

What's more likely, people will quit smoking over it or the govt. simply collects more tax off individuals for some dumb fuck's ideology?

Yeah but tax those fuckers, we can do stuff with the money. Serves them right for smoking, idiots.

Who the fuck are you to make those decisions after scarfing down a bag of Cheetos? You're pretty fat.

It's my body I'll do what the fuck I want.

How about we tax all those tattoos on that big ass body of yours?

Yeah sure, that would be fair.

Why single out smokers then?

Tax those fuckers, we can do stuff with the money.

Works for me

Can‘t ban cigarettes, tax them out of existence
$8.50 a pack now

Its certainly good news for the folks in the La Cosa Nostra. Smuggling cigarettes and counterfeiting cigarette tax stamps are profitable scams. Sort of makes up for the business our Mafia Friends lost out on with the decline of unionism.

Most of the smokers I see look just like low and middle income people.
Non-Castration Anxiety

As will never be pointed out by anyone else, Tobacco Prohibition is a tool of the ruling class against those born blue-collar. Even more deeply, it is caused by upper-class fear of the Marlboro Man and all masculine images. We outnumber the elitists thousands to one. If we had any guts, we could crush them like grapes. So they seek to emasculate us in any way possible, even attacking manly images.

Their constits ARE the poor. Give'm a clean needle and an Obama phone and is all good bro. I had to use spale chack. Public edjikashin. There their they're. I even had to check my contobroncosaurus...whatever.
Thatz a lie. I just asked on FarceBook. Doen't evrybuddy ?
Those desurusez are for massa degreez Nshit.
I spent my book munny on rimz !
Whoever Controls Language Controls Thought

How about the media pushing "mic" for mike? That's even more retarded than Ebonics. The quacky-yackers know it, too. They are testing us to see if we will blindly follow such absurd spelling just because they use it. The fact that we do proves how much power they have over even their opponents.

Forum List

Back