I Cannot Stand George Carlin

Carlin was definitely an "acquired taste". Some people can pull off being a smartass for laughs but he just seemed like a dick.

the most prolific and funniest comedian of our time.
That's a bold statement.

I don't see it as bold. If you look at any list of the greatest comedians, Carlin is at or near the top. His career spanned 50+ years. He produced a huge amount of work including albums, movies, tv, HBO Specials, books ect ect.

Carlin was funny when he was in his younger hippy dippy weather man days but as he age though he just became ab angry old man

Last edited:
The asshole is not funny and he told lots of lies about religion. Either he was ignorant or he lied to make people laugh. I am glad the son of a bitch is dead.

Wow you're a religious person I take it so what does your religion say about reveling in the death of another human being?

That's just bad Karma

That's a bold statement.

I don't see it as bold. If you look at any list of the greatest comedians, Carlin is at or near the top. His career spanned 50+ years. He produced a huge amount of work including albums, movies, tv, HBO Specials, books ect ect.
Your claim was that he was the most prolific and funniest comedian of our time. That's almost always going to be a bold statement no matter what.

That's a bold statement.
Kind of like you saying your mind is the single most complex thing in the universe
Yep. Please feel free to name something more complex.

Cause I'll go with Robin Williams over George Carlin every day of the week.

Feel free to tell me how much of the universe you have visited.

Robin Williams wasn't that funny.

All he did was act manic and talk in little high pitched voices.

That's a bold statement.

Your claim was that he was the most prolific and funniest comedian of our time. That's almost always going to be a bold statement no matter what.

Obviously, when calling any performer the greatest or funniest, I am expressing an opinion. It is, however, an opinion shared by many others.

As for being prolific, he released 22 comedy albums, made 130 appearances on the Tonight Show, did more than a dozen HBO Specials, hosted hundreds of variety shows, wrote 3 best selling books and won 5 Grammy awards. He also appeared in 18 movies. I would call that prolific by any standard. And his '7 Words You Can't Say on TV' resulted in a US Supreme Court case that changed the way censorship worked.

That's a bold statement.

Obviously, when calling any performer the greatest or funniest, I am expressing an opinion. It is, however, an opinion shared by many others.

As for being prolific, he released 22 comedy albums, made 130 appearances on the Tonight Show, did more than a dozen HBO Specials, hosted hundreds of variety shows, wrote 3 best selling books and won 5 Grammy awards. He also appeared in 18 movies. I would call that prolific by any standard. And his '7 Words You Can't Say on TV' resulted in a US Supreme Court case that changed the way censorship worked.
Successful and prolific by any standard

That's a bold statement.
Kind of like you saying your mind is the single most complex thing in the universe

Robin Williams was hilarious. But much of Carlin's work was intellectual. He was a master of the English language.

That's a bold statement.

Yup. Adolph Hitler produced lots of speeches and written material, too. So did Joseph Goebbels and Julius Streicher. .
So has David Duke.

That's a bold statement.

Feel free to tell me how much of the universe you have visited.

Robin Williams wasn't that funny.

All he did was act manic and talk in little high pitched voices.
So you don't want to name the most complex thing you know about because you don't know about everything?

Can you at least name the attributes that you would recognize as being more complex than mind?

That's a bold statement.

Robin Williams was hilarious. But much of Carlin's work was intellectual. He was a master of the English language.
HUH? Carlin used more 4 letter words than any other comedian.

That's a bold statement.

That would be great if we were debating who was the most intellectual comedian of our generation instead of who was the funniest.

Forum List

Back