Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

Oh and Yank. Would be kinda nice if she did run and won by a landslide and kicked O'L BO back to his Community Organizer position??? Jeeze. Just think. Then she could blame OL'BO for everything that goes wrong in her administration. Hmmmmmm Could work for me. How abut you????

That will never happen. Palin has a better chance of winning the lottery. And you know what those odds are.

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]Huckabee's Willie Horton [/SIZE]
He's proud of his deadly decision
maurice-clemmons-horton.jpg

[SIZE=-1]"Huckabee set me free and I killed 4 cops."[/SIZE]
Link Excerpt:
Mike Huckabee needs to shut up, for his own good. He cannot stop talking about the Maurice Clemmons case. The more he does, the worse he sounds. "If I had the exact same information in front of me tonight that I did 9 years ago in a case exactly the same, I would make the exact same decision," Huckabee told WLFI-TV on Tuesday. He said the same thing on Hannity's show. This statement is beyond ignorant. It reveals a man who simply is unable to admit he was wrong. Huckabee has accepted responsibility for granting clemency to Maurice Clemmons, although he did not in his initial statement. He also attaches numerous excuses and points the blame elsewhere.

"Clemmons should have stayed locked up like the jury wanted him and we wouldn't be having this discussion. I just have been figuratively holding my breath and hoping something like this wouldn't happen. I just think that a lot of the people that were subjects of clemency during that period of time were some very dangerous people who didn't need to be let out...My word to Mr. Huckabee is man up and own what you did."
-- Pulaski County Prosecutor Larry Jegley, whose office opposed Clemmons' parole in 2000 and 2004, Link
"It really does show how sick our society has become that people are more concerned about a campaign three years from now than those grieving families in Washington. It is disgusting, but people use anything
as a political weapon."
-- Mike Huckabee, saying Poppy Bush was wrong to run on Willie Horton raping white women in 1988, Link

MH was on The View yesterday. I really wish that all of the people that are blaming him could have heard him discuss it. Here is some of what he said:

“I take responsibility for the commutation that I did nine years ago, but the commutation before me was not of a cop killer or a child rapist. It was a person who at age 16 was sentenced for 108 years, and that is a disproportionate sentence in my state for anyone who had ever done a crime like that. And he already had served 11 years of hard time.”

“But the reason we have executive clemency in our system of justice is because there are sentences that are disproportionate, there are times when the justice system failed. And our Founding Fathers were smart enough to create checks and balances, so that no one branch of government was able to act independently of the other two.”

Huckabee: ‘I Feel Awful’ About Commutation, but Defends Decision - The Note

How can anybody argue with that?? Why would a 16 year old boy have to spend the rest of his life in jail for an unarmed robbery?? Punish him?? Definitely. But not 108 years in prison. MH was correct. The punishment did not fit the crime. And all he did was reduce the sentence to 47 years.

So for people that think his political career should be ruined over this, you are all as wrong as you can be.

MH was on The View yesterday. I really wish that all of the people that are blaming him could have heard him discuss it. Here is some of what he said:

“I take responsibility for the commutation that I did nine years ago, but the commutation before me was not of a cop killer or a child rapist. It was a person who at age 16 was sentenced for 108 years, and that is a disproportionate sentence in my state for anyone who had ever done a crime like that. And he already had served 11 years of hard time.”

“But the reason we have executive clemency in our system of justice is because there are sentences that are disproportionate, there are times when the justice system failed. And our Founding Fathers were smart enough to create checks and balances, so that no one branch of government was able to act independently of the other two.”

How can anybody argue with that?? Why would a 16 year old boy have to spend the rest of his life in jail for an unarmed robbery?? Punish him?? Definitely. But not 108 years in prison. MH was correct. The punishment did not fit the crime. And all he did was reduce the sentence to 47 years.

So for people that think his political career should be ruined over this, you are all as wrong as you can be.

you are a dope. why?

look below at my next post...

According to Huckabee, his sentence was commuted from 108 yrs to 47 years for two crimes that he committed at age 16 yrs, it did not release him. It gave him parole eligibility. It was recommended by the post prison transfer board, the judge in the case, as well as the parole board on a 5-0 vote.

Here's the link for

You are either stupid, a fucking moron, a liar, a dupe or all of the above. Read about the perp...

Huckabee is a right wing christian conservative who listens to god. He did an outrageous thing in pardoning this guy...
In 1990, Clemmons, then 18, was sentenced in Arkansas to 60 years in prison for burglary and theft of property, according to a news account in Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Newspaper stories describe a series of disturbing incidents involving Clemmons while he was being tried in Arkansas on various charges.

During one trial, Clemmons was shackled in leg irons and seated next to a uniformed officer. The presiding judge ordered the extra security because he felt Clemmons had threatened him, court records show.

Another time, Clemmons hid a hinge in his sock, and was accused of intending to use it as a weapon. Yet another time, Clemmons took a lock from a holding cell, and threw it toward the bailiff. He missed and instead hit Clemmons' mother, who had come to bring him street clothes, according to records and published reports.

On another occasion, Clemmons had reached for a guard's pistol during transport to the courtroom.

When Clemmons received the 60-year sentence, he was already serving 48 years on five felony convictions and facing up to 95 more years on charges of robbery, theft of property and possessing a handgun on school property. Records from Clemmons' sentencing described him as 5-foot-7 and 108 pounds. The crimes were committed when he was 17.

Clemmons served 11 years before being released. seattletimes...localnews

News accounts say Huckabee commuted Clemmons' sentence, citing Clemmons' young age at the time the crimes were committed.
The guy was more than just a 16 year old convicted criminal. He had a very bad file on record...he was more than just a 16 year old...plus he was 18 when sentenced to...
"hello manilla, can you read me?"General MacArthur

I'm sure you'd like to that Palin could never be elected Rinata. Stranger things have happened. Look. Obama got elected. CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN doncha know???

For heavens sake. Huckabee didn't let anyone out. All he did was commute the sentence from 60 years to 47 years after reviewing the case and speaking with the Judge. Prosecutors never spoke with him at all. The dude came up for parole and parole board released him. Probably a bunch of liberal assholes who decided a 16yr old deserved another chance. He then promptly violated his parole and was scooped by the Ark cops. The Prosecutors office then screwed up the paperwork and the charges were dropped. Dude then moved to WA state where he committed 8 more crimes. Some liberal asshole Judges then released him on $15,000 bond and he killed 4 cops. Solid upstanding citizen.

Who do you blame??? How about the asshole that commited the crimes??? How about the officials who used poor judgment in giving a 16 year old kid a second chance?? HIndsight sure is 20/20

Will this hurt Huckabee?? Don't know. As far as I know he had no plans to run in 2012. Will have to wait and see.
Totally agree, but this stigma will be used by the Dems, and as far as I'm personally concerned I hope this keeps him out of the race. Huckabee has never won my support, and if he eventually gets the nomination he'll lose. We can do better, the R. bench is deep with talent, it has only to be tested which it will be.

I almost see this situation as a "blessing"

you are a dope. why?

look below at my next post...

Lucky for you that you're not hanging until I read your "next post". I'm not really interested in what you have to say. When you ask someone to do something, you don't first call them a dope. It doesn't endear them to you.

Anway, I don't think you realize who the real dope is here.

I'm sure you'd like to that Palin could never be elected Rinata. Stranger things have happened. Look. Obama got elected. CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN doncha know???

I have no idea what it is you are trying to say. But don't worry, it's okay.

Clemmons would still be in jail for his 8 FELONY CONVICTIONS in Arkansas, if Huckabee had not freed him. And those four cops would still be alive.

Mike Huckabee has blood on his hands.

Clemmons would still be in jail for his 8 FELONY CONVICTIONS in Arkansas, if Huckabee had not freed him. And those four cops would still be alive.

Great. A fucking one trick pony. Go spam another board.

No kidding, a community organizor with absolutely no executive experience gone POTUS after serving only 150 days in the U.S senate. Palin trounced him on executive experience as a mayor and as a governor. Obama had no visible record of doing anything or accomplishing anything, yet people bought into all that teleprompter reading and voted him in there. :lol:

" When you want something said, ask a man." When you want something done, ask a woman." Margaret Thatcher.

Nice mouth, child. I'm not spamming anything. I just joined the board, and I'm voicing my opinion, just like you.

This is total b.s. Clemmons was 17 when he committed the crimes, 18 when he was sentenced. And his crimes were far great than "an unarmed robbery." There were five different incidents he was convicted of, numerous more he was suspected of, and 8 felonies on this books.

Plus, in court, he tried to attack the judge, threw a padlock at the bailiff, and tried to take a gun from a guard. Is this the kinda guy you want back on the streets?

Nice mouth, child. I'm not spamming anything. I just joined the board, and I'm voicing my opinion, just like you.

The same opinion in five different threads, one you started yourself. How many times do you think you need to express your opinion? Do you think we will not see it and read it? Just because four different people started four different threads about the same subject, one does not need to post their opinion in each one. Quality above quantity.

As for the mouth, glad you like it. As for being a "child," far from it, Skywalker.

For heavens sake. Huckabee didn't let anyone out. All he did was commute the sentence from 60 years to 47 years after reviewing the case and speaking with the Judge. Prosecutors never spoke with him at all. The dude came up for parole and parole board released him. Probably a bunch of liberal assholes who decided a 16yr old deserved another chance. He then promptly violated his parole and was scooped by the Ark cops. The Prosecutors office then screwed up the paperwork and the charges were dropped. Dude then moved to WA state where he committed 8 more crimes. Some liberal asshole Judges then released him on $15,000 bond and he killed 4 cops. Solid upstanding citizen.

Who do you blame??? How about the asshole that commited the crimes??? How about the officials who used poor judgment in giving a 16 year old kid a second chance?? HIndsight sure is 20/20

Will this hurt Huckabee?? Don't know. As far as I know he had no plans to run in 2012. Will have to wait and see.

I can guarantee you this will hurt him and hurt him badly. Remember Willy Horton? Michael Dukakis freed this criminal to go on and commit more crimes and the Republicans ran adds 24-7 on this and it killed Dukakis's chance of ever being elected as POTUS. The same will happen with Huckabee, I will guarantee it. Huckabee probably understands that this has killed his chances and if he is smart he will not even enter the race for the nomination. I like Huckabee, but he did commute alot of sentences, he is a Christian, I am too, but I do not believe that people suddenly find God while they are in prison and become law-abiding citizens. Some do but many do not. You take a risk as governor when you commute or reduce sentences. He regrets that now, but it's too late for those police officers and their family's. I am certain that Huckabee is not sleeping too well these days.

Last edited:

The same opinion in five different threads, one you started yourself. How many times do you think you need to express your opinion? Do you think we will not see it and read it? Just because four different people started four different threads about the same subject, one does not need to post their opinion in each one. Quality above quantity.

As for the mouth, glad you like it. As for being a "child," far from it, Skywalker.

So, free speech isn't allowed here? You must be a liberal.

So, free speech isn't allowed here? You must be a liberal.

Not likely, but you did make me laugh. That garners some positive rep.

You just don't get it.

Forum List

Back