Hunter Biden’s opening statement to investigators collides with witness testimony, email evidence

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
We'll, I guess that settles it. In his opening statement to the committee, Hunter said, "I am here today to provide the Committees with the one uncontestable fact that should end the false premise of this inquiry: I did not involve my father in my business. Not while I was a practicing lawyer, not in my investments or transactions domestic or international, not as a board member, and not as an artist. Never," he said in his opening statement obtained by Punchbowl News.

So, everyone can pack up and go home. Except, that conflicts with testimony and emails about the Georgetown meeting, the Beijing meeting, the Naval Observatory meeting, CEFC China Energy meeting in D.C., Burisma board meeting in Dubai, and the meeting at the White House.

So who is telling the truth? Multiple witnesses or the drug addict whose ass is on the line?

Journalistically speaking, the POINT is, the only statement on the public record today is the prepared formal statement that the junior Mr. Biden made as his opening statement before the committee. His actual testimony is only known by the comments of committee members from memory as they answered questions after the day's proceedings. But "we" do know without any doubt that he perjured himself often and mightily. There is abundant evidence of the cash payments, conversations with foreign operatives, browbeating foreign assets with threats of retaliation from [nobody but] Joe Biden, and so on.

Biden's statement is not surprisingly totally self-serving, and is patently false in many obvious respects. The core unavoidable fact is that the Biden family reaped many millions of dollars from nefarious actors overseas, while having nothing of value to give them, other than the influence of Senator/VP/President Biden. Hence, the existence of massive influence peddling is...wait for it...UNDENIABLE.

Any Leftist using the expression, "...no evidence..." in connection with these matters should immediately be slapped. Eyewitness testimony is EVIDENCE. Bank records are EVIDENCE. Even recorded WhatsApp conversations are EVIDENCE.

Ultimately, though, I'm still not sure there is sufficient evidence that Biden, AS PRESIDENT, facilitated this influence peddling scheme. And that is what must be shown to support his impeachment.

It gets better -
Hunter Biden did not deny he shook down a foreign business client with his demand for a $5.1 million payment as his father Joe Biden was seated next to him; instead, he said he was "high or drunk" when he sent the text he now regrets.

It was Hunter playing "the drug card" in the face of allegations of impropriety and avoiding lying under oath, according to House Oversight Chair James Comer, R-Ky., to Newsmax's "Rob Schmitt Tonight."

"Hunter admitted that he was high or drunk when he sent the 'sitting here with my father' WhatsApp message, sent it to the wrong recipient, and is now embarrassed by the message," according to a reported readout of Hunter Biden's official closed-door testimony Wednesday before the House impeachment investigators, the New York Post and Daily Mail reported.

This is along the lines of the Steve Martin IRS excuse - "Hey, I forgot. Excuusse Meee!". This time he is using the old "Hey, I was high" excuse.

It gets better -
Hunter Biden did not deny he shook down a foreign business client with his demand for a $5.1 million payment as his father Joe Biden was seated next to him; instead, he said he was "high or drunk" when he sent the text he now regrets.

It was Hunter playing "the drug card" in the face of allegations of impropriety and avoiding lying under oath, according to House Oversight Chair James Comer, R-Ky., to Newsmax's "Rob Schmitt Tonight."

"Hunter admitted that he was high or drunk when he sent the 'sitting here with my father' WhatsApp message, sent it to the wrong recipient, and is now embarrassed by the message," according to a reported readout of Hunter Biden's official closed-door testimony Wednesday before the House impeachment investigators, the New York Post and Daily Mail reported.

This is along the lines of the Steve Martin IRS excuse - "Hey, I forgot. Excuusse Meee!". This time he is using the old "Hey, I was high" excuse.
And that would be a problem if it were actually a crime.

He had a business agreement with that company the company wasn't making good on.

Journalistically speaking, the POINT is, the only statement on the public record today is the prepared formal statement that the junior Mr. Biden made as his opening statement before the committee. His actual testimony is only known by the comments of committee members from memory as they answered questions after the day's proceedings. But "we" do know without any doubt that he perjured himself often and mightily. There is abundant evidence of the cash payments, conversations with foreign operatives, browbeating foreign assets with threats of retaliation from [nobody but] Joe Biden, and so on.

Biden's statement is not surprisingly totally self-serving, and is patently false in many obvious respects. The core unavoidable fact is that the Biden family reaped many millions of dollars from nefarious actors overseas, while having nothing of value to give them, other than the influence of Senator/VP/President Biden. Hence, the existence of massive influence peddling is...wait for it...UNDENIABLE.

Any Leftist using the expression, "...no evidence..." in connection with these matters should immediately be slapped. Eyewitness testimony is EVIDENCE. Bank records are EVIDENCE. Even recorded WhatsApp conversations are EVIDENCE.

Ultimately, though, I'm still not sure there is sufficient evidence that Biden, AS PRESIDENT, facilitated this influence peddling scheme. And that is what must be shown to support his impeachment.
giphy.gif

Forum List

Back