Hundreds of Students Protest Texas School’s New Cellphone Ban: 'This Is Not Right'

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

Spoiled brats. We went to school or 100s of years with out phones. Wont hurt them not to have a phone in class. And it is not against the constitution. Kids can not stand it today when authority out them in their place.

Spoiled brats. We went to school or 100s of years with out phones. Wont hurt them not to have a phone in class. And it is not against the constitution. Kids can not stand it today when authority out them in their place.
Good move by the school, no doubt.

they dont. the office will let them call if they have emeregency.
I'm surprised parents allow it but not sure how you can contact parents if needed. I had a payphone or locker room phone when I was a kid after sports. Not sure if they exist any more.

I recall being threatened with suspension if anyone had a calculator and that was in the mid 70s,,

now with phones you have the answer to every single question from any class you were in,,

any kid that complains should get the paddle,,

I think that the school is probably being a little bit draconian. They should try and tell them to turn the phones off. Give them a 3 strikes and you phone has to be turned over during school hours if rule is ignored and person caught with using the phone.

Why do kids need cell phones in school?

Why do kids need cell phones at all?

That is a honest question. For thousands of years kids didn't have cell phones. What "need" does a kid have for a cell phone at all?

I don't even own a cellphone.
Smart man! I got the ole flip phone, like when I lose/misplace one I can get replacements on the cheap especially if they are pre-owned. If I need to get online I do it right here in my office like pretty difficult to misplace/lose a tower & monitor!

I recall being threatened with suspension if anyone had a calculator and that was in the mid 70s,,

now with phones you have the answer to every single question from any class you were in,,

any kid that complains should get the paddle,,
Perhaps your math class was titled "Math" and what you did in that class was just the 4 basic operations.
Yup, calculators should be banned for that ^^^ class.

Calculators are necessary for Higher Level Math.
For Example: I remember using a Table to find the ' Sin 55° '
Now it's just quicker to use a calculator to get the same desired result (and with more precision ).

Is that wrong in your view?

Perhaps your math class was titled "Math" and what you did in that class was just the 4 basic operations.
Yup, calculators should be banned for that ^^^ class.

Calculators are necessary for Higher Level Math.
For Example: I remember using a Table to find the ' Sin 55° '
Now it's just quicker to use a calculator to get the same desired result (and with more precision ).

Is that wrong in your view?
so you use a calculator because youre to dumb to do it the right way,,,

bet you also rode the short bus to school,,

Forum List

Back