I don’t do much of anything anymore

Do you have an appointment for dialysis today?
Are you watching your child waste away due to cancer?
Was your home destroyed by fire yesterday?
Are you sleeping on a bench in 10 degree weather?
Was your best friend just diagnosed with Leukemia?
Then maybe you should be dancing and counting the blessings you have instead of adding up your woes.
No one promised you a rose garden. It is your choice to cave to melancholy, or refuse to accommodate it.
You have a Father in Heaven that loves you. What more do you require?
Choose to be happy in spite of your imperfect life...

I have found myself that way lately. It has been one thing after another until it wears you down and you begin to fold. I have had little motivation and less inspiration to keep going recently. When I engaged in my daily routine, I mindlessly and automatically shuffled along with dull listless eyes facing the ground and arms motionless at my side as I do things that seem meaningless, as necessary as they may be. An animated corpse pretending to be human.

I was doing great at first. I engaged in every project, be it a grand endeavor or manual labor. I was doing home repairs, yard work, numerous personal projects like home brewing beer, then after about a year of this pandemic panic, I began to burn out.

I have found that nutrition has helped. I normally take a half dozen vitamins and supplements. I cranked that up to a dozen and my latest combination has brought me back to life. That and a general change in diet and daily exercise for at least a good hour or two. This will be how I go forward, diet and exercise, at least until spring when I'll be more active outside due to necessity.

Just a lost boat stranded at sea with a barely functional motor , no GPS and a broken compass
The winds are coming in mighty and the waves are getting bigger
Anyone else feel that way ??

Even at work , I don’t care if my sales day was good or bad ; in fact , I don’t even try to improve business of any kind . It’s like I am half dead and half living

I was very bummed out about the election . I recently just got over it .
I can’t play tennis anybody because my lower back cannot handle it . Then the one thing I was looking forward too was cancelled ...my mma class!! I am was looking forward to returning
I quit following all politics but I only feel a tad better.
The drug addict doc got me on so much drugs that sometimes I fall asleep in the middle of the day

Feels like I am the guy on the Titanic playing the violin

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad. Guess we all have lows now and then, but when they last for too long, it's no shame in searching for help.

As I'm just an occasional reader here, maybe I missed it if you posted that before, but do you know what it is that pushes you into this low?

Find meaning in your life by following the righteous path and ensuring justice is served. Pursuing these two simple approaches to life will ensure happiness.

That is all.

Just a lost boat stranded at sea with a barely functional motor , no GPS and a broken compass

Even at work , I don’t care if my sales day was good or bad ; in fact , I don’t even try to improve business of any kind . It’s like I am half dead and half living

I can’t play tennis anybody because my lower back cannot handle it . Then the one thing I was looking forward too was cancelled ...my mma class!! I am was looking forward to returning
The drug addict doc got me on so much drugs that sometimes I fall asleep in the middle of the day

Ah yes, the joys of existing...I always had hobbies after work like a two thousand square foot veggie garden in the back yard, coin collecting, wives and children...

I quit following all politics but I only feel a tad better.t

Throw the fucking pills in the trash to start. Ya you are digging a hole that is tough to get out of, I assume those pills that doc gave you are opiates. The longer you take those the more likely you will get really ill going off them. Get off that couch, ditch that doctor and find one that will send you to physical therapy. No fucking excuses I don't care how tired you are after work get sunshine out side. Produce vitamin D and get moving now before you dig a hole you can not get out of. Make a list of things to do for relaxation wood working,learn new language, I dont give a shit what but get going on it. Make a list of small things you can accomplish do these things as confidence booster. Pick up billiards darts who cares what it is but get moving and yes forget politics.

Evenflow1969 is right, get on with something like a hobby. Can't play tennis? Why not learn how to design and build tennis rackets? Maybe give lessons if you think you could do that. Research tennis champions. OR do something entirely different than you might think of doing.

Not that I have any plans myself, but a good past time would be gun smithing and reloading ammo. Another good one is pyrotechnology, fireworks more or less.

Last edited:

Pick up a guitar and start playing it....plenty of YouTube videos to help out. I did 3 years ago and love it, great hobby.

Quasar, I have been there.

If you believe in God, cling to the belief that he loves you and to him you are the most important person in the world.

If you are thinking of suicide, keep in mind your loved ones who would be devastated if you did that.

Consult a psychiatrist because you are suffering clinical depression.

This pandemic has affected every single person in the country,

I haven't really been affected at all. Not to any significant degree.
I feel like a “ lab rat that is stuck on a rotating wheel “
I feel like a “Mammoth trapped in the tar pits”

I am just waiting for someone to show me the way ??

Those are some decent metaphors

You won’t have old Quasar to “ kick around “‘forever
Don't give up hope, your franchise could win loser of the year award

I am trying my best !! It’s not easy driving customers out all day .
I did it in Oregon and I can achieve that goal in Nevada

I am trying my best !! It’s not easy driving customers out all day .
I did it in Oregon and I can achieve that goal in Nevada
There are still 5 stores doing worse than me !!!
I will surpass them

I have found myself that way lately. It has been one thing after another until it wears you down and you begin to fold. I have had little motivation and less inspiration to keep going recently. When I engaged in my daily routine, I mindlessly and automatically shuffled along with dull listless eyes facing the ground and arms motionless at my side as I do things that seem meaningless, as necessary as they may be. An animated corpse pretending to be human.

I was doing great at first. I engaged in every project, be it a grand endeavor or manual labor. I was doing home repairs, yard work, numerous personal projects like home brewing beer, then after about a year of this pandemic panic, I began to burn out.

I have found that nutrition has helped. I normally take a half dozen vitamins and supplements. I cranked that up to a dozen and my latest combination has brought me back to life. That and a general change in diet and daily exercise for at least a good hour or two. This will be how I go forward, diet and exercise, at least until spring when I'll be more active outside due to necessity.
Jesus wept - you only lost a poxy election for god's sake.
What when through climate change the hair on your head bursts into flames then you will have something to whine about.
Do you think little Greta Thurnberg wears that unfortunate face for no reason?
1612512751144.png

Get a life!

What when through climate change the hair on your head bursts into flames then you will have something to whine about.
View attachment 453284
Get a life!
My last post was also to Quasar who I correctly diagnosed as a manic depressive sometime ago.
Just saying!

View attachment 453284
Get a life!
My last post was also to Quasar who I correctly diagnosed as a manic depressive sometime ago.
Just saying!

Cool, no problem.
I'd almost suspect some kind of manic depressive, bi-polar experience in my own case, except it took so long for me to burn out like that. I suspect that for me, it was just all the stress of not only the pandemic and all the political crap, but other personal issues that occurred during that time. A bout of depression do to continuous stress. I also seem to be working on an ulcer since the pandemic began, acid reflux at the very least, mild episodes treatable with anti-acids though.

Forum List

Back