I Gave Money to a Homeless Man Last Night

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
My usual policy is to not give a shit about homeless people because they are usually derelict drug addict. For some reason, though, last night was different. I do not know exactly why. I stopped by a convenience store on the way home from work to get a drink (a Gatorade, not booze). This skeevy looking black dude who is not good with the English language asked is I had any change. I said "no". In fact, I had no change. But I paid for a couple of drinks with a tenner and had a 5 dollar bill and some change on me when I exited the store. When I exited the store the fucker was now standing against the front of the building and in front of my car parked there. I quickly assessed the danger of the situation. Of course, I carry. If I had to I could put 7 bullets into this guy's head very quickly. However, there was some other person standing there, and I did not get an aggressive vibe from the bum. I walked over to him and told him that I had some change now. I gave him the 5 and the loose change. He said something like "I appreciate ya, hommie", then walked off.

I sat in my car and watched where he went. He immediately walked off after I gave him the money. Right next door there was a Huddle House (a skeevy 24-hr. "diner" like Waffle House), he strode off confidently toward the Huddle House. I sat there to see if that was where he was going. I figured he would just keep walking past the restaurant and go straight to his crack dealer. Believe it or not, he walked straight into the Huddle House. I pray that he bought himself something to eat. It could be that he knew his crack dealer was there, or that the crack dealer worked there. But I hope this is not the case. I drove off having at least a little better feeling toward humanity than I had had a few minutes earlier thinking that maybe my donation, as slight as it way, will actually help the poor bastard.

My usual policy is to not give a shit about homeless people because they are usually derelict drug addict. For some reason, though, last night was different. I do not know exactly why. I stopped by a convenience store on the way home from work to get a drink (a Gatorade, not booze). This skeevy looking black dude who is not good with the English language asked is I had any change. I said "no". In fact, I had no change. But I paid for a couple of drinks with a tenner and had a 5 dollar bill and some change on me when I exited the store. When I exited the store the fucker was now standing against the front of the building and in front of my car parked there. I quickly assessed the danger of the situation. Of course, I carry. If I had to I could put 7 bullets into this guy's head very quickly. However, there was some other person standing there, and I did not get an aggressive vibe from the bum. I walked over to him and told him that I had some change now. I gave him the 5 and the loose change. He said something like "I appreciate ya, hommie", then walked off.

I sat in my car and watched where he went. He immediately walked off after I gave him the money. Right next door there was a Huddle House (a skeevy 24-hr. "diner" like Waffle House), he strode off confidently toward the Huddle House. I sat there to see if that was where he was going. I figured he would just keep walking past the restaurant and go straight to his crack dealer. Believe it or not, he walked straight into the Huddle House. I pray that he bought himself something to eat. It could be that he knew his crack dealer was there, or that the crack dealer worked there. But I hope this is not the case. I drove off having at least a little better feeling toward humanity than I had had a few minutes earlier thinking that maybe my donation, as slight as it way, will actually help the poor bastard.
Good for you. The sad thing about losers is they either did it to themselves or their parents made them that way.

If there is a soup kitchen in the area - they get food there. Any cash is usually spent on drugs and alcohol.

If they are not entertaining, like me, don't give them anything.

Alex Baldwin.jpg

Last edited:

He went in to make a mess out of the bathroom. What a sucker you are.

Street beggars choose to live like that. You're not helping them by giving them money. Buy them a meal or a pair of shoes but they'll just buy more drugs with your money.

I usually don’t give money to the homeless, because I feel like I’m enabling them to get drugs. If my sense tells that they’re not looking to score drugs then I’ll give them a couple of bucks

In summation, there really was no Christian charity involved on your part all.

Street beggars choose to live like that. You're not helping them by giving them money. Buy them a meal or a pair of shoes but they'll just buy more drugs with your money.
This is not making me feel any better. But it is the truth, and I need to hear it.

There is one guy I give $20.00 to. He shows up and cleans the area around the dumpster at my apartment building. Does a good job, too.

You "drove off having at least a little better feeling toward humanity." Why?

You accomplished nothing except praising yourself, and talking tough about carrying.

Your post most likely has many feeling a little less good about humanity. But thanks for sharing

Good for you. The sad thing about losers is they either did it to themselves or their parents made them that way.
or a combination. I'd say something like 80% of the homeless had bad parents, abusive, neglectful... whatever.. I've heard some of their stories.

I will add something to this story. My 18 yr old son and his buddy decided to get an apartment together and split the costs. I let him go. What else could I do? It has been just him and I for years since I divorced his mother. He just moved out this past weekend. Now I am all fucked up; as in, my life got turned upside down. So my emotional state probably clouded my judgment yesterday.

I will get over it. It is the newness to the situation that I have to get past. I can tell you for a fact I have not given money to any other bum in probably
In summation, there really was no Christian charity involved on your part all.
I am not a Christian, wang-wrangler.

Or some dirty diddler cop messed his life up. Few homeless people "did it to thrmselves" unless poisons were involved.
What do you actually think the chances are that a cop "messed up" this fucker's life? Why would you go there first? My first 2 guesses is drugs and mental illness. You go to cops. Under the circumstances I guess I should consider myself lucky you do not blame Trump for this guy's sorry station in life.

Forum List

Back