I Don't Understand Anyone Who Opposes The New Law

Big-A-

Mar 2, 2010
Sure profiling can be a bad thing and can be abused by some and possibly also make some people uncomfortable because of the generalization when it comes to who looks like they could be illegal or not....

But, how can any person in this country who pays taxes, and who's future is being sacrificed by the debt we're in, oppose the idea of keeping people out of this country who aren't here legally and who are being a burden on our society...

Tell me , how is racial profiling "BAD"? Call me the devil's advocate. If the shoe fits...Most illegal aliens are Hispanic, Latino or Chicano. They are Mexicans, and they aren’t shy about it. Mexican cultural imperialism, that’s what it is. Like the 800 lb gorilla in the room, all these social reform advocates want us to pretend we don’t notice.

Tell me , how is racial profiling "BAD"? Call me the devil's advocate. If the shoe fits...Most illegal aliens are Hispanic, Latino or Chicano. They are Mexicans, and they aren’t shy about it. Mexican cultural imperialism, that’s what it is. Like the 800 lb gorilla in the room, all these social reform advocates want us to pretend we don’t notice.

I completely agree.

Well, in this case, since a huge proportion of our LEGAL population is Mexican, it isn't much of an elimination tool all by itself.

Sure profiling can be a bad thing and can be abused by some and possibly also make some people uncomfortable because of the generalization when it comes to who looks like they could be illegal or not....

But, how can any person in this country who pays taxes, and who's future is being sacrificed by the debt we're in, oppose the idea of keeping people out of this country who aren't here legally and who are being a burden on our society...

Legal Mexicans who will be asked for their paperz. They will look just as illegal until they produce them and that is not the America I know.

I dont care about racial profiling at all.. But I do care about violation of peoples' rights.

Even though I like the premise of the Arizona law, I cannot support it because it is unconstitutional. Im a caucasian male, and yet the law could theoretically have me arrested for failing to produce my papers even if Im minding my own business walking down a public sidewalk.

I dont care about racial profiling at all.. But I do care about violation of peoples' rights.

Even though I like the premise of the Arizona law, I cannot support it because it is unconstitutional. Im a caucasian male, and yet the law could theoretically have me arrested for failing to produce my papers even if Im minding my own business walking down a public sidewalk.

And exactly how do you figure THAT? And while you're at it, I'd be fascinated to hear how you get "Unconstitutional" out of something that was very carefully crafted with that very opposing argument in mind.

There is nothing wrong with the law it is molded along the lines of federal immigration law. Read the law, you will see that media and special interest groups have greatly distorted it's intent. I can't post a link to the version of the Bill that the Arizona governor signed. I'm still working on that 15 posts before I can post a link rule. As soon as I get it out of the way I'll be back and post that link.

Here is that link to Bill 1070 that the Arizona Governor signed last moth. At the top of the page it will tell you what the colored text is all about. She sent it back once for changes before she would sign it. HERE

That's not true. If it was true, I would agree with you. Seems to me, you've been misled by the media.... The media misleading people.... that's something that doesn't happen much... except that it does happen every day.

There was a discussion about this on this board "papers" is actually an old-fashioned term in this computer era. Police can check data bases as well if someone is not carrying their license or other form of ID. And all you need is one of several acceptable forms of ID. There are plenty of illegals with licenses. They will still be safe from the big, bad police - unless they are committing another crime - which is why people will be stopped in the first place.

Also - there are stiff penalties for police who overstep their authority. That in and of itself should prevent profiling.

As for the OP - opponents are few. They just have really big mouths.

I could see someone calling this profiling if there was just some mexicans in Az, but more than half the people are mexican so no its not racial profiling, it is the enforcement of a law finally being enforced.

Legal Mexicans who will be asked for their paperz. They will look just as illegal until they produce them and that is not the America I know.

What papers are those Zona? A valid drivers license, a green card? I am a white male with French and Spanish ancestry who was born here, whose parents were born here whose parents were born here, I pay my taxes and work hard for a living and yet I was stopped for no reason the other night in my car.......... guess what, I was asked for my driver's license, proof of insurance, and registration for the car I was driving. If, when the cop put my license into his computer and the information would have come back that it was invalid, I would have had to prove who I was........... doesn't bother me at all. I'm 56 years old and I have been stopped plenty of times, I always had to show my driver's license, why should it be such an imposition for Americans with Mexican ancestry?

I always carry an ID, it's just not a big deal, people that have a problem with it obviously have something to hide. What do you have to hide Zona?

We're in North America, Where are you.

So cops can't pull us over in America for speeding anymore?

Because it may embarrass us?

Gee, that's not the America I know!!!!

Or going to get ice-cream.

I would say the Preident and AG spoke "stupidly". Maybe Brewer and Obama can sit down for a beer summit.

You got that right.

Seems like they pulled the cork on a nasty bottle of something and can't or won't put the damned thing back in.

This is what happens when your President doesn't feel the need to hide his own prejudices from the public.....literally exposing himself as a bigot.

What was the motive...?

Could be the fact that his poll numbers were tanking and he needed to do some race-baiting to reverse the trend. Now they claim it worked and his approval numbers are back up to 50%.

Last edited:
I'll be damned if I am forced to carry ID with me to walk down the street, in this land of the free....

I will NEVER accept this....till the day I die....

New Topics

Forum List

Back