Hunters appeal failed

Well, first, I'm not one of those gun nuts. I think guns are too easy to get in this country, and it should be harder to get them.

So here's an idea: instead of leaving it to Hunter Biden to decide if he has a problem or not, do what the Navy did. Have him piss in a cup, and if it comes up hot, no gun for you. The problem with our gun culture is that we design it to make it easy to get guns. Getting an IL FOID card was way too easy. Of course, I have no criminal background and have no disqualifying issues.

But, compared to the hoops I've had to jump through to get my last job, get my last mortgage or resolve my wife's issues with immigration, getting the FOID card was way too easy.

All that said, I think jail should ONLY be for people who are truly dangerous. I don't think Hunter is a "shit", I do think he's made some bad choices in life, and he's lucky to have a family who has stuck by him. Last year, a grammar school classmate of mine passed away after years of substance abuse. They had an agreement with Hunter that he would cop to the paperwork fraud, pay a fine, and go on supervision, and frankly, that should have been fine and would have been had he been anyone other than Joe Biden's son.
He had a plea deal, until he determined it was not all encompassing enough. It was his choice. I assume he chose in what he thought were his own interests. Sometimes, a better deal is not to be had. He should not have gone for the gusto, in my opinion.

We should definitely monitor the border. That's one issue. An expensive wall? No. That's ridiculous. But we should be monitoring our border with GPS and drones and patrol people.

There needs to be a difficult to traverse physical barrier coupled with technology and patrol. There is absolutely no doubt that a wall slows people down and gives patrol enough time to respond to situations. Without one, it Is basically impossible to secure a border as large as ours unless we use drones that not only surveil, but take action. I don’t think you want that.

Common sense should prevail. Walls and barriers work, even if they aren’t perfect.

Forum List

Back