What the heck is happening with Google?

While I disagree on political agenda you are absolutely right on filtering abd fewer returns. I've noticed that over time.
How could you possibly disagree there is no political agenda??
It is just a coincidence that Google responds with about 80% positive results for Joe Biden, but responds with - literally - 100% negative for Donald Trump???

Really?

How could you possibly disagree there is no political agenda??
It is just a coincidence that Google responds with about 80% positive results for Joe Biden, but responds with - literally - 100% negative for Donald Trump???

Really?
I disagree because I just did a search "Joe Biden" and "Donald Trump" to test it. Both had quite a few negative stories in the first tier of choices, then lower down a mix of positive Twitter, social media, and official sites, then a lot of general biographical sites. Both exhibited about the same mix of positive and negative.

What is noteworthy is the choice of sources coming up, first tier a variety of news sources, both msn and non, then Twitter X, Instagram but not much other social media. They probably pay.

Your Google is broken. I put my landline number in Google and the first hit returned a page with my full name, address, age, gender, date of birth, wife's name, a previous phone number from 1999, three previous addresses, a previous email address, a previous wife's name, age, and city of residence, the names of four current neighbors, three of whom I don't even know, and more information if you joined their consumer reporting agency.
Good Lord, Galt! I know google was supposed to be the "be all to end all" of search engines at one time, you are online as much as I am, and still walking around like the emperor with no clothes, or a goldfish in a fish bowl, and all for the benefit of Google.:omg:

Good Lord, Galt! I know google was supposed to be the "be all to end all" of search engines at one time, you are online as much as I am, and still walking around like the emperor with no clothes, or a goldfish in a fish bowl, and all for the benefit of Google.:omg:
Move over, Galt. fellow goldfish, your bubbles are going up my ass. We haven't had a landline since I retired at 60, no longer needing a fax line from the house. The info in first return was far less, and much of it incorrect, but yes, I too, am far more visible on the grid than I knew. It immediately gave my full name & age, address, my mother and father's names, (her age at death and had dad resurrected at the ripe old age of 107, which would be correct if still alive. It listing a previous employer (as if I was still there and my job title), and an alternate phone number (phone number to a corporate HQ, I worked for years, years ago (though I was never assigned to actually work at corporate HQ, but had the name of the corporate president as an associate. My wife's full name, age, our kids names and ages (though one of the twins is now,s somehow 5 years older than the other?). It knew the property tax assessment and square footage of our home and supplied a full color satellite photo of our it since the pool was put in 6 years ago, and like yours would supply full info (including my non-existent criminal record for a fee. That tax assessment, BTW, was just changed to the figure listed this year, and I only got the notice of the increase, myself, last month.

Move over, Galt. fellow goldfish, your bubbles are going up my ass. We haven't had a landline since I retired at 60, no longer needing a fax line from the house. The info in first return was far less, and much of it incorrect, but yes, I too, am far more visible on the grid than I knew. It immediately gave my full name & age, address, my mother and father's names, (her age at death and had dad resurrected at the ripe old age of 107, which would be correct if still alive. It listing a previous employer (as if I was still there and my job title), and an alternate phone number (phone number to a corporate HQ, I worked for years, years ago (though I was never assigned to actually work at corporate HQ, but had the name of the corporate president as an associate. My wife's full name, age, our kids names and ages (though one of the twins is now,s somehow 5 years older than the other?). It knew the property tax assessment and square footage of our home and supplied a full color satellite photo of our it since the pool was put in 6 years ago, and like yours would supply full info (including my non-existent criminal record for a fee. That tax assessment, BTW, was just changed to the figure listed this year, and I only got the notice of the increase, myself, last month.
WOW

Kind of spooky. I never google and have not since since early 2000s. It also knew the last university, I attended, degree, and year of graduation.:rolleyes:

What the heck has happened with Google? Now when I search hardly anything comes up. I got a text that is likely phishing or scam so I searched the phone number and only got a few foreign sites and no phone number searches at all. It is weird. It was a dozen entries in total. Where I used to get thousands of results, now it is dozens with about 50% "sponsored".

I am not a happy customer. Maybe I should go full Karen on them.
Google is leftist leaning what do you expect? They want to control the narrative so you leftists will react as the deep state sees fit.

Shocking how little privacy we have any more.

What the heck has happened with Google? Now when I search hardly anything comes up. I got a text that is likely phishing or scam so I searched the phone number and only got a few foreign sites and no phone number searches at all. It is weird. It was a dozen entries in total. Where I used to get thousands of results, now it is dozens with about 50% "sponsored".

Have you eaten glue and rocks, and did they stay stuck together in your tummy?

Google’s A.I. Search Errors Cause a Furor Online​

The company’s latest A.I. search feature has erroneously told users to eat glue and rocks, provoking a backlash among users.

May 24, 2024
Last week, Google unveiled its biggest change to search in years, showcasing new artificial intelligence capabilities that answer people’s questions in the company’s attempt to catch up to rivals Microsoft and OpenAI.
The new technology has since generated a litany of untruths and errors — including recommending glue as part of a pizza recipe and the ingesting of rocks for nutrients — giving a black eye to Google and causing a furor online.

You should blow Google off, and use DuckDuckGo. You are probably the victim of their new Artificial Intelligence. The Duck can get you the answers you need and isn't nearly as snoopy as Google. I dumped them a long time ago.
DuckDuckGo

I had a friend who was using that waaay back in the oughts(?).

DuckDuckGo

I had a friend who was using that waaay back in the oughts(?).
I recommend FireFox Browser, also. You don't have to favor the great Satins of the world by freely sharing everything you do, look at, look up, etc. There is no upside to doing so. Being linked ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Better you go Karen on them than us.

This is google AI search.

They've got the "A" part down but no so much on the "I".

As I indicated above, they are disappearing returns. Started in March and then was expanded a couple days ago. A lot of businesses are losing money because google is redirecting searches away from their sites. Supposedly part of the reasoning is that there were too many sites clogging up returns by optimizing their sites to land higher in the google returns than they should have been. Might as well start using Bing.
Bing has been a disaster from day one.

You should blow Google off, and use DuckDuckGo. You are probably the victim of their new Artificial Intelligence. The Duck can get you the answers you need and isn't nearly as snoopy as Google. I dumped them a long time ago.
Duck Duck Go is just Google lite these days. The quality is way down.

Duck Duck Go is just Google lite these days. The quality is way down.
Still, they are not as snoopy and ads do not follow me around the internet, as I serf, like back in the days of Google.

Forum List

Back