Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

What a refreshing thing! Anyone - left or right - should wait for facts before rushing to judgement.... in any scenario. Well said.

And.... I admire anyone who battles their personal demons - yours with your weight. I will refrain from making personal references about it from now on.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I will also refrain from negative comments.

Let's just say that we stick to 'evidence based' name calling. :lol: We can call each other stupid, idiot, fool, etc. because we can back that up with evidence. However, we'll lay off the smartass remarks about each others physical appearance. :lol: And, seriously, good luck with maintaining whatever weight you feel comfortable with - just don't ever let anyone put you down about it - includng me.

Okay, thanks. Sounds like a plan. :)

I think this is a potentially serious blow to Huckabees Presidential aspirations.

I personally like Huckabee and think he can be a moderating force in the Republican Party. This, however, will be used as a Willie Horton moment. This is one problem with being a governor. You can sign the death warrant on an innocent man and nobody will blame you. But if you sign a parole for someone who later kills.....you are held accountable

I think this is a potentially serious blow to Huckabees Presidential aspirations.

I personally like Huckabee and think he can be a moderating force in the Republican Party. This, however, will be used as a Willie Horton moment. This is one problem with being a governor. You can sign the death warrant on an innocent man and nobody will blame you. But if you sign a parole for someone who later kills.....you are held accountable

Taking a purely realistic look at how things are practiced these days - you are probably right. This just might be a big nail in the coffin.

And while I personally have a lot of respect for Huckabee, I don't think I could ever vote for him. BUT, I wish voters could get past the soundbite mentality and really look at the whole issue. Which to me is whether or not Huckabee went overboard with his 1,000+ pardons and comutations or whether he applied a sound policy.

My knee-jerk is that when you grant extraordinary relief at the pace he did (more than his three predecessors combined) that an incident or two like this is almost inevitable. But what I'd really like to see is a good statistical comparison of recidivism among Arkansas convicts who went through the traditional release proceedures and among those who received extraordinary relief from Huckabee.

That would be a good indication (imho) of whether or not he applied sound principles to his policies.

Last edited:
Was Huckabee running for the presidency?
Damn, well there goes his chances, looks like his running mate is going to have to take over. I hope he/she has the moxy to pull this one out of the bag.

The fat fuck now has no problems...he doesn't have to starve himself to convince Americans that he is not a friggin' hypocrite without any self control.

I'm pretty certain that this negroid is blathering about his idol, Al Sharpton.

And you're forgiven for the comments about my rear!!! I'm Italian and I love to eat!!! I could eat pasta every single night and never get tired of it. Plus I am not very tall, so extra weight shows a lot. The most overweight I have been is 30 pounds and it was murder to take it off and keep it off. So that's why I admire MH. He lost 110 pounds in 18 months!! And he hasn't gained it back. That's also hard. The discipline it had to take is just amazing to me. I really salute him.

Thanks again for such a nice post. :)

why does being an Italian have anything to do with your weight problem?......just askin....

:lol: Because eating is all they do!!! My Grandma was so adorable. Food was her answer to everything. When you said, "Grandma, I'm full". She'd say, "Why"? Can you imagine???

She was overweight and so were my aunts and several cousins. But the food was always so good that it was hard to resist!! But I actually can't blame anybody but myself. As I've gotten older I realize that I have to be responsible for my own actions.

My Grandma is gone now, but this time of year I remember the Christmas cookies she used to make. I miss them!! :lol:

For heavens sake. Huckabee didn't let anyone out. All he did was commute the sentence from 60 years to 47 years after reviewing the case and speaking with the Judge. Prosecutors never spoke with him at all. The dude came up for parole and parole board released him. Probably a bunch of liberal assholes who decided a 16yr old deserved another chance. He then promptly violated his parole and was scooped by the Ark cops. The Prosecutors office then screwed up the paperwork and the charges were dropped. Dude then moved to WA state where he committed 8 more crimes. Some liberal asshole Judges then released him on $15,000 bond and he killed 4 cops. Solid upstanding citizen.

Who do you blame??? How about the asshole that commited the crimes??? How about the officials who used poor judgment in giving a 16 year old kid a second chance?? HIndsight sure is 20/20

Will this hurt Huckabee?? Don't know. As far as I know he had no plans to run in 2012. Will have to wait and see.

For heavens sake. Huckabee didn't let anyone out. All he did was commute the sentence from 60 years to 47 years after reviewing the case and speaking with the Judge. Prosecutors never spoke with him at all. The dude came up for parole and parole board released him. Probably a bunch of liberal assholes who decided a 16yr old deserved another chance. He then promptly violated his parole and was scooped by the Ark cops. The Prosecutors office then screwed up the paperwork and the charges were dropped. Dude then moved to WA state where he committed 8 more crimes. Some liberal asshole Judges then released him on $15,000 bond and he killed 4 cops. Solid upstanding citizen.

Who do you blame??? How about the asshole that commited the crimes??? How about the officials who used poor judgment in giving a 16 year old kid a second chance?? HIndsight sure is 20/20

Will this hurt Huckabee?? Don't know. As far as I know he had no plans to run in 2012. Will have to wait and see.

I bet ol' Huck is happy as pigs in shit that Obama made his speech last night. Now, the spotlight is off of him and his 1,000 commutations and pardons while in office. Of course, my girl Palin will be pissed that her BEST SELLING (free from NewsMax) book has been out of the spotlight for nearly two weeks, so I expect to hear something from her very soon!

I bet ol' Huck is happy as pigs in shit that Obama made his speech last night. Now, the spotlight is off of him and his 1,000 commutations and pardons while in office. Of course, my girl Palin will be pissed that her BEST SELLING (free from NewsMax) book has been out of the spotlight for nearly two weeks, so I expect to hear something from her very soon!

You mean she hasn't fired off a few missives about Obama's speech last night yet?
Can't she see Afghanistan from her front porch too?

Bingo Claudette! Thanks for for setting the record straight on another Hopey Changey Loon fantasy. Huckabee did not let this cretin out.

Thanks Libo.

Yank your just jealous of Palin. She has a best seller and people just mobbing by the thousands to see her and hear her. For someone you dismiss she sure has a lot of fans. Now she has a lot of money to go with the fans. Good for her.

Thanks Libo.

Yank your just jealous of Palin. She has a best seller and people just mobbing by the thousands to see her and hear her. For someone you dismiss she sure has a lot of fans. Now she has a lot of money to go with the fans. Good for her.

I don't dismiss her. I WANT her on the GOP ticket in 2012!

don't confuse the libs with facts

Has anyone asked Chuck Norris how he feels about Huckabee being weak on crime?

At least the guy admitted to making a mistake because it does happen in the parole process.

At least the guy admitted to making a mistake because it does happen in the parole process.

So, only 1 of his 1,000 commutations and pardons was a mistake? Is that because it is the only one that has destroyed any future pollitical aspirations he may have had?

So, only 1 of his 1,000 commutations and pardons was a mistake? Is that because it is the only one that has destroyed any future pollitical aspirations he may have had?
I think that the politicians should keep out of the judicial system. A person that had his day in court in front of his peers, and handed a sentence....that should be the last of it, and not a politician to come and change something he knows very little about. If a person does a crime, he/she should do the time...I'm a firm believer in doing all of the time.

Last edited:
So we all agree, Huck had a lot to do with those four police officers being killed. I wonder if he will

1. Keep his show on fox (of course he will)
2. Visit the family's of the slain (of course he will not, especially considering how he is already saying its not his fault he allowed this guy to get out of a 90 years sentance).

Fox, Huck, killer, republican. All bad words.

puff puff give .....

No I'm saying people error all the time even though they make the best decision possible that they can make. This is probably the case with most people who pardon someone and then have that person do some horrible crime. It was a mistake that he made.

You must remember ihope that Libs never make mistakes, much less own up to em, doncha know??????

Oh and Yank. Would be kinda nice if she did run and won by a landslide and kicked O'L BO back to his Community Organizer position??? Jeeze. Just think. Then she could blame OL'BO for everything that goes wrong in her administration. Hmmmmmm Could work for me. How abut you????

Forum List

Back