Socialized Medicine, as demonstrated by Socialized Mail Delivery.

Where_r_my_Keys

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2014
3def8e7d-48dc-44f9-a2fc-2d8340583142.jpg

I had to run to the post office today and when I got there I found this line. You're only looking at the few people closest to the counter, there were 30+ people behind the camera.

So I post this to social media... and the comment you see above, was offered by a Post Office 30 year man, who is incapable of seeing the problem, for what it is.

The republican Congress forced the USPS to, over 10 years, fully fund its retirement program for the next 75 years. That's not "spend 75 years putting money in the bank," it's "have 75 years' worth of money in the bank within 10 years."

It's drained the USPS' operating funds to the point where it can barely function. The good news is that the timeframe will be up in a few more years and the USPS will be able to go back to normal.

Why did Congress do this? To force privatization of mail delivery. Somebody stood to make a shitload of cash from that.

Our postmaster told me that the computerized system slowed the whole process down.

• Banned
The republican Congress forced the USPS to, over 10 years, fully fund its retirement program for the next 75 years. That's not "spend 75 years putting money in the bank," it's "have 75 years' worth of money in the bank within 10 years."

It's drained the USPS' operating funds to the point where it can barely function. The good news is that the timeframe will be up in a few more years and the USPS will be able to go back to normal.

Why did Congress do this? To force privatization of mail delivery. Somebody stood to make a shitload of cash from that.

Yes... That's because the Democrats, specifically the unions have raided the USPS Pension fund for decades and it was on the brink of bankruptcy. So... given the absurd obligations to which the USPS has conceded, having a funded pension is essential to the pensions of the thousands of 50 year olds that retire from the USPS every year.

Now... with that said, the photograph shows THE PROBLEM. Despite having PLENTY of people to man those Point of Sale stations available... where those people standing in line waiting for more than a half hour to exchange THEIR MONEY for shipping services... the Post Office Management has created an environment which wholly disregards any sense of responsibility to their employer, who's paying those salary and pensions... from BOTH ENDS.

• Banned
Now... over the half hour I was in there... there was easily 50 people in line when I got there and when I left it was probably close to 100... with people waiting in line OUT THE DOOR... standing in the sun. How many saw that line and drove on by is anyone's guess.

Seven people ahead of me... Two people working the counter... the guy on the Left was still serving the same guy that was there when I got there, when I left.

My bill was $17.00 to ship a package to NY.

So... easy math indicates that TODAY, that post office had the opportunity, the equipment, facility and personnel to produce an easy $3400/hour.

Which, due to pure incompetence, it instead earned $272/hour.

And THAT folks is the net result of socialized: ANYTHING.

American Letter Mail Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
American Letter Mail Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
American Letter Mail Company

Industry Courier
Fate Outlawed by
Private Express Statutes
Founded 1844
Defunct 1851
Headquarters USA New York

Key people

Lysander Spooner
The American Letter Mail Company was started by Lysander Spooner in 1844, competing with the legal monopoly of the United States Post Office (USPO, now the USPS) in violation of the Private Express Statutes. It succeeded in delivering mail for lower prices, but the U.S. Government challenged Spooner with legal measures, eventually forcing him to cease operations in 1851.[1]
quote-but-whether-the-constitution-really-be-one-thing-or-another-this-much-is-certain-that-it-has-lysander-spooner-175921.jpg

That's really odd, my local post office always has at least two ladies, been there for ages, and there's a third guy who comes in when help is needed. I've seriously never stood in line for more than 30minutes, during xmas... My town has like 70k people in it.

Now... over the half hour I was in there... there was easily 50 people in line when I got there and when I left it was probably close to 100... with people waiting in line OUT THE DOOR... standing in the sun. How many saw that line and drove on by is anyone's guess.

Seven people ahead of me... Two people working the counter... the guy on the Left was still serving the same guy that was there when I got there, when I left.

So... easy math indicates that TODAY, that post office had the opportunity, the equipment, facility and personnel to produce an easy $3400/hour.

maybe they need a scale that prints out weight as a bar code.

Maybe they need to put some of those postoffice employees into those Point of Sale Stations.

The Post Office is operated as a social program and not a business... and as a consequence, it's an albatross that is being subsidized to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars a year, by the US Taxpayers. It should be shut down or the Union should be shut out, so that it can be managed as a business.

Maybe they need to put some of those postoffice employees into those Point of Sale Stations.

The Post Office is operated as a social program and not a business... and as a consequence, it's an albatross that is being subsidized to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars a year, by the US Taxpayers. It should be shut down or the Union should be shut out, so that it can be managed as a business.

The Post Office is perhaps the MOST "audited for efficiency agencies" in existence.
All one has to do is go and observe the Supervisors watching the clerks like a hawk.
In so far as an entity increasing our taxes, any entity that pays it's employees minimum wage and trains them how to apply for Food Stamps, Welfare and Medicaid is just as much a cause.

The Post Office is perhaps the MOST "audited for efficiency agencies" in existence.
All one has to do is go and observe the Supervisors watching the clerks like a hawk.
In so far as an entity increasing our taxes, any entity that pays it's employees minimum wage and trains them how to apply for Food Stamps, Welfare and Medicaid is just as much a cause.

But honestly... look who's inspecting them for efficiency... the least efficient organization on earth.

Put it this way, few of those working for the USPS, have a future at Fed-Ex or UPS.

I only agree that Pareto Optimal should be a fixed Standard for public sector goods and services.

The Post office will pick a letter up at my house in NJ and deliver it to my cousins house in California for under 50 cents

There isn't a private company that would deliver a letter across town for 50 cents

But honestly... look who's inspecting them for efficiency... the least efficient organization on earth.

Put it this way, few of those working for the USPS, have a future at Fed-Ex or UPS.

I love UPS; I can order 6-10 delivery on Amazon and still get my package in 1 day.
I hate FedEx; they'll hold the package in the truck outside my house until day 6.
All three use each other to handle the load.
I don't know why you feel the USPS is so inefficient.
GW's Congress screwed them with the 75 years crap.

Go to FedEx or UPS when there's 10-20 people on line; a freaking long wait.

The post office will also pick up at your house at no extra charge. As a matter of fact, if you print labels and postage online, you actually get a discount as well as not having to stand on line.

So your gripes about the post office are based on a lack of information, as is your notion that the U.S. has socialized medicine.

Go to FedEx or UPS when there's 10-20 people on line; a freaking long wait.

The post office will also pick up at your house at no extra charge. As a matter of fact, if you print labels and postage online, you actually get a discount as well as not having to stand on line.

So your gripes about the post office are based on a lack of information, as is your notion that the U.S. has socialized medicine.

That nifty little home pickup slipped my mind.

Yes... That's because the Democrats, specifically the unions have raided the USPS Pension fund for decades and it was on the brink of bankruptcy. So... given the absurd obligations to which the USPS has conceded, having a funded pension is essential to the pensions of the thousands of 50 year olds that retire from the USPS every year.

Now... with that said, the photograph shows THE PROBLEM. Despite having PLENTY of people to man those Point of Sale stations available... where those people standing in line waiting for more than a half hour to exchange THEIR MONEY for shipping services... the Post Office Management has created an environment which wholly disregards any sense of responsibility to their employer, who's paying those salary and pensions... from BOTH ENDS.
Did someone help you post something so utterly stupid or do you claim sole responsibility???

Forum List

Back