I dont give a shit!

This busines of forgiving loans after 20 years, or whatever it is. Was 25 I think, Obama is changing it to 20. I can see extending it to 30 or 40, with no change in the rate, but to just wipe it away is wrong. It creates the appearance of pandering to the young voters, at the expense of the taxpayers. The federal gov't shouldn't be in the business of student loans in the 1st place, in any capacity. But if they are then they shouldn't be allowing anybody to skate out of their responsibilities to pay it back.

Some of us are just naturally gifted with huge boobs. Boobs don't care if you are straight or gay..... they just ARE.

Sorry. I didn't intend my comment to be personal. I just don't like GARGANTAN mammaries like the ones mudwhistle seems to be into.

Just my personal taste. No comment meant to you in any way.

The word is gargantuan. Teacher. I bet you call the library the 'liberry.'

I understood what she meant.

When it comes to breasts Gargantuan is subjective.

This busines of forgiving loans after 20 years, or whatever it is. Was 25 I think, Obama is changing it to 20. I can see extending it to 30 or 40, with no change in the rate, but to just wipe it away is wrong. It creates the appearance of pandering to the young voters, at the expense of the taxpayers. The federal gov't shouldn't be in the business of student loans in the 1st place, in any capacity. But if they are then they shouldn't be allowing anybody to skate out of their responsibilities to pay it back.

Nobody will have to pay for more than 20 years, but if you are in designated public sector jobs; i.e. government jobs, you will only have to pay for 10 years and then all remaining debt is forgiven. Plus all can refinance their loans at a lower discount rate which will further put pressure on financial institutions or the government will have to step up to guarantee or provide the loans. Obama cites this all as a multi-billion dollar savings. For those borrowing yes. For the taxpayer, no.

:ack-1:

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

And i still don't give a shit about the little wankers whining about THEIR student loans.

When I read his post earlier, I thought he said "happy" fest. I couldn't figure that out!

:lol:

I guess you are a harpy becasue you think they should have to pay for the loans they signed on the dotted line for.

Its not as if they are going to have their homes taken away and be put out on the streets or their car repossessed in the dark of night.

All it really means is that they will

:ack-1:

have to pay back their loans.

Now, it's more of the attacking a poster's personal vocation and wishing that their SS is pulled because of a simple disagreement on a message board.

You ladies are usually better than that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxcZmRlDqZ0]Mean Girls - funny scenes. - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry.... fuck them

Are home loans forgiven after 10 or 20 years.... oh hell no.

I don't care of the loan is for their whole lives.... they should be made to pay it back.

Bitch and moan threads sure are popular.:lol: Just pick some group to say "fuck em" to, and off we go.

Ya know what, i really don't give a flying shit about your college debts!

I am sick of their whining about the money THEY borrowed. No one forced them to go to college. No one forced them to borrow money.

They signed on the bottom line knowing full well how much they borrowed and that they would have to pay it back.... tough damn shit. It sucks paying your bills.

I agree.

No one forced them to borrow the money or go to college so no one else should be forced to pay those debt for people either.

I wonder if they will send retro-checks to people who were responsible and paid off their loans in the interest of fairness? Or is this about greed and envy instead of fairness?

Bitch and moan threads sure are popular.:lol: Just pick some group to say "fuck em" to, and off we go.

yep... and i am going to rant away.

I have a great idea. No more student loans. How about that. Nothing to pay back, no more debt to whine about.

works for me.

You know who else doesn't give a shit?

The Honey Badger.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg]The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger (original narration by Randall) - YouTube[/ame]

I have a great idea. No more student loans. How about that. Nothing to pay back, no more debt to whine about.

works for me.

I have no problem with student loans. I have no problem with the government guaranteeing the difference between the prevailing interest rate and a lower rate provided the government does not let people off the hook who default on their loans so that the risk to the taxpayer is minimal.

I have a HUGE problem with the government requiring me to put somebody else through college. My son and his wife are driving their old cars as long as they can, giving up vacations and other fun things, and cutting back on other expenses as much as they can so that their daughter, my granddaughter, will not rack up a huge debt while going to college. And she is also expected to carry a full class load, keep her grades up, and be willing to take whatever work is available during long recesses and over the summer. Hombre and I are not in a position to help a lot but we help as much as we can with that project.

Our just recently next door neighbor is a single mom who can't help a lot with college expenses so her daughter, a super neat kid, is living at home to save on expenses but is working full time to fund her night school classes.

To suggest that I should pick up the tab for people who don't give up anything or sacrifice anything to attend college is infuriating.

works for me.

I have no problem with student loans. I have no problem with the government guaranteeing the difference between the prevailing interest rate and a lower rate provided the government does not let people off the hook who default on their loans so that the risk to the taxpayer is minimal.

I have a HUGE problem with the government requiring me to put somebody else through college. My son and his wife are driving their old cars as long as they can, giving up vacations and other fun things, and cutting back on other expenses as much as they can so that their daughter, my granddaughter, will not rack up a huge debt while going to college. And she is also expected to carry a full class load, keep her grades up, and be willing to take whatever work is available during long recesses and over the summer. Hombre and I are not in a position to help a lot but we help as much as we can with that project.

Our just recently next door neighbor is a single mom who can't help a lot with college expenses so her daughter, a super neat kid, is living at home to save on expenses but is working full time to fund her night school classes.

To suggest that I should pick up the tab for people who don't give up anything or sacrifice anything to attend college is infuriating.

IBR was enacted to address the number of students defaulting on their debt. If you go to college and get out into a crummy job market and work three jobs but still can't meet your monthly payment, is that the fault of the graduate? They had no way of knowing what their paycheck was going to be. It's just a pragmatic response to a problem.

Secondly, you aren't "paying" for anyone else to go to school. Your tax dollars go into a pot and are giving out via student loans. A loan is a loan. If a student defaults on their loan, they can expect the same consequences as anyone else who defaults on a loan. It's not "free money" and you aren't personally cutting the check. As it stands there is an expectation of repayment with interest that is why it is called a loan.

Stretching your loans out over 20 years is fiscally stupid. The student hasn't done themselves any favors by doing that.

works for me.

IBR was enacted to address the number of students defaulting on their debt. If you go to college and get out into a crummy job market and work three jobs but still can't meet your monthly payment, is that the fault of the graduate? They had no way of knowing what their paycheck was going to be. It's just a pragmatic response to a problem.

Secondly, you aren't "paying" for anyone else to go to school. Your tax dollars go into a pot and are giving out via student loans. A loan is a loan. If a student defaults on their loan, they can expect the same consequences as anyone else who defaults on a loan. It's not "free money" and you aren't personally cutting the check. As it stands there is an expectation of repayment with interest that is why it is called a loan.

And where is it stated you are guaranteed a job? You gamble on a job being there for you. You gamble when you take out loans.... any loans.

The wanted an education... and they got one. That is the ONLY point. Pay back what you borrowed for the education you got. Simple.

And where is it stated you are guaranteed a job? You gamble on a job being there for you. You gamble when you take out loans.... any loans.

The wanted an education... and they got one. That is the ONLY point. Pay back what you borrowed for the education you got. Simple.

On the basics I agree with what Syreen is saying here.

People need to understand the risks involved in borrowing money for anything, including education. If things don't pan out you can't just shove the responsibility of that risk onto everyone else, it still lies with the individual who took the loan to pay it back.

Not that the govt follows this logic, I mean look at the bailouts.............

So, to play devil's advocate here. We promote lower tax rates so that folks have more discretionary income to spend in the economy, which I think we can all agree, is better for the economy.

So, this, which is not really a forgiveness of default, is not much different. The government cuts their payments so that they have more discretionary income.

So, the difference is?

So, to play devil's advocate here. We promote lower tax rates so that folks have more discretionary income to spend in the economy, which I think we can all agree, is better for the economy.

So, this, which is not really a forgiveness of default, is not much different. The government cuts their payments so that they have more discretionary income.

So, the difference is?

Lowering taxes only theoretically reduces the amount government will take from people who lawfully earned it and then spend it. It does not take money away from anybody who gainfully earned that money and give it to somebody else.

Letting one person off the hook so that the tax payer then has to pony up the cash to pay a debt is something quite different. The government guarantees the loan rather than provide them so if the government forgives the debt, somebody in the private sector will take the hit or the taxpayer will.

It's like me telling you that you are not obligated to pay off your car loan and the credit union will just have to eat what they are owed. Or those other people will have to pay it for you.

If the government provides the student loans direct from the public treasury it is the same thing. So long as there are strict guidelines for number of hours taken, passing grades, etc. in order to get or defer a loan, and enforced rules for repayment of the loans, that is more acceptable to me than a lot of government programs. But if the government then forgives the loan, that comes directly out of my pocket and I resent that a lot.

Forum List

Back