Happy Easter to all you believers...

I might embrace the Christian faith if those who call themselves "Christian" were not such awful and hate filled human beings.

Not that I'd believe in the supernatural, but the teachings of Christ are simply amazing. Shame none of his flock bothers to follow them.

My bridge is still for sale and I'll toss in some colored hard boiled eggs!

No reason to make fun of people that believe.

What I do enjoy though is a friend of mine on FB that makes many inappropriate post about women and such, last night he posted a meme that states"cougar titties taste like Avon lotion" and then 12 hours later is posting "He is Risen" memes!

All I can do is laugh

master.jpg

My kids are raised so your short-sighted quip is meaningless, you may now go pound sand.

Have you been neutered then? ... it's the right thing to do ... you posted that you believe anything that involves sex ... and sex leads to babies ...

Perhaps you're just not getting any ... [giggle] ... so you can be confident you've no stray children living on the dole ...

No reason to make fun of people that believe.

What I do enjoy though is a friend of mine on FB that makes many inappropriate post about women and such, last night he posted a meme that states"cougar titties taste like Avon lotion" and then 12 hours later is posting "He is Risen" memes!

All I can do is laugh
Old cougars become Def Leopards

FYI:

Easter's surprising origins

Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, in its entry "Easter," states:

"The term ‘Easter' is not of Christian origin. It is another form of Astarte, one of the titles of the Chaldean goddess, the queen of heaven. The festival of Pasch [Passover] held by Christians in post-apostolic times was a continuation of the Jewish feast . . . From this Pasch the pagan festival of ‘Easter' was quite distinct and was introduced into the apostate Western religion, as part of the attempt to adapt pagan festivals to Christianity".
Easter was a pagan festival, originating in the worship of other gods, and was introduced much later into an apostate Christianity in a deliberate attempt to make such festivals acceptable. Moreover, Easter was very different from the Old Testament Passover or the Passover of the New Testament as understood and practiced by the early Church based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and the apostles.
How does The Catholic Encyclopedia define Easter? "Easter: The English term, according to the [eighth-century monk] Bede, relates to Eostre, a Teutonic goddess of the rising light of day and spring, which deity, however, is otherwise unknown . . ." (1909, Vol. 5, p. 224). Eostre is the ancient European name for the same goddess worshipped by the Babylonians as Astarte or Ishtar, goddess of fertility, whose major celebration was in the spring of the year.

Many credible sources substantiate the fact that Easter became a substitute festival for the Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread.
The subtopic "Easter Eggs" tells us that "the custom [of Easter eggs] may have its origin in paganism, for a great many pagan customs, celebrating the return of spring, gravitated to Easter" (ibid., p. 227).

The subtopic "Easter Rabbit" states that "the rabbit is a pagan symbol and has always been an emblem of fertility" (ibid.).

Author Greg Dues, in his book Catholic Customs and Traditions, elaborates on the symbolism of eggs in ancient pre-Christian cultures: "The egg has become a popular Easter symbol. Creation myths of many ancient peoples center in a cosmogenic egg from which the universe is born.

"In ancient Egypt and Persia friends exchanged decorated eggs at the spring equinox, the beginning of their New Year. These eggs were a symbol of fertility for them because the coming forth of a live creature from an egg was so surprising to people of ancient times. Christians of the Near East adopted this tradition, and the Easter egg became a religious symbol. It represented the tomb from which Jesus came forth to new life" (1992, p. 101).
British historian Sir James Frazer notes how Easter symbolism and rites, along with other pagan customs and celebrations, entered into the established Roman church:

"Taken altogether, the coincidences of the Christian with the heathen festivals are too close and too numerous to be accidental. They mark the compromise which the Church in the hour of its triumph was compelled to make with its vanquished yet still dangerous rivals [the empire's competing pagan religions].
In short, to broaden the appeal of the new religion of Christianity in those early centuries, the powerful Roman religious authorities, with the backing of the Roman Empire, simply co-opted the rites and practices of pagan religions, relabeled them as "Christian" and created a new brand of Christianity with customs and teachings far removed from the Church Jesus founded.

Whatever your views are about Christianity or religion, I see nothing wrong with a celebration of life and renewal. Humanity has done so for thousands of year, so don't be a party pooper. Live and let live.

Have you been neutered then? ... it's the right thing to do ... you posted that you believe anything that involves sex ... and sex leads to babies ...

Perhaps you're just not getting any ... [giggle] ... so you can be confident you've no stray children living on the dole ...
There is a way to avoid getting them pregnant, make them gargle.

Forum List

Back