i am working for the census just mail the damn things back in

I hear mail delivery is pretty hit and miss to those park benches. You should try a cardboard box instead.

My address was clearly printed on my "will work for food sign".

shanty.jpg

Excellent. Now Bones knows where to find you.

She won't bother me. Half of my house is out-house toilet & my air-freshener gave out weeks ago. I only enter when I have to like when it rains or something.

Excellent. Now Bones knows where to find you.

She won't bother me. Half of my house is out-house toilet & my air-freshener gave out weeks ago. I only enter when I have to like when it rains or something.

Rain? What rain?

*hides water balloon launcher*

I thought those rain drops were comming hard & getting rather large. Others walk by perfectly dry & I start thinking I have been out in the sun to long holding my sign.
31261309_09Will_work_for_food.jpg

I started thinking I'm a bit :cuckoo: when people keep avoiding me. Now even the Census workers won't come talk to me & the government thinks I don't count.:(

Mail participation rate is 67% currently which matches the final numbers for 2000 exactly. A second mailing might garner an extra 5-10%. Thanks for sharing your experiences as a census worker. I might disagree with the questions, but your inside view is interesting.

One of my homes got a letter saying I would be receiving a census form that never came.

I hear mail delivery is pretty hit and miss to those park benches. You should try a cardboard box instead.

This reminds me of some realtor humor:

Your house as seen by...

Yourself...

yourself.jpg

Your buyer...

buyer.jpg

Your lender...

lender.jpg

Your appraiser...

appraiser.jpg

Your tax assessor...

assessor.jpg

You mean to tell me that had I decided not to fill out that blasted form and mail it back that Bones would have come and had coffee with me?

Damn.

okay the constitution that poor thing everyone ignores...calls for the government to enumerate the people....fancy words for count the people...it does not call for any counting of housing units...or race....
i dont care if you answer or not...if i make contact with you and you tell me to fuck off....i simply...say...i will put you down as a refusal? ...they grunt yes and we are good to go...and i am working this area...so i know most of the people...and what i love..my friends..ah my friends..call me up and tell me anytime they get a new census form...most of them have lied...i really dont think they are black scotts...or members of any native american tribe...did i mention i had to be fingerprinted 4 times...the census has trained 27 people in this area and 20 more in boone...now the work is being divided up and most dont have more than a couple of hours work...so you are encourage to meet your crew leader daily...you get paid for the time and mileage....thor is okay to shut up in the bedroom for a few hours...but not all day....so i am doing half days....i wonder how many will be bitching when the figures come out...

a lot of money is being totally wasted....just pissed away...how many jobs play you from the time you leave home? mileage from home? i have to take 2 paid 15 minute breaks and a 1/2 hour unpaid break after 5 hours...

in my winter job, i work hard, efficiently and fast..there aint no time to waste....i dont get a break...unless i got down time...when i am busy...if i lucky, someone will come down, take my place and let me go to the bathroom...i have had to slow to a sloth's pace for the census...and its very hard for me to just waste time.....

Wasn't MaggieMae working the Census too? I wonder if her experiences have any similarities?

i have been involved with the census since march 4, 2010....if it reads like a confession...well read on...its the most bizarro thing i have ever done....i am not an idiot..i realize when things are being done that are just stupid...example...1: my first training session lasted 6 days...then i worked for 8 days....nearly 45 % of the time was in training....then they called me again...would i like to continue...i would have to do 3 more days training....so sure...i trained for 3 more days...so far i have worked a total of perhaps15 hours....3 days training? what the hell? now i am in the quality control department....what i am doing now ...simple..if its a problem ..i get it...but here is the weird part...i may be the 6 th person to contact someone...one lady i was the 7th person...she knew the laws and called me on it, too. we are at the point right now that i am only getting the really weird mal....really weird...problems that are still unresolved...

and this is not from people not answering the forms..this is simply repair work from the orginal mapping etc...once they ditched the hhc...it got dicey.seems the hhc's would say there were uploading but did not...so a lot of areas are having to be remapped...at the last minute...

many times the qe's see the problem..but the office has not given you the starting point to discover the problem..at first we were writing notes explaining...we know what you want to know..but this will not discover it..with complex drawings etc...told to stop that..just stop it. if the qdc didnt discover the problem then there was no problem.

on one hand we are being told that they want this to be the most comprehensive and errorless census on record..well its not...then i am being given assignments and being told to "put them to bed, one way or another"....

i have been given maps that have taken me into the middle of nowhere....miles into the middle of nowhere..the map shows the road going into another road..it just goes into the woods for miles...

some of the people you see...cant resist fucking with ya....but no one is violent or mean....just ..hey i sent it in...(they were using that line before the forms were mailed)
or the ones i love ...who avoid us...i have one be a proxy for a bunch of addresses...gave a false name that when you pronounced it...you got it...apparently the pe...didnt get it....but i tracked her down...lol...i swear i felt like i was stalking her..

but i will admit...i do enjoy....putting them to bed....so fill that mal out..mail it back...or i will be on your doorstep...

The dog ate my census.

Seriously.

Should I send in both of them? I got the first one and sent it in...then yesterday I got a second one with a very gentle threat that this was my last chance....to mail it in to avoid a visit by .... well, you, I guess. Apparently, the government operated postal service LOST the return envelope that they provided. That in itself is funny. So I was the proud recipient of a second form...duplicating postage and printing. Tax dollars at work...awesome.

Oh...here's a question for you qualified census workers....

How do you prove that the form was or was not returned? I'm sure there will be many who claim they mailed it when actually they tossed it in file 13. So what's the process of proving they didn't mail it following such a claim?

Last edited:
or i will be on your doorstep.

Watch out for the attack dogs, concertina wire, fu-gas and claymores.
Just saying.

(Oh, and my last line of defense is a PI hologram that answers the door. You've been warned) :eusa_whistle: :lol:
Kentucky's not Vietnam. Nor is Perth Amboy, New Jersey or anywhere else in the US. You'll have to deal with propane, not Fu gas. That stuff's not legal here. I'm amazed though, no dipped punjee traps, ballistas, or molten lead to poor (it was better than oil in the middle ages) over those at the doorstep.

...maybe I should open the envelopes the census filled for me finally...

maybe...

Last edited:
Should I send in both of them? I got the first one and sent it in...then yesterday I got a second one with a very gentle threat that this was my last chance....to mail it in to avoid a visit by .... well, you, I guess. Apparently, the government operated postal service LOST the return envelope that they provided. That in itself is funny. So I was the proud recipient of a second form...duplicating postage and printing. Tax dollars at work...awesome.

Oh...here's a question for you qualified census workers....

How do you prove that the form was or was not returned
? I'm sure there will be many who claim they mailed it when actually they tossed it in file 13. So what's the process of proving they didn't mail it following such a claim?

i am not counting people....that is what you dont get....that is someone else's job....i am a ue/qc ....i use to know what that means...something enumerator/quality control...i do two things...i check the maps and addresses....i will be given a starting address....start at 122 morning glory lane and do the next two units....that means i go to 122 morning glory lane verify it...and the next two units the right...we canvass on the right only....if the dcq fails i recanvass the entire AA.. (which is a collection of addresses can be one or two or 300)
here is where the jury rigging begins..they dont want this AA to fail...it would reflect poorly on the crews before us...the production enumators...did all the ground work...went to each house with a held held hhc unit...and uploading from the porches the locations of said housing units...well they trashed the hhc units due to them not working...we went back to #2 pencils and paper...the hhc units ran about 3 grand each...and they had 1000s of them...

right now we are in a big push...to finish cases....let me count mine...7 cases...two i resolved yesterday...bu the 5 cases left will take me around 50 miles of driving...i have to go to sugar mtn....7 devils....these will be hard to find places...a few only having the street address...no house number etc...i will turn these in today....if i finish them...and get more assignments.....the crew leaders asst. has already told me to expect it to shut down at the end of the next week....so now remember i trained 3 days...8 hours a day....the rest of the class trained 4 days...*i opted out of the fingerprinting etc, since i had just had it done*
i dont think anyone has more than a few hours work a day..and its only 4 or 5 people a day.

now here is the rub...what i am doing at this point...is outside the parameters of what is legal....i am visiting proxies that have been called 3 times and visited 3 times..that is the max that is allowed...so i am the 7th contact on many of these forms....well people aint real happy...why are you here...someone was just here...sometimes i look at the dates and see the pe was there the day before me...one lady flat out called me on the 7th visit thing...she knew the law and stated she had co operated fully with the pervious census workers and didnt know why i was there...well i couldnt tell her that the dickhead pe..had lost a bunch of info....her info was included in that...we discussed her rottie dog and her black lab puppy....i ask her if she minded being coded as a refusal...she said code her as one...i said ...have a nice day..and left ....so i am being pushed to settle these cases....and some of them the only way to settle them is to lie....many of them are simply 2nd homes and the owners live in florida....and are sick of being called...them little old people are grumpy...just damned grumpy...

my poor car...yesterday i find a hill that look like them ones in san fransico...except no curves just fucking straight down....my brakes were burning...etc...i have been on roads that have signs "blind hill stay right" , hello, assholes, its a one lane road???

and again you just never know who is gonna answer the door or what they will be not wearing...but this is the south...ya just roll with it....

o but to your question...i have no clue how they will do the questionairre follow ups..i would say we will be simply given a list of those not responding or accounted for..and off we will go....now in some cases i do count people...but very rarely...then i just take names, date of births, race, if you tell me you are black and i am looking at your edgar winters looking ass...guess what i gotta put black...

i understand that full time employees for the census number about 300...the rest are part time people like me. it can be a very frustrating job...yesterday i looked for 45 min. and drove 20 miles up and down dirt roads...the census maps showed roads crossing over to other roads...wrong....they just lead me out in the woods....into a damned valley with no cell phone reception lol...i was looking for 4 houses...the pe guy got a case of doing the left side of the road instead of the right....and i had to verify the houses did exist blah blah blah...o and if the pe deletes a housing unit...2 more people will be out, at separate times to look at the delete....

so far the one delete i have looked at....the first guy deletes it...well hell buddy its a fucking parsonage...at first i am thinking...okay the pe is a yankee and doesnt know what a parsonage is....but hell its says...ministry right on the damn white picket fence....so they send another guy out and he puts nonresidental...sooo i am standing there looking at the pretty little house with the pretty little fence...and going wtf? so i go back to the caretaker of the camp next to the church and house...he tells me the house is infested with black mold...so i put uninhabitable....so now you have 3 people ...looking at one housing unit and drawing 3 different conclusions...i stood there for a long time...thinking "what did the first two find that i am missing"?

each enumetor approaches the housing unit as if its the first time you have seen it..and y ou know nothng about it....its called working from ground to list....we find a housing unit...then we find it on the list....but you never know who the first people talked to...or why they concluded what they did...you just have to verify or correct.

All this nonsense about the census is just so much anto-government propaganda.

The constitution calls for a national census every ten years.

We need that in order to have a REPUBLIC.

Fill the damned thing out.

All this nonsense about the census is just so much anto-government propaganda.

The constitution calls for a national census every ten years.

We need that in order to have a REPUBLIC.

Fill the damned thing out.

Then there should only be one damn question on it, not all the other bullshit that's none of their damn business.

Forum List

Back