I don't get the logic of trying to restrict Muslims already here

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
I totally get restricting Muslims coming into the US from the terror exporting countries Trump identified. No one has the right to come here and the first job of the Federal government is to protect the American people. We know and ISIS is saying they are putting plants in the emigres.

However, I don't get the logic of how trying to do things like register Muslims already here is going to lead to fewer terrorist attacks.

For example, the attack on the Brussels airport was on the airport because the terrorists were targeting France and they realized the government was closing in on them so they picked an alternative target.

The number of Muslims who would attack us are a tiny percent of the ones here. Obviously the ones who want to stay here and live here would comply even if they resent it. The ones who do want to attack us would move up their attack like Brussels or hide with family and friends or maybe they just register if they have nothing in their background. The San Bernardino shooters could have registered and it would have solved nothing.

Again the point of this question is just strategically, how does this help us? It is not a question of being "fair." I don't get how it would work

Edit: I am not saying there IS a ban on Muslims or a registry. I am asking IF we did it then HOW would it reduce terror attacks?

Last edited:
I totally get restricting Muslims coming into the US from the terror exporting countries Trump identified. No one has the right to come here and the first job of the Federal government is to protect the American people. We know and ISIS is saying they are putting plants in the emigres.

However, I don't get the logic of how trying to do things like register Muslims already here is going to lead to fewer terrorist attacks.

For example, the attack on the Brussels airport was on the airport because the terrorists were targeting France and they realized the government was closing in on them so they picked an alternative target.

The number of Muslims who would attack us are a tiny percent of the ones here. Obviously the ones who want to stay here and live here would comply even if they resent it. The ones who do want to attack us would move up their attack like Brussels or hide with family and friends or maybe they just register if they have nothing in their background. The San Bernardino shooters could have registered and it would have solved nothing.

Again the point of this question is just strategically, how does this help us? It is not a question of being "fair." I don't get how it works
There is no Muslim registry.

If and when a Muslim registry is created, more than forty million Americans will register as "Muslim".

You are right: even if the non-Muslims don't register, a registry and ban here won't work.

If and when a Muslim registry is created, more than forty million Americans will register as "Muslim".

You are right: even if the non-Muslims don't register, a registry and ban here won't work.
lol The only way to register as a Muslim is to convert to Islam.

Again the point of this question is just strategically, how does this help us? It is not a question of being "fair." I don't get how it works

Why did you post that? You didn't read the OP?

Who says? You? :lol:

tmt, a Muslim does not have an "I am a bonafide card carrying Muslim" card.

It does not work that way. All any one has to say is that "I am not a believer in Allah and in His Prophet, Mohammed." End of story.

There is no logic. It's all based on irrational fear, bigotry, and xenophobia. The U.S. has always been this way. The only thing that changes over time is the targeted group.

That doesn't answer the question in the OP.

And obviously you haven't been spending the time in Europe that I have. Do you have a TV or an Internet connection to find out? What group in the past ever committed terror and murders targeted at us like the Muslim extremists? To say what you did about the narrow question I asked would make sense in terms of taking it too far, but to call Muslims just another "targeted group" is completely ridiculous. Sure it's a small percent of Muslims who immigrate here who are a terrorist threat, but it is not a small number of murders they are committing

I did read it and you seem to be talking about possible adverse consequences of a Muslim registry, so it is relevant to say there is no Muslim registry.

It does not work that way. All any one has to say is that "I am not a believer in Allah and in His Prophet, Mohammed." End of story.
It is a federal crime to lie to federal officials. Madeleine Albright's bizarre threat to register as a Muslim in a non existent Muslim registry is just another example of how absolutely rudderless and intellectually vacuous the Democratic Party is.

I did read it and you seem to be talking about possible adverse consequences of a Muslim registry, so it is relevant to say there is no Muslim registry.

OK, since you're not following the news, I'll explain it to you.

Trump and Republicans have talked a lot about how to protect us from terrorists immigrating here and attacking us. Many of the proposals make sense to me. The registry and trying to restrict Muslims already here doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how we do those things and they lead to a reduction in terror for a terrorist who's already here.

So I asked anyone who supports those limits to explain it to me.

Your comment that there is currently no registry is in every way irrelevant to that question. No shit Dick Tracey, I know there's currently no registry. Saying that casts no information on anything in my OP which never said there was

It is a federal crime to lie to federal officials. Madeleine Albright's bizarre threat to register as a Muslim in a non existent Muslim registry is just another example of how absolutely rudderless and intellectually vacuous the Democratic Party is.
The feds have no lawful right to inquire in to a person's religion. They cannot inventory belief.

See the problem now?

True. Now what if you answer my question. What is the theory behind a registry that would lead to fewer terrorist attacks?

Ah, you have read the fake news.

There is no muslim ban. Only foreign citizens of the countries US is in war with (for example) are not welcome.

As for logic, muslims commit 99.9% of terrorist attacks, and these places are 3rd world hell holes (meaning rape, theft murder). Do you want to turn into a 3rd world country?

Trump and Republicans have talked a lot about how to protect us from terrorists immigrating here and attacking us. Many of the proposals make sense to me. The registry and trying to restrict Muslims already here doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how we do those things and they lead to a reduction in terror for a terrorist who's already here.

Your comment that there is currently no registry is in every way irrelevant to that question. No shit Dick Tracey, I know there's currently no registry. Saying that casts no information on anything in my OP which never said there was
As far as I know there was one mention of a possible Muslim registry during the campaign and no mentions of restricting any activities of Muslims, so it's just not clear what it is you are worried about.

Not in America, as to, "As for logic, muslims commit 99.9% of terrorist attacks, and these places are 3rd world hell holes (meaning rape, theft murder). Do you want to turn into a 3rd world country?"

The feds have no lawful right to inquire in to a person's religion. They cannot inventory belief.

See the problem now?
There is no problem since there is no Muslim registry, just an old woman threatening to lie to federal officials and some dim witted Democrats ranting about a non existent Muslim registry.

It makes as much sense as WWII internment camps did, none at all.

This is all part of a larger effort of the power structure to target an outgroup for the masses to focus their frustration on. This power structure at this juncture knows full well it has lost all semblance of legitimacy. The economic system is predatory and no longer has any ties to production, goods/services, work, or a healthy society. The attention and focus of “the people” must be directed elsewhere less the masses turn their anxiety and gaze toward the system itself and question it. Ours is still an authoritarian colonial societal wealth extraction paradigm.

As far as I know there was one mention of a possible Muslim registry during the campaign and no mentions of restricting any activities of Muslims, so it's just not clear what it is you are worried about.
Then we both agree there should be no registry on Muslims here. Good.

As long as there are mosques that can radicalize Muslims, even those of a second generation, we have to be practical. We want to see their passports, where they have been traveling and for how long.

Forum List

Back