I Don't Like The "Shift" In MLB....

are you saying american like baseball because they cant hit their wife because of law ?

I'm saying none of you raghead punks could whip your wife in a fistfight so you gang-jump them with clubs and helmets like the cowards you are. I kinda hope you do shoot a nuke at Israel....after they shoot it down, they'll turn your pervert kingdom into a carpet of black glass.
but my girlfriend always beat me.:rolleyes:

Here's another thing, unrelated to the shift, since we have some baseball minds here........

Say an offense has decent runners on the corners with less than two outs. Runner at 1B takes off on the pitch. Upon seeing the catcher throw to 2B, shouldn't that runner on third automatically break for the plate?

You see it once in a while and it seems to always work. Ball's gotta go P to C to 2B and back to C. That should be enough time for anybody. I think Ryan Howard could make it. We should see this more often. Whether the first runner gets thrown out or not, you have a run.

The Infielder will see it and rush forward to receive the throw from Catcher, firing it right back. They will get them or they would be doing it. Or the Catcher will "sniff it out" and bluff the throw to 2B. The runner on 3rd is a dead duck. With two outs? Weak hitter up? Maybe they would give it a try.

In Lower Leagues or Softball the Pitcher cuts it off and the runner on 3rd is dead duck.

They don't even do the suicide squeeze or safety squeeze with runner on 3rd (bunt).
I think I would try that more.

That's why the runner on 3rd must wait to be sure the throw (a) is made at all, (b) is enroute to 2B without interception (make sure no pitcher or infielder is angling to catch the throw except to cover second) before breaking for the plate. At that point the ball has not yet arrived at 2B and the runner is already coming home. The 2B or SS has to (1) receive the throw, which (2) must be accurate, (2a) make the tag (or skip it if he has the presence of mind) and then (3) make the throw 127 feet back home, which (4) also must be accurate. That's a lot of things that have to go exactly right in a short time while all the baserunner has to do is break for the plate. I like the chances.

And no I wouldn't do this with 2 outs. If the runner's out at second you don't get a run. That's why I said with less that two out -- if your 1B runner gets gunned down --- you still have a run.

Here's one where the SS does see it coming, jumps in front of the bag to cut off the throw and lets the baserunner have second in the effort to cut down the run. He can't.

In another game the catcher who got burned here Carlos Ruíz, who has never been a fast runner, himself executed the steal of home as a baserunner.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back