Hundreds of Students Protest Texas School’s New Cellphone Ban: 'This Is Not Right'

Cell phone for kids is an easy way for them to contact parents in case of an emergency and parents to contact them. It provides easy; and quick contact. Cell phones can even have GPS tracking.

Also parents can look at text messages on their phone to see what happening.

Generally I believe that the privacy issue is subordinate to general safety issues especially in under 18 children.

Parents are still parents and they should be aware of children under their supervision are doing. Can't expect the child to tell parents everything. Then again some parents may not care what they are doing.

Cell phone for kids is an easy way for them to contact parents in case of an emergency and parents to contact them. It provides easy; and quick contact. Cell phones can even have GPS tracking.

Also parents can look at text messages on their phone to see what happening.

Generally I believe that the privacy issue is subordinate to general safety issues especially in under 18 children.

Parents are still parents and they should be aware of children under their supervision are doing. Can't expect the child to tell parents everything. Then again some parents may not care what they are doing.
so it calling the school office.

I do not own a cellphone either. All this time I never took the cellphone era.

It's strange because whenever I go anywhere I'm always looking up (and around) while others are always looking down. You will see that in any adult waiting room area, park, airport, vehicle service center, etc... I work in a career field where you cannot use one for the entire 7-8 hours.

One student said she needs that cell phone to keep her safe. I'm sure the elementary students are "safe" without a cellphone.

Worse, people with cellphones come to depend on them for everything, especially for thinking and solving problems for them, while non-cellphone users still depend on their BRAIN to think and solve problems for themselves.

Worse, people with cellphones come to depend on them for everything, especially for thinking and solving problems for them, while non-cellphone users still depend on their BRAIN to think and solve problems for themselves.
they make their kid co dependent

Forum List

Back