I found a mouse in the house.

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
I don't want to kill the poor little guy, after all, it's springtime and he will probably be able to survive outside on his own, pretty soon.

Should I shoot the little bastard or let him go?

The fate of that cute little mouse is going to be decided by your vote.

Last edited:
Was the mouse trying to groom your children?

httpscdnimagesdailystarcoukdynamic122photos707000900x738717707.jpg

I don't want to kill the poor little guy, after all, it's springtime and he will probably be able to survive outside on his own, pretty soon.

Check your attic for his family.

If you found one, you can be sure there are a lot more in and around the house.

I liked sticky traps for the little vermin at the plant, back before retirement.

If you found one, you can be sure there are a lot more in and around the house.
Surprisingly, I think my home was the exception to this rule. I saw one mouse, and then I saw two mice running across the living room floor at the same time. so I bought a boatload of mouse traps. Caught one on the kitchen counter. Then I saw one had nibbled the corner of a bag of flour in the storage room in the basement. Caught one there. Then I never saw another mouse the whole winter.

OP, start going at them and also have your home inspected for ingress points. If they continue to have a way in, they'll use it.

Shoot him. I watched someone shoot a scorpion on the ceiling. It was impressive. Shooting a mouse would be spectacular.

I like to give the mice that enter my house a fair warning. I tell the mouse I'm going to kill it. I channel John McClane.

Shoot him. I watched someone shoot a scorpion on the ceiling. It was impressive. Shooting a mouse would be spectacular.

I like to give the mice that enter my house a fair warning. I tell the mouse I'm going to kill it. I channel John McClane.
Birdshot or buckshot? Or something in-between? :dunno:

I don't think anyone even produces mouse shot.

You didn't "find" a mouse unless he was dead. You caught a mouse. That's different because you don't want to shoot up your house aiming at a tiny fast creature. Mouse traps work but I hate the sticky boards that trap the creature alive while they struggle and gasp and sometimes scream.
If you can't do humane catch and release traps, go for snap traps, keeping in mind that these are only a quick death when the trap snaps on the rodent's neck. If the mouse manages to snap the trap with it's foot, it will suffer mightily. I had this happen a couple of times with rats and, filthy vermin or not, it still hurts the heart to see a critter suffer the pain of being in a trap and to then have to drown it.

Was the mouse trying to groom your children?
I dunno. But I do suspect that it was trying to groom my neighbor's ferret. I don't have any proof of that. Just a sneaking suspicion based on it's beady little eyes.

It just seems like the type that would rape a ferret (or a lizard).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back