“I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

The military leaders didn't really want to surrender, but with the devastation to the civilian population, they had no choice, sickly boy. Don't get your info from empiral Japan's propaganda sites

The Japanese leadership couldn't care less about the civilian population's losses.

Nobody has ever bombed an enemy into submission, dude. We dropped more bombs on Vietnam than we did on Germany and Japan combined.

What changed Japanese minds was that there were millions of battle hardened Russian troops that were about to open up a whole new case of whoop-ass on them on a front they had no defenses on. Everything they had was deployed to fight the americans and the Chinese....

The Russians overran Manchuria in less than week, they were in Korea and Sahalakin.

Again, never having served in the military, you probably don't really understand these things.
Right. Being nuked twice had nothing to do with it.

Forget the nukes.... The Russians are coming!......The Russians are coming!:lmao:

The military leaders didn't really want to surrender, but with the devastation to the civilian population, they had no choice, sickly boy. Don't get your info from empiral Japan's propaganda sites

The Japanese leadership couldn't care less about the civilian population's losses.

Nobody has ever bombed an enemy into submission, dude. We dropped more bombs on Vietnam than we did on Germany and Japan combined.

What changed Japanese minds was that there were millions of battle hardened Russian troops that were about to open up a whole new case of whoop-ass on them on a front they had no defenses on. Everything they had was deployed to fight the americans and the Chinese....

The Russians overran Manchuria in less than week, they were in Korea and Sahalakin.

Again, never having served in the military, you probably don't really understand these things.

:rolleyes-41:The Japanese were a defeated country in 1945 sickly boy..the Russians came in late...You're a joke with your stupidity, and your anti American rhetoric

Forget the nukes.... The Russians are coming!......The Russians are coming!

Yup. The Japanese heard how the Germans were getting the shit raped out of them and didn't want that happening to them.

:uhoh3:I'm sure, Without our defeat of imperial Japan, they'd have kicked the shit out of the Russians, as they did before. Of course the Japaneses were more worried about getting raped than getting nuked..:uhh:

Right. Being nuked twice had nothing to do with it.

Very little. The nukes were only about 14 kilotons. We were doing far more damage with conventional bombing.

13 Russian Armies descending on them from the west, that was kind of a big deal.
You dishonestly downplay the psychological effect of the atomic bomb that wiped out thousands in a single blast and continued to subject survivors to horrible deaths for weeks and months afterward. It was cutting edge modern technology and it frightened people.

Only an idiot thinks people fear armies marching at a distance over a killer in their very midst. The present danger will always trump a future rumor.

I'm sure, Without our defeat of imperial Japan, they'd have kicked the shit out of the Russians, as they did before. Of course the Japaneses were more worried about getting raped than getting nuked

You work on the assumption that they had the same fears of Nukes that we have after 50 years of staring Armageddon down. They didn't.

We were killing hundreds of thousands of Japanese in bombing raids. The Japanese wanted to sue for peace,a nd thought the Russians would broker that peace.

When Stalin not only refused to broker that peace, but decided he was going to get in on chopping up Japan, they gave in. It's really that simple.

Except to American Jingoists who want to think America won the war single handedly.

You dishonestly downplay the psychological effect of the atomic bomb that wiped out thousands in a single blast and continued to subject survivors to horrible deaths for weeks and months afterward. It was cutting edge modern technology and it frightened people.

Only an idiot thinks people fear armies marching at a distance over a killer in their very midst. The present danger will always trump a future rumor.

except there's really no evidence, looking at Japanese documents, that there was a psychological effect. The deliberations of the Japanese War cabinet showed they were a LOT more concerned with the fact that the Red Army was rolling up Manchuria with no resistance.

except there's really no evidence, looking at Japanese documents, that there was a psychological effect. The deliberations of the Japanese War cabinet showed they were a LOT more concerned with the fact that the Red Army was rolling up Manchuria with no resistance.
You are the aforementioned idiot.

Good piece from the Great Allen West::thup:

Three Types of People
Allen West | Oct 07, 2015

faf83c00-1c7d-43a3-b929-d5b9f586aef4.jpg

During the period of 1936-1939 the great Western Powers were still reeling from the “war to end all wars,” World War I. They sought to avoid and evade any semblance of confrontation and escalation of violence. They truly believed that they could engage despots and dictators with the incessant rhetoric of peace. They were the sheep of the day. See, sheep only want one simple thing – to be herded to green pastures and provided safe passage in doing so. They do not want to engage trouble, and will huddle together closer when danger confronts them.

it is as Alexander the Great stated, “I am not afraid of an army of lions led by asheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Isaiah Chapter Six, Verse Eight asks a very simple question, New International Version (NIV), “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” That was Isaiah’s response, but who will answer, “Send Me” -- who will be the sheepdog? Who will be the Lion?

Just as Churchill stood up, so did Israel’s Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu last week before the UN General Assembly. In a time of sheep and wolves, we saw the Lion of Judah.

Sheep find comfort in the incessant noise of empty rhetoric. Wolves make their howl to instill fear. But sheepdogs stand firm issuing their bark of confidence – and lions roar in defiance, strength, and victory.

"

Three Types of People

You know JROC I'm getting tired of your incessant "war's swell and I'm a badass." If you're such a badass and war's so groovy why aren't you off somewhere fighting? You're like a coward politician leading from the rear. Ushering others foward to do the fight and dying while you talk shit from a position of safety.

ROFLMNAO!

Yet another Leftists taunting those whose tolerance their very lives depend.

You can NOT make this crap up.

Come on, joe. You didn't think you would be called out on your story? from cnn

Following a military hearing, West was fined $5,000 over two months, according to West's civillian attorney, Neal Puckett.

The punishment does not affect West's eligibility for retirement and pension, Puckett said in a statement...

Apparently not knowing where West's gun was aimed, Hamoody cracked and gave information about the planned ambush on West's convoy, thwarting the attack.

West said there were no further ambushes on U.S. forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4.

Lol..torture? Firing a couple shots above the mans head?

Gotta love Allen West

Scumbag tortured a guy who hadn't worked with the insurgents. not to mention his men beat the guy up before the shooting.

Hey. We have regulations against this sort of thing, and we have them for a REASON.

Apparently Allen West doesn't pay attention to what goes on in the world or reading much about history.

He's brillant and an expert in miltary history boy:slap:

The causes of war, and how wars are fought are two entirely different things.

All wars are caused because of banking and resources. Not because populations want to or refuse to fight. What tripe.

The Allies and their puppet masters had blood on their hands before WWII, just as the US and her allies have blood on their hands now. If there is to be a war, the elites that run things will have them. Apparently, this Allen West is one of their propagandists that helps drag the people along. :bs1:

goering+quote1341290363.jpg

If you want the history this guy isn't telling you, go to page 16.
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/allwarsarebankerswars.pdf
The conspiracy theorist of the board...it's the bankers:uhoh3:

He has a point though. How many of our soldiers knew any Iraqi's, Afghani's, or Vietnamese before invading their countries? None of these countries, separated from us by thousands of miles of ocean, and they not having navies, landing craft, long range bombers, icbm's, posed any danger to us. Soldiers killing soldiers because why? A little poem by Hardy below.

"Had he and I but met
By some old ancient inn,
We should have sat us down to wet
Right many a nipperkin!

"But ranged as infantry,
And staring face to face,
I shot at him as he at me,
And killed him in his place.

"I shot him dead because —
Because he was my foe,
Just so: my foe of course he was;
That's clear enough; although

"He thought he'd 'list, perhaps,
Off-hand like — just as I —
Was out of work — had sold his traps —
No other reason why.

"Yes; quaint and curious war is!
You shoot a fellow down
You'd treat if met where any bar is,
Or help to half-a-crown."

And more than just a few of our soldiers volunteer now because good jobs with benefits are getting scarce.
Just like the two guys in the poem.

Last edited:
Apparently Allen West doesn't pay attention to what goes on in the world or reading much about history.

He's brillant and an expert in miltary history boy:slap:

The causes of war, and how wars are fought are two entirely different things.

All wars are caused because of banking and resources. Not because populations want to or refuse to fight. What tripe.

The Allies and their puppet masters had blood on their hands before WWII, just as the US and her allies have blood on their hands now. If there is to be a war, the elites that run things will have them. Apparently, this Allen West is one of their propagandists that helps drag the people along. :bs1:

goering+quote1341290363.jpg

If you want the history this guy isn't telling you, go to page 16.
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/allwarsarebankerswars.pdf
The conspiracy theorist of the board...it's the bankers:uhoh3:

He has a point though. How many of our soldiers knew any Iraqi's, Afghani's, or Vietnamese before invading their countries? None of these countries, separated from us by thousands of miles of ocean, and they not having navies, landing craft, long range bombers, icbm's, posed any danger to us. Soldiers killing soldiers because why? A little poem by Hardy below.

"Had he and I but met
By some old ancient inn,
We should have sat us down to wet
Right many a nipperkin!

"But ranged as infantry,
And staring face to face,
I shot at him as he at me,
And killed him in his place.

"I shot him dead because —
Because he was my foe,
Just so: my foe of course he was;
That's clear enough; although

"He thought he'd 'list, perhaps,
Off-hand like — just as I —
Was out of work — had sold his traps —
No other reason why.

"Yes; quaint and curious war is!
You shoot a fellow down
You'd treat if met where any bar is,
Or help to half-a-crown."

And more than just a few of our soldiers volunteer now because good jobs with benefits are getting scarce.
Just like the two guys in the poem.

People volunteer to because they want to serve their country. Our country was founded by war. we've also freed, and kept free, 100s of millions of people:thup:

Come on, joe. You didn't think you would be called out on your story? from cnn

Following a military hearing, West was fined $5,000 over two months, according to West's civillian attorney, Neal Puckett.

The punishment does not affect West's eligibility for retirement and pension, Puckett said in a statement...

That just tells me that the Army is very good at protecting officers, no matter how bad their behavior is. I'm sure an enlisted man would have been crucified for the same behavior. I certainly saw that when I was in. It's why whenever I was told to do something questionable, I made damned sure I had it in writing that an officer approved it.

It's the same mentality that kept MAJOR Nidal Hasan in uniform despite his eratic behavior. Had he been an E-4 instead of an O-4, they'd have bounced his ass out the first time he handed out a card saying "Soldier of Allah".

Apparently not knowing where West's gun was aimed, Hamoody cracked and gave information about the planned ambush on West's convoy, thwarting the attack.

West said there were no further ambushes on U.S. forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4.

Actually, the information had no value, which is what the hearing found.

In fact, the supposed "plot' the man was being interrogated for was an assassination attempt on West himself. There's no evidence any such plot existed.

The Times reported that at least one man named was taken into custody and his home was searched. No plans for attacks on Americans or weapons were found. West testified at his hearing that he did not know whether ''any corroboration'' of a plot was ever found. ''At the time, I had to base my decision on the intelligence I received," West said. "It's possible that I was wrong about Mr. Hamoodi.'' Yet he also notes that no attacks occurred after the interrogation.

Hamoodi was detained another 45 days after the incident, then released without being charged.

Glenn Beck says Allen West is a modern-day Ronin

I'm afraid of Uncle Toms who want to get us into fights that have nothing to do with us.

But Joe you have no fucking idea what the big picture is.

When you say nothing to do with us.

Just what the hell makes you so smart? How did Obama pass you up and not pick you for a czar spot?

-Geaux

People volunteer to because they want to serve their country. Our country was founded by war. we've also freed, and kept free, 100s of millions of people

We're legends in our own minds.

Okay, let's look at our history of war.

Revolutionary War- Revolted against a benign constitutional monarchy because a few rich slave rapists didn't want to pay their taxes.

War of 1812- Tried to steal Canada from the British while they were busy saving the world from Napoleon.

Mexican War- stole a bunch of land from a weaker neighbor.

Indian Wars- Genocided the shit out of people who had the bad luck of being on land we claimed. Good thing they don't own Hollywood, we'd never hear the end of it.

Civil War- Well, half the country was on the side of the angels in that one. It's not the side we celebrate today, for some reason.

Spanish American War- Beat up on a weak country to steal some of their colonies. Nobody in Cuba or the Philippines loves us for doing it today.

World War I. - We went to war to save the investments of financiers who sold the Allies weapons on credit. People were so sickened by the disgusting spectacle they tried to outlaw war with unsuccessful results.

World War II- We were on the right side. Russia did most of the heavy lifting.

Korea - We backed one dictator over another. South Korea didn't become a Democracy until the 1980's.

Vietnam- We backed French Collaborators who robbed us blind.

Gulf War - we backed a corrupt Emir against a corrupt dictator WE FUCKING ARMED! Did we all get that. We armed Saddam. Until he turned on us.

War on an Emotional State- After we got attacked by another "Freedom Fighter" we had armed, we went to war in Afghanistan. And we are still there. 14 years later. Still trying to "Free" them.

Iraq War - fought a war for zionism and oil. Oddly, the people didn't feel great about being "liberated".

I'm afraid of Uncle Toms who want to get us into fights that have nothing to do with us.

Just what the hell makes you so smart? How did Obama pass you up and not pick you for a czar spot?

-Geaux

duly noted you have nothing to add to the conversation.

-Geaux

duly noted you have nothing to add to the conversation.

Such as yourself

Hello kettle

-Geaux

Forum List

Back