i am working for the census just mail the damn things back in

i have been involved with the census since march 4, 2010....if it reads like a confession...well read on...its the most bizarro thing i have ever done....i am not an idiot..i realize when things are being done that are just stupid...example...1: my first training session lasted 6 days...then i worked for 8 days....nearly 45 % of the time was in training....then they called me again...would i like to continue...i would have to do 3 more days training....so sure...i trained for 3 more days...so far i have worked a total of perhaps15 hours....3 days training? what the hell? now i am in the quality control department....what i am doing now ...simple..if its a problem ..i get it...but here is the weird part...i may be the 6 th person to contact someone...one lady i was the 7th person...she knew the laws and called me on it, too. we are at the point right now that i am only getting the really weird mal....really weird...problems that are still unresolved...

and this is not from people not answering the forms..this is simply repair work from the orginal mapping etc...once they ditched the hhc...it got dicey.seems the hhc's would say there were uploading but did not...so a lot of areas are having to be remapped...at the last minute...

many times the qe's see the problem..but the office has not given you the starting point to discover the problem..at first we were writing notes explaining...we know what you want to know..but this will not discover it..with complex drawings etc...told to stop that..just stop it. if the qdc didnt discover the problem then there was no problem.

on one hand we are being told that they want this to be the most comprehensive and errorless census on record..well its not...then i am being given assignments and being told to "put them to bed, one way or another"....

i have been given maps that have taken me into the middle of nowhere....miles into the middle of nowhere..the map shows the road going into another road..it just goes into the woods for miles...

some of the people you see...cant resist fucking with ya....but no one is violent or mean....just ..hey i sent it in...(they were using that line before the forms were mailed)
or the ones i love ...who avoid us...i have one be a proxy for a bunch of addresses...gave a false name that when you pronounced it...you got it...apparently the pe...didnt get it....but i tracked her down...lol...i swear i felt like i was stalking her..

but i will admit...i do enjoy....putting them to bed....so fill that mal out..mail it back...or i will be on your doorstep...

I figured it was already too late. I do carry it around with me everyday.

Can't bring myself to fill it out.

All this nonsense about the census is just so much anto-government propaganda.

The constitution calls for a national census every ten years.

We need that in order to have a REPUBLIC.

Fill the damned thing out.

Then there should only be one damn question on it, not all the other bullshit that's none of their damn business.

yup I can see name, age, and number of people at adress but anything else really isn't relevant

all seven cases have been resolved and closed...i have two binders for tomorrow....and then about 5 more cases to solve...and i was right my mileage is about 56 miles and get this...i get to do it all over again tomorrow.....

the constitution allows for the enumeration of people..not the other crap...i didnt answer one question...none of their business if i own or not..find out from the irs

i have been involved with the census since march 4, 2010....if it reads like a confession...well read on...its the most bizarro thing i have ever done....i am not an idiot..i realize when things are being done that are just stupid...example...1: my first training session lasted 6 days...then i worked for 8 days....nearly 45 % of the time was in training....then they called me again...would i like to continue...i would have to do 3 more days training....so sure...i trained for 3 more days...so far i have worked a total of perhaps15 hours....3 days training? what the hell? now i am in the quality control department....what i am doing now ...simple..if its a problem ..i get it...but here is the weird part...i may be the 6 th person to contact someone...one lady i was the 7th person...she knew the laws and called me on it, too. we are at the point right now that i am only getting the really weird mal....really weird...problems that are still unresolved...

and this is not from people not answering the forms..this is simply repair work from the orginal mapping etc...once they ditched the hhc...it got dicey.seems the hhc's would say there were uploading but did not...so a lot of areas are having to be remapped...at the last minute...

many times the qe's see the problem..but the office has not given you the starting point to discover the problem..at first we were writing notes explaining...we know what you want to know..but this will not discover it..with complex drawings etc...told to stop that..just stop it. if the qdc didnt discover the problem then there was no problem.

on one hand we are being told that they want this to be the most comprehensive and errorless census on record..well its not...then i am being given assignments and being told to "put them to bed, one way or another"....

i have been given maps that have taken me into the middle of nowhere....miles into the middle of nowhere..the map shows the road going into another road..it just goes into the woods for miles...

some of the people you see...cant resist fucking with ya....but no one is violent or mean....just ..hey i sent it in...(they were using that line before the forms were mailed)
or the ones i love ...who avoid us...i have one be a proxy for a bunch of addresses...gave a false name that when you pronounced it...you got it...apparently the pe...didnt get it....but i tracked her down...lol...i swear i felt like i was stalking her..

but i will admit...i do enjoy....putting them to bed....so fill that mal out..mail it back...or i will be on your doorstep...

ARE YOU USING A GPS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjr6XjlTLVA&feature=related]YouTube - US Census Worker Visits to get GPS amp Yells At Me For Filming Him On My Porch NWO[/ame]

update: crew leader called my house early this am....you have 7 cases what is going on with them...well i have 9 cases....i will finish them today i hope....says to have them there between 11 and 12 am...so i cleverly close all but one case which i will close tomorrow. i just didnt feel like driving to the top of seven devils this am. no new cases given out...from the talk and chitty chat...its over....so i trained for 24 hours to work less than 24 hours? so approx. 300 in training to do less than 3 days work?

there is so much confusion in what the field workers are suppose to be doing...i had a binder....passed with no problems with the first two enumators...i get it...do the qdc...and it fails with 11 errors?
soooooo we got new people in the office now....but it is shutting down..this is the first day i have not seen the crew leader asst.

will i be called to work again? i doubt it...i see unemployement benefits in my future.....hell unemployement would be more honest

I think I felt better about the census before I found out about the census. Hope it is a resume booster.

resume booster....naw...just some extra income....at the end of the winter when my seasonal job ends...

this census is not gonna be accurate in enumerating the people...correctly...i dont know if anyone can do that...easily...

as of today....not one person has been rude to me..even the people who refused to answer did so nicely...nothing personal...etc...but they simply refused...but i use as much common sense as i can...i dont bother the old folks...one guy told me...."his mother lives in that house, she dont know anyone hardly" i didnt roll up to his mom's house...that is just not respectful when you have been told someone is growing older to try to pump them for info..the same people who gave other enumerators trouble..were as nice and helpful to me as they could be...

my last case is a fucking bitch...i have to go to a damned pig path.....you cant turn a car around on the road...and map the flipping block....now who the hell told them i do mapping....i dont...but lucky for me...i know a mapper...now why they didnt give this repair to a mapper is beyond me..welll i know why...they know i have access to a mapper....lol...the production enumators finished long at the end of march...n

the next stage will be the going out and finding you beats who didnt return the form....i dont know that i will do that stage...da man reckons that will be where the mal hits the fan....tracking down the people who dont wanna be counted

it is raining here...we need the rain....mapper dude is not in a hurry to go out into the rain and fog....whereas i would like to get this over with....i like to get an early start...

mapper is up having coffee making comments about quality control not knowing mal! i must now show mapper the binder and hope to hell he knows what they are talking about ....

okay map dude and i go out...here is where we end up:

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

i had to walk down this road:

IMG_2079.jpg

map boy: he aint happy...took map boy about an hour to figure out what they wanted...much fussing...

IMG_2076.jpg

map boy refused to wear proper dress for census work...

map boy does save the day....i wonder if there will be any more work?

That is one hell of an intersection you got there. Did you do a traffic count? This is why we do the Census people. To figure out where the highways need to be.

omg right when i thought i was beyond shocking about this census stuff i find this out...

my crew leader is paid....any time a crew is out....for example...if i go out at 8 am....and stay till 1 pm....he is paid...now if joe blow goes out at 12 pm and stays till 8 pm...the crew leader now has 12 hours banked...what the hell?

it is just amazing...they have offered me another job...this time going out to non respondants....but here is the rub....they want me to travel all over western nc....now its one thing to work in the area i live...i can go...."you say that one more time and i am calling your momma" and that ends most stuff....
i will admit..the idea of going into areas i dont know....to find people who dont wanna be found..aint appealing to me...

so right now i have about 25 cases to clear tomorrow....i will have most of them cleared...by noon...i know i can find the other pretty quickly....its just amazing...i wondered why my crew leader never questioned the odd hours i work...i will go out early one day and then in the afternoon other days...well i guess as long as he gets paid...he doesnt care...so that fucker is raking in ot..for doing nothing....

da man would like to assure everyone...i am not leaving the area to travel over 200 plus miles a day...to hunt down people in eric rudoph country....(my sorries to that part of the state) o hell we gotz us a full on rant going on about what i am doing and i am not doing...okay i got to stop typing...before he rips the moniter off the table....oooooooooo the threats...hell i thought he didnt want me to get hurt lol

New Topics

Forum List

Back