Back From Syria: Syrian People Desperately Want Peace: They Don't Support US Regime Change Policy...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Written by Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hi)

As much of Washington prepared for the inauguration of President Donald Trump, I spent last week on a fact-finding mission in Syria and Lebanon to see and hear directly from the Syrian people. Their lives have been consumed by a horrific war that has killed hundreds of thousands of Syrians and forced millions to flee their homeland in search of peace.

It is clear now more than ever: this regime change war does not serve America’s interest, and it certainly isn’t in the interest of the Syrian people.

I traveled throughout Damascus and Aleppo, listening to Syrians from different parts of the country. I met with displaced families from the eastern part of Aleppo, Raqqah, Zabadani, Latakia, and the outskirts of Damascus. I met Syrian opposition leaders who led protests in 2011, widows and children of men fighting for the government and widows of those fighting against the government. I met Lebanon’s newly-elected President Aoun and Prime Minister Hariri, U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon Elizabeth Richard, Syrian President Assad, Grand Mufti Hassoun, Archbishop Denys Antoine Chahda of Syrian Catholic Church of Aleppo, Muslim and Christian religious leaders, humanitarian workers, academics, college students, small business owners, and more...

Read More:
The Syrian People Desperately Want Peace

If that were the case, you would think they would be thrilled to be taken in by other countries. At yet:

Here are some more "thankful" refugees.

These aren't refugees. They are Muslim terrorists spreading worldwide. They left their woman and children behind to fight the good fight at home, while they turn into roving bands of destruction.

Did you not hear, they do not want their country taken over. What they have went through is enough to make anyone angry and upset. We ruin countries and you want them to be happy about it?

If we hadn't intervened in Syria's Civil War, it would have ended relatively quickly. And we wouldn't be seeing this massive refugee crisis. We have to end the 'Regime Change' policy. It's wrong.

As much of Washington prepared for the inauguration of President Donald Trump, I spent last week on a fact-finding mission in Syria and Lebanon to see and hear directly from the Syrian people. Their lives have been consumed by a horrific war that has killed hundreds of thousands of Syrians and forced millions to flee their homeland in search of peace.

It is clear now more than ever: this regime change war does not serve America’s interest, and it certainly isn’t in the interest of the Syrian people.

I traveled throughout Damascus and Aleppo, listening to Syrians from different parts of the country. I met with displaced families from the eastern part of Aleppo, Raqqah, Zabadani, Latakia, and the outskirts of Damascus. I met Syrian opposition leaders who led protests in 2011, widows and children of men fighting for the government and widows of those fighting against the government. I met Lebanon’s newly-elected President Aoun and Prime Minister Hariri, U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon Elizabeth Richard, Syrian President Assad, Grand Mufti Hassoun, Archbishop Denys Antoine Chahda of Syrian Catholic Church of Aleppo, Muslim and Christian religious leaders, humanitarian workers, academics, college students, small business owners, and more...

Read More:

Where were the peace making efforts on Obama's term?

He even got a peace prize, and this is how it ended up? WTF?

Now, Trump will clean the mess. First thing to do was of course to ban immigration from the area. Only an idiot would think that people would come peacefully from an area where Obamas of the world have just massacred 100,000s.

Obama and Hillary Clinton were wrong?

With or without our help, with or without our foreign policy, the Middle East is doomed. You can only survive for so long forcing Sharia Law on a population that rejects it.

If Syrian's were serious about saving their country millions of their military age men would have stayed and fought for it instead of running away like a bunch of pussies demanding some new country take care of them.

Aleppo citizens were partying hardy at their first football match in years. They are more than thankful that they were rescued by Assad and Putin from Jabhat al Nusra (AQ in Syria) who were holding them hostage.

If we hadn't intervened in Syria's Civil War, it would have ended relatively quickly. And we wouldn't be seeing this massive refugee crisis. We have to end the 'Regime Change' policy. It's wrong.

An FYI. There was never a civil war. There was never an Arab Spring. It was a hostile foreign attempt at a takeover in Syria with the CIA assisting Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Turkey to fund and arm so called rebels. But most of those fake rebels were from other countries.

Read More:
Everyone wants peace in Syria, but doubt sustainable peace is possible without a radical political reorganization that excludes Assad and most of his government. If fact, if we had acted to help get rid of Assad in 2012, much of the suffering could have been avoided.

Read More:
Everyone wants peace in Syria, but doubt sustainable peace is possible without a radical political reorganization that excludes Assad and most of his government. If fact, if we had acted to help get rid of Assad in 2012, much of the suffering could have been avoided.

Most of the the Syrian People disagree with you. 'Regime Change' is wrong. The US/West needs to end that policy.

Read More:

Bull fucking shit buddy. A sustainable peace will be when Assad clears out all the paid foreign mercenaries who invaded Syria under the guise of a rebellion. There was no Arab Spring. There was no civil war.

The CIA on record assisted Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Turkey to funnel $$$$ and weapons to the foreign mercenaries aka terrorists to overthrow Assad.

And guess who they were going to give the Syrian people. The nastiest of nastiest. The Muslim Brotherhood.

You know the same sons of mother trucking bitches who killed Coptic Christians, burned their churches and persecuted them. And went after Shia.

The Muslim Brotherhood that Obama backed. Evil assholes from hell.

Read More:

Yea, Assad was perfectly nice to his people, and then the USA made him use gas on his people.

red+line+not+crossed+yet.png

Read More:

Most of the the Syrian People disagree with you. 'Regime Change' is wrong. The US/West needs to end that policy.
It's not a question of what is right or wrong - people will always disagree on that - it is a question of whether it is possible for the groups that have been oppressed and murdered by the Assad regime to ever make peace with him. The answer is, no.

Keep in mind Assad slaughtered thousands of Sunni for peacefully demonstrating for help coping with the creeping eastern desert that had forced them from their homes. Years before his father had done the same thing. It was these acts of mass murder that gave rise to the civil war which has since morphed into a sectarian religious war between Alawites, mostly on the west coast and the majority Sunni, with Muslim fighters coming from as far away as the Russian Federation to fight on one side or the other, and the Sunni will never make peace with a government headed b Assad.

Paul is concerned with US policy which was relevant back in 2012 but which is no longer relevant unless the US can improve its relationship with Russia to the point that both nations can agree to support a new government which includes both Alawite and Sunni leaders and to keep out foreign fighters altogether.

Read More:

Bull fucking shit buddy. A sustainable peace will be when Assad clears out all the paid foreign mercenaries who invaded Syria under the guise of a rebellion. There was no Arab Spring. There was no civil war.

The CIA on record assisted Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Turkey to funnel $$$$ and weapons to the foreign mercenaries aka terrorists to overthrow Assad.

And guess who they were going to give the Syrian people. The nastiest of nastiest. The Muslim Brotherhood.

You know the same sons of mother trucking bitches who killed Coptic Christians, burned their churches and persecuted them. And went after Shia.

It was originally a civil war but it became part of the regional Sunni-Shia sectarian religious war. Assad is just a figurehead at this point. Without the Russians and Iranians he would have been gone long ago.

With or without our help, with or without our foreign policy, the Middle East is doomed. You can only survive for so long forcing Sharia Law on a population that rejects it.

The worst one, SA , is the one Trump has no issue with, Qatar and UAE also . I imagine Trump sees his family as the future American Al Saud family dynasty.

Read More:

It was originally a civil war but it became part of the regional Sunni-Shia sectarian religious war. Assad is just a figurehead at this point. Without the Russians and Iranians he would have been gone long ago.

Right from the get go the so called rebels were stacked with foreign mercenaries. It was a Sunni led invasion. Not a civil war.

The FSA which was the so called moderate rebel group were working with al Nusra (AQ in Syria) and ISIS from the beginning.

Cripes the main military commander of ISIS for all their initial victories was from Chechny for crying out loud. Sunni mercenaries from over 80 countries poured into Syria.

THAT'S what you call a fucking invasion. When you have an estimated 25,000 foreign militants it is not a freaking rebellion.

The MB were poised to take over.

Read More:

Right from the get go the so called rebels were stacked with foreign mercenaries. It was a Sunni led invasion. Not a civil war.

The FSA which was the so called moderate rebel group were working with al Nusra (AQ in Syria) and ISIS from the beginning.

Cripes the main military commander of ISIS for all their initial victories was from Chechny for crying out loud. Sunni mercenaries from over 80 countries poured into Syria.

THAT'S what you call a fucking invasion. When you have an estimated 25,000 foreign militants it is not a freaking rebellion.

The MB were poised to take over.

Yes, the article shows how most Syrians don't support the US 'Regime Change' attempt. It's caused so much horrific carnage. It's why they've agreed on excluding the US/West from peace negotiations.

This was never a civil war. It was an invasion by Sunni terrorists. Assad was telling the truth. Tired of all the freaking bullshit the media puts out there over Syria.

Islamist fighters drawn from half the world's countries, says UN
Report says there are more than 25,000 ‘foreign terrorist fighters’ from 100 countries in jihadi conflicts, who pose an ‘immediate and long-term threat’

Islamist fighters drawn from half the world's countries, says UN

The worst one, SA , is the one Trump has no issue with, Qatar and UAE also . I imagine Trump sees his family as the future American Al Saud family dynasty.
Time will tell, unfortunately, Trump is not a politician and has no record of politics to make a judgment upon.

It is time for somebody to point out these repressive tyrannical regimes. Certainly developing our own Oil shows Trump will not be beholden to Saudi Arabia or any other Middle Eastern Oil producing country.

Forum List

Back