I don't get the logic of trying to restrict Muslims already here

I totally get restricting Muslims coming into the US from the terror exporting countries Trump identified. No one has the right to come here and the first job of the Federal government is to protect the American people. We know and ISIS is saying they are putting plants in the emigres.

However, I don't get the logic of how trying to do things like register Muslims already here is going to lead to fewer terrorist attacks.

For example, the attack on the Brussels airport was on the airport because the terrorists were targeting France and they realized the government was closing in on them so they picked an alternative target.

The number of Muslims who would attack us are a tiny percent of the ones here. Obviously the ones who want to stay here and live here would comply even if they resent it. The ones who do want to attack us would move up their attack like Brussels or hide with family and friends or maybe they just register if they have nothing in their background. The San Bernardino shooters could have registered and it would have solved nothing.

Again the point of this question is just strategically, how does this help us? It is not a question of being "fair." I don't get how it works

It makes as much sense as WWII internment camps did, none at all.

This is all part of a larger effort of the power structure to target an outgroup for the masses to focus their frustration on. This power structure at this juncture knows full well it has lost all semblance of legitimacy. The economic system is predatory and no longer has any ties to production, goods/services, work, or a healthy society. The attention and focus of “the people” must be directed elsewhere less the masses turn their anxiety and gaze toward the system itself and question it. Ours is still an authoritarian colonial societal wealth extraction paradigm.

Blah blah, Marxist rhetoric, blah blah

Pretty lame way out, but it sure gets you away from dealing with concepts and ideas.

Actually I'm pointing out that's what you are doing. When you respond to a post with Marxist rhetoric, what sort of answer are you expecting?

Labels are so handy aren't they.

I did read it and you seem to be talking about possible adverse consequences of a Muslim registry, so it is relevant to say there is no Muslim registry.

OK, since you're not following the news, I'll explain it to you.

Trump and Republicans have talked a lot about how to protect us from terrorists immigrating here and attacking us. Many of the proposals make sense to me. The registry and trying to restrict Muslims already here doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how we do those things and they lead to a reduction in terror for a terrorist who's already here.

So I asked anyone who supports those limits to explain it to me.

Your comment that there is currently no registry is in every way irrelevant to that question. No shit Dick Tracey, I know there's currently no registry. Saying that casts no information on anything in my OP which never said there was
As far as I know there was one mention of a possible Muslim registry during the campaign and no mentions of restricting any activities of Muslims, so it's just not clear what it is you are worried about.
Then we both agree there should be no registry on Muslims here. Good.
lol Pretty much everyone agrees on that, Don Quixote.

So if you agree with me on that, then shouldn't you want those who support it to explain it like I asked instead of just repeating your mantra it hasn't happened and you don't want to talk about it? Speaking of which, since you post over and over you don't want to talk about it, why are you here in this thread? Is your opinion so sainted that it's important we all know you don't want to talk about it?
As far as I know, no one wants a Muslim registry or any kind of special restrictions on Muslims.

There is no logic. It's all based on irrational fear, bigotry, and xenophobia. The U.S. has always been this way. The only thing that changes over time is the targeted group.

Oh yeah, the logic is there. Repub logic that is. Since 9/11 we've been waging Israels wars for them for no more reason than a matter of convince for Israel. First it was Iraq, than Syria. Next on the list is Iran.

I did read it and you seem to be talking about possible adverse consequences of a Muslim registry, so it is relevant to say there is no Muslim registry.

Trump and Republicans have talked a lot about how to protect us from terrorists immigrating here and attacking us. Many of the proposals make sense to me. The registry and trying to restrict Muslims already here doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how we do those things and they lead to a reduction in terror for a terrorist who's already here.

Your comment that there is currently no registry is in every way irrelevant to that question. No shit Dick Tracey, I know there's currently no registry. Saying that casts no information on anything in my OP which never said there was
As far as I know there was one mention of a possible Muslim registry during the campaign and no mentions of restricting any activities of Muslims, so it's just not clear what it is you are worried about.

So you're a Nancy Pelosi you have to read it to find out what it says guy, huh? No bother discussing it before we do it
It's more like I'm not a chicken little kind of guy running around shouting the sky is falling.

Show anywhere I said that you fucking useless prick.

So just to be clear, you oppose a registry and you oppose someone coming out and opposing the registry and you keep posting in a thread that you say you don't care about because it hasn't happened. And I called you a useless prick. Nailed it!

Cut the trolling

So you're descending into this now, terrific.

There is no logic. It's all based on irrational fear, bigotry, and xenophobia. The U.S. has always been this way. The only thing that changes over time is the targeted group.

Oh yeah, the logic is there. Repub logic that is. Since 9/11 we've been waging Israels wars for them for no more reason than a matter of convince for Israel. First it was Iraq, than Syria. Next on the list is Iran.

• Israeli arms sales to Europe grew from $724M in 2014 to $1.63B in 2015
  • Although the size of New Jersey Israel is one of the top 10 arms dealing nations in the world
  • Israel produces 60% of all drones worldwide and sells to over 50 countries, at times selling to both sides of a given conflict, and Israel fueled the drones arms race between India and Pakistan
Palestine is an open air weapons testing and crowd control laboratory with Palestinians being used in the development phase; Gaza is a lab of mass destruction. US super bunker busters were supplied to the Israelis in 2014 and investors stock shot up; war is just business after all.

The “War in Terror” has been a boon to the industry, you’ve seen what amounts to advertisement in every “news” outlet, we are being whipped up into a frenzy once again. The industry also pioneers crowd control research on the Palestinians, and Israel is involved in the training of American forces and law enforcement. We see this in the militarization of our own police departments, Ferguson was but one example of how our system is prepping to Palestinianize our own population, and in fact Ferguson now has Israeli developed/sold skunk spray post the Ferguson events, although no incidents have yet been reported of use on American streets. It’s pretty clear that the Israeli occupation style power structure is moving toward the same in America; a warehousing of the poor in a post industrial age with diminishing living wage jobs and privatized for profit prisons complete with a return to convict leasing.

Much of the security monitoring and mass surveillance technologies are also produced in Israel and sold across the globe. “Targeted assassination” was invented in Israel, which Obama was quite fond of. Abu Ghraib torture methods? Israel.

The US and Israel are not allies. The US and Israeli arms dealers are allies, and war is the business they are both in. We are all collateral damage.

So you're a Nancy Pelosi you have to read it to find out what it says guy, huh? No bother discussing it before we do it
It's more like I'm not a chicken little kind of guy running around shouting the sky is falling.

So just to be clear, you oppose a registry and you oppose someone coming out and opposing the registry and you keep posting in a thread that you say you don't care about because it hasn't happened. And I called you a useless prick. Nailed it!

Cut the trolling
You are warning about something that doesn't exist and that won't exist because no one wants it.

You need to take a pill.

I totally get restricting Muslims coming into the US from the terror exporting countries Trump identified. No one has the right to come here and the first job of the Federal government is to protect the American people. We know and ISIS is saying they are putting plants in the emigres.

However, I don't get the logic of how trying to do things like register Muslims already here is going to lead to fewer terrorist attacks.

For example, the attack on the Brussels airport was on the airport because the terrorists were targeting France and they realized the government was closing in on them so they picked an alternative target.

The number of Muslims who would attack us are a tiny percent of the ones here. Obviously the ones who want to stay here and live here would comply even if they resent it. The ones who do want to attack us would move up their attack like Brussels or hide with family and friends or maybe they just register if they have nothing in their background. The San Bernardino shooters could have registered and it would have solved nothing.

Again the point of this question is just strategically, how does this help us? It is not a question of being "fair." I don't get how it works
As long as there are mosques that can radicalize Muslims, even those of a second generation, we have to be practical. We want to see their passports, where they have been traveling and for how long.

OK, and then in the OP I ask you how that works. We do that, then what happens that leads to fewer attacks from people who are already here?
Those who register will have passports examined and found to be visiting places of ISIS training camps for extended periods of time could be investigated and followed to see if there are plots in the making. We also need moles inside of mosques, in my opinion.

Moles in mosques I absolutely get. If someone visits places with ISIS training camps, I agree with looking for that. But would then need to register as a Muslim to do that? They should be wondering about anyone who travels to those places? And most would have Muslim names anyway and if they don't they probably didn't register. Again, I agree with your objective, but I don't see how registering helps

• Although the size of New Jersey Israel is one of the top 10 arms dealing nations in the world
  • Israel produces 60% of all drones worldwide and sells to over 50 countries, at times selling to both sides of a given conflict, and Israel fueled the drones arms race between India and Pakistan
Palestine is an open air weapons testing and crowd control laboratory with Palestinians being used in the development phase; Gaza is a lab of mass destruction. US super bunker busters were supplied to the Israelis in 2014 and investors stock shot up; war is just business after all.

The “War in Terror” has been a boon to the industry, you’ve seen what amounts to advertisement in every “news” outlet, we are being whipped up into a frenzy once again. The industry also pioneers crowd control research on the Palestinians, and Israel is involved in the training of American forces and law enforcement. We see this in the militarization of our own police departments, Ferguson was but one example of how our system is prepping to Palestinianize our own population, and in fact Ferguson now has Israeli developed/sold skunk spray post the Ferguson events, although no incidents have yet been reported of use on American streets. It’s pretty clear that the Israeli occupation style power structure is moving toward the same in America; a warehousing of the poor in a post industrial age with diminishing living wage jobs and privatized for profit prisons complete with a return to convict leasing.

Much of the security monitoring and mass surveillance technologies are also produced in Israel and sold across the globe. “Targeted assassination” was invented in Israel, which Obama was quite fond of. Abu Ghraib torture methods? Israel.

The US and Israel are not allies. The US and Israeli arms dealers are allies, and war is the business they are both in. We are all collateral damage.

Yes we are collateral damage.

Cut the trolling
You are warning about something that doesn't exist and that won't exist because no one wants it.

You need to take a pill.

I'm putting you on ignore for trolling. It's not a permanent ban, I'll take you off ignore once I'm done discussing this thread that you are intent on derailing even though you agree with my OP

Jew bastards, if they would only do the decent thing and die

There is none. It was just a stupid idea among many stupid ideas that came out during the campaign. However, there is heightened surveillance of Muslim communities and there will be in the future because there is concern there may be some parts of these communities that encourage ideologies that lead to terrorism.
I support that just as I support heightened surveillance of extreme right wing groups that encourage ideologies that might lead to acts of terrorism.

Might lead? What rightwing groups have committed terrorist attacks? I can guess your answer, but I will leave you to your answer to be sure.

Have a nice day, you're clearly not interested in being coherent today.

Then we both agree there should be no registry on Muslims here. Good.
lol Pretty much everyone agrees on that, Don Quixote.

So if you agree with me on that, then shouldn't you want those who support it to explain it like I asked instead of just repeating your mantra it hasn't happened and you don't want to talk about it? Speaking of which, since you post over and over you don't want to talk about it, why are you here in this thread? Is your opinion so sainted that it's important we all know you don't want to talk about it?
I don't care for an explanation of those who support a registry. Let them write all they want. They are wrong.

And I am here in the thread because it is my right to be here and I like directing your thinking.

Ah, you have read the fake news.

There is no muslim ban. Only foreign citizens of the countries US is in war with (for example) are not welcome.

As for logic, muslims commit 99.9% of terrorist attacks, and these places are 3rd world hell holes (meaning rape, theft murder). Do you want to turn into a 3rd world country?

RIGHT-WING EXTREMISTS ARE A BIGGER THREAT TO AMERICA THAN ISIS
Right-Wing Extremists Are a Bigger Threat to America Than ISIS

I can always count on you to bring up radical leftist hyperbole. Thanks for that contribution to the discussion, I was getting worried we wouldn't have it this time.

Speaking of hysteria, how's your campaign to make our government a rigid intolerant theocracy where hos don't display skin because it makes you horny? Burkas would really do it for you, huh?

So now you think verified numbers are radical leftist hyperbole. My post was in response to the totally false claim that 99.9% of all terrorism is by Muslims. Was that hyperbole? Did you comment on that? As far as your 2nd paragraph, that is truly a work of your ridiculous imagination. Something that Carl Rove would be proud of.

Cut the trolling

You need to take a pill.

I'm putting you on ignore for trolling. It's not a permanent ban, I'll take you off ignore once I'm done discussing this thread that you are intent on derailing even though you agree with my OP
lol Ca't take the heat? Ok.

It's actually a valid and rational concern many have after seeing what's been happening in countries that have opened their borders to help these people.

genuises3.png

Last edited:
There is none. It was just a stupid idea among many stupid ideas that came out during the campaign. However, there is heightened surveillance of Muslim communities and there will be in the future because there is concern there may be some parts of these communities that encourage ideologies that lead to terrorism.
I support that just as I support heightened surveillance of extreme right wing groups that encourage ideologies that might lead to acts of terrorism.

Might lead? What rightwing groups have committed terrorist attacks? I can guess your answer, but I will leave you to your answer to be sure.
Timothy McVeigh comes to mind.

In order to restrict and/or monitor he movements and actions of Muslims inside the U.S., one must know the individuals are indeed Muslim and then have some means to enforce the restrictions on movement and so forth. Requiring Muslims to register facilitates that.

What is shocking is this:
  • People actually have the nerve to deny the similarity in approach between Hitler and Trump. How can people not recall that while HItler required all Germans to have identity documents, only Jews had their faith indicated on their documents, thereby establishing a basis for knowing who was Jewish and where to find/look for them, right down to the person. Establishing a means and mode for specifically identifying Jews was literally the second step in Hitler's establishing the structural tools needed later to eradicate Jews from Germany. What was the first step? Removing Jews from the government's employ.

Looking at this registry thing in concert with Trump's announced plan to stem all federal hiring except security forces and military, one has to wonder whether the man is about to create his own version of the SS/SA. I mean really. If there's any legitimacy to the notion that one's Muslimness makes one a security threat, thus Muslims must register themselves, it stands to reason that they must then be monitored as there's no way to know which of them is indeed a threat. That's going to require a huge increase in federal, state and local law enforcement organizations.

One need only look at the evolution of the SS and SA under HItler, along with the considerably shorter tenure available to Trump to see that he's going to have to act very swiftly to do such a thing. Just last week, Trump suspended government hiring of all but security and military (and other essential personnel roles). That move frees up money to higher more enforcers. Those people will necessarily owe their jobs to Trump's policy.

I don't imagine Trump will go so far as killing Muslims in death camps, but I suspect he's going to vastly increase the ICE payroll and lawfully or unlawfully deport all sorts of folks, not just Muslims and Mexicans.
  • The U.S. is supposed to be a nation that operates and implements policy without regard to religion. I don't even see how mandating that Muslim's register themselves is even Constitutionally permissible.

Have a nice day, you're clearly not interested in being coherent today.

What I am saying is completely clear. Your responding to posts with endless Marxist rhetoric gets tired. It doesn't mean anything

Forum List

Back