How will we defend ourselves from a Incoming Asteroid if Obama Rids us of Nukes.

Reaction score
Listen to this statement:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxL8NcNACBY&feature=related]YouTube - Obama will Gut the Military[/ame]

Now how in the world are we suppose to defend the US from a potential killer asteroid if he doesn't weaponize space or he rids us of Nukes? Has he been asked that question? Nuclear Missiles or Space Satellites with Weapons on them would be our best bet to knock a potential killer asteroid off course and prevent it from hitting our atmosphere causing massive damage equal to nukes going off killing millions. This is something to think about. We need to continue to build advanced weapons systems for this purose too.

Siberia 1908
1908 SIBERIA EXPLOSION: Reconstructing an Asteroid Impact from Eywitness Accounts

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You meant to put this in the humor section right? mAybe someone will move it for you.
No, he really believes it...He also believes Secretary Forrestal was killed because he was going to go public about aliens and Area 51.

Reaction score
We will just put a bunch of high school students into space ships that have particle beam cannons. The ones that score highest against the asteroid will be given an evening with any two Playmates of the Month of their choice. Plus a lifetime supply of Jolt Cola or Mt. Dew

slackjawed

Self deported
Reaction score
You meant to put this in the humor section right? mAybe someone will move it for you.
No, he really believes it...He also believes Secretary Forrestal was killed because he was going to go public about aliens and Area 51.

I have noticed a simularity to eots and terral, not always in subject matter, but certainly in the logic process.:eusa_whistle:

Might I suggest we just point that big old earthquake machine that Hugo Chavez says we leveled Haiti with at any asteriod that comes to close. Just point that thing at it, and shake towards the moon, leaving no fallout in our atmosphere.

That solution makes sense to me for such a pressing issue as an asteroid strike.

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Laser bearing dolphins:

...a fav pic for some people on this site...

And...if that doesn't work...So long and thanks for all the fish

goldcatt

Catch me if you can!
Reaction score
This has to be a joke, even US Spammer Retard couldn't be THAT stupid.....could it?

OP
US Army Retired
Reaction score
Can anyone give a serious response. What if the asteroid today was actually headed towards us. What would the solution be to deflect it?

random3434

Reaction score
This has to be a joke, even US Spammer Retard couldn't be THAT stupid.....could it?
You KNOW he's that stupid Goldcatt. He spams the internet with this crap daily, between making Betty rub the lotion on her skin.

How embarrassing for the right to have this freak on their "side" :eek:

goldcatt

Catch me if you can!
Reaction score
You KNOW he's that stupid Goldcatt. He spams the internet with this crap daily, between making Betty rub the lotion on her skin.

How embarrassing for the right to have this freak on their "side" :eek:
And here I was going to be kind to my conservative friends and not point that out. :lol:

slackjawed

Self deported
Reaction score
Well sarge, someone besides you has been thinking about it and they seem to think its a bad idea to nuke an astroid.
from;
Another Good Reason Not to Shoot Nukes at Asteroids : Discovery News

"Unfortunately, in research presented at the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference in Texas earlier this month, this "happy ending" storyline could have a nasty twist. Scientists have found that if a nuclear weapon did blow an asteroid apart, it could reassemble itself in a very short period of time, continuing its path to death and destruction."

and

"For example, if it was discovered that an asteroid was heading straight for Los Angeles and the U.S. government decided to fire a nuclear missile at it, only for the resulting explosion to cause chunks of rock to rain down on Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo and London, although LA would be saved, the U.S. wouldn't be very popular. World wars have been triggered over much less.

In the grand scheme of things, planning to evacuate and then sacrifice a city where an asteroid has been predicted to hit might be a better option than letting the nuke decide where to scatter the debris."

In my opinion, maybe we should just install a new world order.......

Attachments

goldcatt

Catch me if you can!
Reaction score
Can anyone give a serious response. What if the asteroid today was actually headed towards us. What would the solution be to deflect it?
All right Spammer, just what do you think a nuke fired from ground or a low-orbit satellite will do to deflect a mile-wide asteroid moving tens of thousands of miles an hour and close enough to be within range?

Not a damn thing, that's what.

Dumbass. :lol::lol:

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Reaction score
What's next US Army? Hand of God from "The Stand" as a weapon? :rofl:

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List