I agree with the President on ending DACA

Congresses inaction on the matter is why we have DACA in the first place. It would be heartless to deport this kids to a life they've never known. I don't put it past a GOP Congress or the Grabber in Chief to allow it to happen, each blaming the other.

And if you were paying any attention to the press conference today, which you weren't, the administration said those Dreamers were not an enforcement priority.

Which is even more stupid, when you think about it. So other than placating his xenophobic base, what was the point, then?

if you are going to have a law, you should enforce it. Otherwise, the immigration laws do become meaningless.

And if you were paying any attention to the press conference today, which you weren't, the administration said those Dreamers were not an enforcement priority.

Which is even more stupid, when you think about it. So other than placating his xenophobic base, what was the point, then?

if you are going to have a law, you should enforce it. Otherwise, the immigration laws do become meaningless.
Earth to Joe!

Congress passes laws, not presidents. We are a republic not a dictatorship. I would much rather prefer DACA be legislated than dictated. Why have a Congress if we let the president make all the laws?

Comprende?

And I do find this post to be extremely ironic. Very much so.

Earth to Joe!

Congress passes laws, not presidents. We are a republic not a dictatorship. I would much rather prefer DACA be legislated than dictated. Why have a Congress if we let the president make all the laws?

Comprende?

Dude, you have a slot machine view of government. The reality is that we call on the executive to make judgement calls all the time on how to practically enforce policy. Always have.

Or were you asleep during the Reagan years? Or just not born yet?

And I do find this post to be extremely ironic. Very much so.

No more than you never getting off the couch.

Trump supporters can and will find some way to support anything he says or does.

Watch what happens over the next 6 months. There will be no effective change in policy.

Trump supporters can and will find some way to support anything he says or does.

Watch what happens over the next 6 months. There will be no effective change in policy.

I agree that there won't be a change in actual policy, but I think the mentality is the problem. This was being mean just for the sake of being mean. It had no other purpose.

Yup......those dreamers knew their parents were illegal and thus they were too......if they didn't know they should have gotten a clue the first time they needed to produce their birth certificate for a drivers license or whatever......
GOP voting companies and businesses knew they were hiring illegal workers but hired them any way because they knew they could exploit and under pay these workers. Yet 20-30 years later they want kick these parents and dreamers out of the country.

The reality is that we call on the executive to make judgement calls all the time on how to practically enforce policy. Always have.
The fact is that you want that process to be abused.

And it isn't a "slot machine view" to believe that Congress should have more power over the law than the president.

You are simply constitutionally ignorant.

(Sent from my Android phone on the couch)

But here is a president trying to respect the three branches of government by putting DACA where it belongs, in the hands of congress, the legislative branch.

Anyone who respects the legislative process will agree with this decision, though I understand the misgivings one may have with the competence of our current legislature to get anything done.

However, this isn't about compassion or morality, it is respect for a process that was established within the US Constitution. So please, spare me your lectures about compassion. You will lose this argument. So will any states that try and take this matter to court.

Buddy, the Constitution isn't a suicide pact.

The problem is, if ICE is spending its time chasing down the Dreamers, they aren't going to be going after the people we really want to deport. Because they only have so much manpower.
Yep no way can the incompetent GOP leadership can deport over 800,000 DREAMERS. The cost alone will make the GOP realize the errors of they're ways, let alone when the federal courts get involve. The Dreamers are American's and its America is all they know. Dreamer's know nothing about Mexico and do not speak the language.

But here is a president trying to respect the three branches of government by putting DACA where it belongs, in the hands of congress, the legislative branch.

Anyone who respects the legislative process will agree with this decision, though I understand the misgivings one may have with the competence of our current legislature to get anything done.

However, this isn't about compassion or morality, it is respect for a process that was established within the US Constitution. So please, spare me your lectures about compassion. You will lose this argument. So will any states that try and take this matter to court.

The problem is, if ICE is spending its time chasing down the Dreamers, they aren't going to be going after the people we really want to deport. Because they only have so much manpower.
Actually it pretty much is. Just ask the South.And as for going after the people we really want... We want them all. Start with the low hanging fruit, work through any we may encounter along the way; culminating in rooting out those who would hide. Exert enough pressure that many will self deport., that would be the ideal scenario. That's what America wants as reflected by this last election.

...but not for the reasons you may think...

So what's wrong with what the president did? Nothing. Did the Dreamers do anything wrong? Absolutely not.

If you have any respect for the Constitution you will see the president rightfully re-delegating legislative duties back to the Congress where they belong.

Assigning rational motives to anything Trump does is the height of stupidity.

So what's wrong with what the president did? Nothing. Did the Dreamers do anything wrong? Absolutely not.

If you have any respect for the Constitution you will see the president rightfully re-delegating legislative duties back to the Congress where they belong.

Assigning rational motives to anything Trump does is the height of stupidity.
Assuming anything Trump does is irrational is the height of stupidity. Check yourself.

You know, even Obama said that the DACA program was a temporary measure and would later have to be passed by Congress.

However...................Trump knows that Congress is a shambles and knows that there are several more important things that need to get passed (budget, debt ceiling), and so this will end up fading away in Congress.

Trump gets a double win, he stops the DACA program (his base will like that), but he also gets to avoid blame for ending the program by placing it in Congress' lap.

Tell you the truth, I'm surprised it took him this long to figure that one out, especially since Obama had originally said it was a temporary measure.

You know, that is about the smartest post I think you have ever made!

Dreamers are just illegal aliens by another name... dip shit

Political correctness makes you look stupid

A President also has the power to prioritize deportation. Technically a President can establish a program where he decides to defer any deportation proceedings against someone here illegally.

Forum List

Back